Mike Tomlin says …

How will you handle the Thanksgiving holiday?

We are going to come to work and we are going to be thankful that we have an opportunity to do so.

How do you get Ben Roethlisberger to understand the difference between aggressiveness and carelessness?

There is a fine line, but we walk a bunch of fine lines. I think when you play this game at this level, you have to be willing to do that. There is always a fine line between being brilliant and being an idiot. That is life. We live in our hopes and not our fears.

How much responsibility is on coaches to make sure the team is ready to play?

I am responsible for everything that goes on with this football team. I am not going to come in here on a weekly basis and state that. I expect that to be a given. I hope everybody in here understands that. I am responsible for everything that goes on with this football team and I accept it and wear it like a badge of honor.

Yeah, he still rocks.

Unless we lose to the Dolphins, then I might jump off of this speeding love train and roll down the hillside to the station, hoping I didn’t miss the I’m Iffy on Mike Tomlin Express.

1. PittCheMBA
    November 20, 2007 10:55 pm

It will be interesting to see how Joey Porter and his Dogs, oops, I mean Dolphins, play against the Steelers. I can’t wait to see J-Peezy sack Big Ben.

2. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 21, 2007 8:48 am

J-Peezy ain’t gonna do nothing to Ben!!!! I wish he would!!!! It’s gonna be on and poppin’!!!! You’ll see!!!!

3. Uniontown ROCKS
    November 21, 2007 9:04 am

What the hell? Whats going on with the 4 posts above? These people sampled the holiday egg nog already?

4. The Bell Girl
    November 21, 2007 10:34 am

You have to give some tongue-in-cheek bonus points to MT for the Ricky Williams comment!

5. MoreRoth,LessBurger
    November 21, 2007 1:03 pm

There’s a fine line between winning and losing, which currently is the Steelers offensive (in every way) line.

That being said, at least MT showed that he had a pair, and took responsibility for that craptastic performance on Sunday. It doesn’t change the final score, but it gives a glimmer of hope that he tore those guys a new one.

6. Jonathan Potts
    November 21, 2007 1:41 pm

I think Mike Tomlin is cribbing lines from “This is Spinal Tap.” Of course, he did make a great reference to “All the Right Moves” during the preseason, so the man knows his movies.

7. Pinto Alegre
    November 21, 2007 3:53 pm

What Ricky Williams comment?

8. bellgirl
    November 21, 2007 6:24 pm

Pinto,

The following is taken from the Tomlin press conference article:

Q: Do you expect to see Ricky Williams Monday?

A: If he does, he does. If he doesn’t, he does not. We have no control over that, so we don’t worry about it. Whoever is carrying the ball for the Dolphins needs to be tackled.

Q: How tough is it for a running back to miss two years?

A: I am sure it is extremely tough. This is not a participation sport, but he is not your normal individual, in terms of talent either. He probably has a better chance of doing it than most.

The Bell Girl