What they’re really thinking: Where the hell was Troysus edition.

All of the things you might have heard had you watched the game with PittGirl’s family:

• Can I just ask. Where the hell is Troy Polamalu. Seriously. Where the HELL IS TROY POLAMALU!?
  • … and Nate Washington FINALLY does something!
  • Son of a … mother!
  • Who is calling these plays?!
  • Man, Willie Parker is making some BAD decisions.
  • Maybe being so close to the action, his perspective is different. Maybe he can’t see where the holes are from there.
  • HE’S PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO SEE THE HOLES!!!!
  • Whoever is responsible for the special teams needs to be fired.
  • I blame Jim and Randy for their stupid stupid “this is a game where we say we shouldn’t overlook it, but we’re going to overlook it and we’re going to win” talk.
  • Son of a MOTHER!!!!!
  • I can’t watch this.
  • Is that the seventh sack on Benny … or the two-hundred-sixteenth? I’ve lost count.

I’m so pissed at everything and everyone that has anything to do with the entire Steelers organization that I flipped off the whole Waterfront this morning on my way through it because I know that Daniel Sepulveda lives there somewhere … and he really didn’t have anything to do with the loss, so you can imagine what I would do if I came face-to-face with say The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross today.

That’s right. A nut kicking.

1. Let’s talk Benny. Really, why can’t Benny learn to throw the ball away when he knows he’s going down? I’m all for not getting an interception, but Benny, you can’t be intercepted if you throw it to the sidelines in the general, non-specific direction of any player wearing black and gold. Try it. And also? Run!

2. However, in The Duke’s defense, apparently the offensive line took a four-quarter long nap. I mean really took a freakin’ nap right there on the field.

3. And then the defensive line allowing the Jets to run for big yardage, more yardage than we’ve allowed in like three years? The Jets!? I have pantyhose that run better than the Jets! My mascara runs better than the Jets! My neighbor’s thirty-year-old dog with two legs that died last year runs better than the JETS! God. Okay, maybe I’m being a LITTLE dramatic. I’m just so miffed.

4. Is there a rule in the Steelers play book that says, “Verily I say unto you, under no circumstances should you not run the ball on first and ten. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS run the ball on first and ten or the angry spirit of Art Rooney will haunt you until the end of your days.”

5. I’ve never seen the Steelers so ridiculously, fantastically horrible against such a ridiculously, fantastically horrible team. I’m pretty sure there were a few times the Steelers weren’t even playing the right positions!

I saw Benny line up as a wide receiver.

I saw Hines trying to break up his own receptions.

I saw Nate Washington try to … I don’t even know, but I’m pretty sure you aren’t supposed to catch the ball with your back.

I saw Townsend try to punt the ball.

Cabbage Patch Baby Cici Donna was playing airplane.

And you know what? I don’t even blame the Jets fans for being the assholes that they are. Because today, they’re winning assholes and the Steelers are big giant losers.

November 19, 2007 5:57 pm

where to even begin with yesterday’s game?

– the steelers played down to the jets’ talent level yesterday.

– the fact that we’ve lost 3 away games to teams we had no business losing to does not bode well for us.

– let the tomlin doubters begin to whine!

– at least it’ll be a home game against miami.

that’s it, that’s all I can do — I’d rather not keep typing until my fingers are nothing but bloody stumps….

2. deebee
    November 19, 2007 6:13 pm

Is Steely McFug doing some of the play calling??

So glad we are playing Miami at home!

Special Ed teams would be a better name.

Grrrr.

3. Becky
    November 19, 2007 6:45 pm

Because I live in Florida, I’m usually bummed out I miss the games. Today is not one of those days.

4. Bram Reichbaum
    November 19, 2007 7:47 pm

Daniel Sepulveda punted the ball about 30 yards. Diagonally. In overtime. Thing flew like a dead tuna. When it rains it pours. I’m glad you flipped off the Waterfront. Not because of the game, but you know, good stuff.

5. Rob
    November 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Something is wrong in the organization. The Steelers are playing with all the passion of a broken dog. Where is the raw emotion, anger, rage that allows the Steelers to dominate on defense? The smell of raw meat and fresh blood use to cause the defense’s eyes to glare and the oposition to fear for their lives? The steel curtain is more like a balsa wood sash.

TP is flying around doing nothing. All the guys playing two hand toch and not smash mouth tackle. Something is wrong with the organization.

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 19, 2007 8:37 pm

I was so happy that the Steelers were in the NY area and was let down when I saw how they were playing. I couldn’t believe that was the same Ben from last week. What happened??? 7 sacks??? Come on!!! I couldn’t even look at a newspaper today. How sad. The Steelers were playing so bad that even Troysus, with 1:55 left in the 4th quarter, had to let out a “DAMN!!!” when the Jets player made 1 down (I rewound it several times to make sure and called in a witness to verify). You know it’s bad when Troysus has to cuss.

7. B
    November 19, 2007 8:47 pm

The Steelers finally came to NYC and I had to watch that craptastic game…no justice. It was horrible.

8. mis
    November 19, 2007 8:47 pm

I will sum it up in 3 letters —
    WTF?????

9. Still A Fan
    November 19, 2007 8:54 pm

i dont blame ben at all. he had 0 time to do anything on some of those plays. on 7 sacks, 4 or 5 were unavoidable. i think to compare this week’s ben to last week’s ben is unfair.

also – i agree about the last punt. i think it had a LOT to do with us losing. when a dude catches a low ball on a full dead run, he’s past the first wave before those guys know what happened. they don’t know it was a shitty punt.

too many missed tackles to count. i had a breakdown of everything bad i saw on my site….it’s making me mad all over again to start typing them again here.

10. minion # 77777777
    November 19, 2007 9:30 pm

Ben played fine…it was those amatures at Oline who need a lashing…and Pittgirl I may be a minion but I also know enough about football to know that when ALLLLLL the recivers are covered, Ben can’t throw to them….that leads to interceptions to!

11. chrys
    November 20, 2007 1:23 am

the game sucked, sucked and sucked some more! I refuse to wear my (un)lucky Steeler sweatshirt again!! yuk.. that game sucked!

12. nancy
    November 20, 2007 8:00 am

there have been worse situations for the steelers. yes, they should be 9-1. its not the end of the world.

you watch– they will beat New England, but probably lose to the rams.

in any case, i dont think this team can survive the post-season’s demands (indy, the cheating patriots, wow!).

also, that new yorker in the final photo is adorable. makes me want to move to jersey where there are tons of cute italian boys.

13. M. Silenus
    November 20, 2007 8:27 am

I think we wouldn’t be in a panic about a 7-3 record if New England were not on such a tear. Also, the Jets are not the same team with Clemens at QB. Pennington most likely would not have been able to make that throw on the flea-flicker, but that doesn’t excuse any of the Steelers’ horrible play.

The offensive line gave new meaning to the term, but Ben has been covering up those holes all season with his scrambling. They really need to step up.

Mostly though, I just think the Steelers need to decide if they are a top team or not. The Patri-Bots do not come out flat against bad teams; they decimate bad teams. The Steelers need to decimate Miami on Monday night to show that they are serious about contending and bring there A-game for the rest of the season.

14. Uniontown ROCKS
    November 20, 2007 9:39 am

Here’s my theory, although it may be just to make ME feel better. anyway:
    WE play SO physical on the games the boys REALLY want too, teams who are good or who we have a beef with. Division rivals and the Sea chickens. Other then that, they figure they will give the ribs of TP the hamstrings of Fast umm I mean Stone walled Willie a rest. O line problems are not fixed from last year. Ben running because he is awesome this year or because he HAS to. He’s thinking HEELLLPP ME!
    Didnt hear him “give alot of credit to his line” this game like usual. No fire or passion. The only guys looking like they were there to play ball was Ben (not a minion but the man is a baller) Anthony Smith and although Hines dropped some, he was working hard.
    The rest took a xanax on the way to THAT SHIT HOLE that is GIANTS STADIUM huge vacum of shit!
    Watch Savaran on Sports late night.. the man is having on camera coniptions..(spelling) love that word.

15. Rusty Rustbelt
    November 20, 2007 10:11 am

The commentators constantly talked about the 3 yards and no cloud of dust offensive plan.

Run Willie into the line and get his head bashed in.

Again, and again, and again.

Steelers football!

New —– offensive —— coordinator —— SOON.

And give the Jets some credit, every NFL team should produce at least one decent game per year. Lousy timing.

16. MoreRoth,LessBurger
    November 20, 2007 10:29 am

If I don’t acknowledge it, it never happened.
    As far as I am concerned, the Steelers had 2 bye weeks this season.

I’m sure that’s what they were thinking….

17. BBM
    November 20, 2007 11:33 am

Do you think Cici Donna has “Xavier Roberts” tattooed on his ass like all the other Cabbage Patches do?

18. TheTruth
    November 20, 2007 2:40 pm

This may explain why Troy was off his game.

19. Jmat
    November 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Two words:

Troy sucks.

20. You Should Know Better..
    November 20, 2007 11:38 pm

Um, hun, did you get permission from the Trib to use their photos?

I didn’t think so.

Delete them until you have permission.

21. TheTruth
    November 21, 2007 9:45 am

Get lost You Should Know Better.

Are going to tell how it is illegal to take the tag off your mattress too?

22. Uniontown ROCKS
    November 21, 2007 10:42 am

Troy plays soft after injury. I called it when he made a tackle in the Browns game and the ball carrier landed on top of Troy as he brought him down. Right into his ribs. Broken ribs are one of the MOST painful thing and take a very long time to heal, and thats when you only have to lift kids and the laundry imagine getting hit or landed on. It is hitting style we love and also what hurts him.

23. danopsu
    November 23, 2007 9:10 am

wow….stay clear of the bandwagon jumpers…2 weeks ago everyone thought benny was the second coming and we were never going to lose again…

they werent up for the game…that is all…I knew they were going to lose when Bob Pomp-headuphisass said that the Steelers look as if they could and should win out….

I say “I’ll take things no-one should say during the middle of the season for $1000 Alex”

Numb-nut