Random n@.

1. Football post coming after I’m done cursing every black and gold thing I see … including the roads, mocking me with their black and gold motif.

2. The PG DID blow me away with their Matt Lamanna coverage. Er. I mean their dinosaur coverage.

There are articles, a video, and photos, including quite possibly the fuggest photo EVER in the history of photography. The Trib’s photo is a bit better.

Also, if you’re looking for more information about my imaginary self-united husband’s fiancee (well, that was a weird sentence to write), check her out here.

As I wrote to a reader, if Matt Lamanna ever tries to leave the Burgh for a position elsewhere, I will chain his hot, smart self to Dippy. Or a pipe in my basement.

(h/t M, Stasia, and Anonymous)

3. Okay, first of all, that lady in the picture needs to be shot.

Second of all:

During the meeting at Starbucks, the group discussed what to say in a planned informational flier, wondered how much it would cost to produce a banner and debated the best way to sway the public. Toward the end of the meeting, Ms. Dove asked the group, “How about having someone dress up in a pigeon costume?”

You can dress David Conrad up in a spider costume and I’m still going to RAID! the shit out of the next arachnid that dares enter my personal space or even the grass that surrounds my personal space. And you can dress up Daniel Sepulveda as a pigeon and have him give me a hug, and I’m still going to kick the next pigeon that dares to even breathe near me.

Yeah, that’ll work.

(h/t Uptown Topranking)

4. Speaking of David Conrad, a reader emailed me recently, I’ve since lost the email so I can’t remember her name, to let me know that she was working the ticket window at the box office when David Conrad approached to pick up his tickets to the ballet. Okay, kids. I think what we need is a standard statement that you should say should you ever encounter any of my self-united imaginary husbands in the flesh:

a. PittGirl writes about you all the time.

b. Do you have a restraining order against PittGirl yet?

c. Are you going to wear the new PittGirl t-shirt? Hey, you ARE wearing the new PittGirl t-shirt!

d. Do you love PittGirl? Are you aware you’re married to her?

e. PittGirl is hot.

Pick one, any one. AND SPEAK UP!

5. Heh.

State police in Mercer County said they are investigating a strange robbery.

They said that stole more than $11,000 from the glove box of a car.The car was parked outside a Super 8 motel near the Grove Mall outlet mall.

Police said the thief cut the battery cable — to disarm the car alarm — and smashed through a rear window to get to the cash.They said car belonged to two 18-year-old girls from Grove City.

Two 18-year-old girls, hanging out at a motel, with $11,000 cash in their glove box?

Hmm. This is a puzzle!

I’ll take “Drug dealing hos who got their money stolen from them by an acquaintance … allegedly” for $1,000, Alex!!!

1. Bram Reichbaum
    November 19, 2007 10:55 am

Those dinosaurs looked like they were guests on Charlie Rose or something. Whatever Lammana did to them, it’s better.

November 19, 2007 11:19 am

5. Barbie Bandits II?

Or hookers splurging after a long weekend in (insert your favorite town/neighborhood of ill repute here)?

Yeah, that’s it …

November 19, 2007 11:20 am

Wait … they could be Joe Hardy’s next two wives …

4. Sarah
    November 19, 2007 12:07 pm

I worked the Dinosaur Gala at the museum Friday night. Can I just say, Mr. Lamanna looks pretty fine when he’s wondering around in his work clothes… but to see him in his little tux was almost too much to stand.

5. nellie
    November 19, 2007 12:15 pm

I guess this would be a puzzle to the “Barney Fife’s” of Grove City.
    How about the two Mensa’s who actually reported the robery?

6. Sarah
    November 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Ugh, I mean wandering around… thats what I get for sneaking blogs in the office when the boss is around.

And as to the gala, I was suprised at how much people got into it. There was more dancing and drunkeness for the dinos than I have ever seen at a Pittsburgh area prom. And thats saying something.

7. Kelly
    November 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Yay! That was me that works in the box office! Next time I see him, I’ll make sure to send him your love. Also, it was for the Symphony, but no matter where he is, he’s just lovely.

8. Bram Reichbaum
    November 19, 2007 3:19 pm

3. “But pigeon advocates scoffed at the suggestion that pigeon excrement was sickening humans or harming bridges and roads. In fact, Mr. Felder’s report concedes that “cases of civilians contracting diseases from pigeons or pigeon droppings are rare and the threat is often exaggerated.” And the report quotes a pigeon-control expert who called reports of infrastructure damage caused by pigeons “widely exaggerated.”

That’s your key graph.

9. B
    November 19, 2007 5:26 pm

I live in New York and think that Pigeon Lady (and all of the people like her) are nutjobs!! I fully support the proposed fine of $1000 for feeding them. It’s not like they are gonna starve…there are plenty of half-eaten pb&j sandwiches on the ground in the city for them to nosh on!

10. NoSide15212
    November 19, 2007 5:27 pm

“……I will chain his hot, smart self to Dippy. Or a pipe in my basement.”

“It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again.” Can you sew, PittGirl?

11. chrys
    November 20, 2007 1:26 am

5. LOL!!!! WTF are 2 girls doing with $11,000? Hmmmm.. drugs? or sex trade? hmmmmm.. one thing I think they are is.. dumb

12. NY Luvs Pitts