Random n@.

1. Reader Goob informed me that the previous Random n@ was my 100th Random n@ or maybe this one is. I don’t know. Regardless, let’s all go buy one of these to mark the occasion.

2. Alan Faneca said:

“Sacks always sit on our shoulders as offensive linemen but there are a lot of things that go into sacks. It’s not all of us, but some of it is us. We’ll carry that burden. No matter what, you look at it and we probably should have given him more time.”

Probably. Probably? PROBABLY?!!? Pro-bah-freakin’-LEE?!?!!? Alan, the word you’re looking for is “absolutely.” Say it with me. Ab-sah-freakin’-lutely.

Hines Ward said:

“Over the course of 16 games, you’re bound to have one bad game,” is how Hines Ward put it.

Um? Isn’t this the THIRD bad game, Hines?

Also? WTF is up with the Steelers being all, “Well, um, goshdarnit, golly gee, ma’am. I guess we just had an off day, but daggum it I’m sure we’ll be just right as rain come Monday.”

What I want to hear is, “That? Yeah, that will never ever happen again because we’re going to straighten our shit out, yo.”

3. Charlie Batch keeps on being Charlie Batch. And we love him.

4. Man, this post is turning into a Steelers Random n@. Sorry, you non-football fans.

Finally found time to post some random Steelers pics:

Troysus and a few others visited the VA hospital.

Screw it! The beard can stay. I still love you, Troysus!

Charlie Batch held In the Pocket fundraiser event. Look, there’s Sally Wiggin working her do-me boots!

Somewhere, Anthony is losing his cool.

Make-A-Wish visit:

And finally, the Deans 202 Women’s event.

Ladies? I realize you want to look awesome when you know you’ll be coming face-to-face with a Steeler, particularly Skeeve Reed who has a thing for sluts; however, THIS is not the most sensible outfit to wear to a football training camp type event:

Proof that you can dress appropriately and still look adorable doing it? Here ya go:

Cutie pie!

5. Go say hi to my imaginary self-united husband Daniel Sepulveda this Saturday. Remember YOUR LINES!!!! (h/t Katie)

6. Proof that there is a God and he likes watching pigeons die as much as I do. (h/t Charlie)

7. I can’t tell if this real estate ad in the City Paper is a cry for help as in, “My job sucks so bad that I might kill myself” or if it is a genius help wanted ad. (h/t Annette)

1. Megan
    November 20, 2007 10:56 am

Faneca’s comment adds to my pist-offness of him. Almost every sack replay, Faneca was standing around with his arms up, doing a little circle every once in a while, NOT BLOCKING a single Jet.

Keep up the great blog-work! :)

2. Brando
    November 20, 2007 11:23 am

This picture of Sally Wiggin is almost as hottt as the one of her chowing down on the Kennywood corndog…

November 20, 2007 1:16 pm

sacks are sometimes “coverage sacks” — in that the receivers can’t get open.

but, ben rarely had time back there, which tells me that most of them — if not all of them — were the fault of the o-line.

and, the fact that I almost had as many yards rushing as fast willie did also tells me that the o-line ain’t gettin’ ‘er done as far as opening holes.

if they don’t do their job, ben and fast willie can’t do theirs.

and, yeah, hines — we’ve had THREE bad games, losing to teams we had no business losing to. brutha, please.

pittgirl — you hit it on the head with the “never again” comment. you wouldn’t hear the hated pats talkin’ that shit that hines dropped. this loss is INEXCUSABLE.

on a side note — doesn’t listening to phil simms commentate during steeler games make you wanna go all “van gogh” on both of your ears? I’d almost rather listen to siragusa on fox.

4. Frank
    November 20, 2007 1:47 pm

When I saw the Pirates slogan, I couldn’t but think:

“Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.”

5. Frank
    November 20, 2007 1:52 pm

And….apparently I’m that guy who misspells “beets”…

Man, I didn’t think I needed time off that bad…

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 20, 2007 2:01 pm

1. Congratulations on you 100th Random n@ post.
    2. Please! I’m trying to forget Sunday!
    3. We do love Charlie.
    4. Nice pictures but why do Troy look like he doesn’t want to hug that kid. Not a good shot. I blame the photographer.
    7. Love it. Gotta use it.

7. stacey
    November 20, 2007 9:15 pm

I just wanted to let you know that one of your imaginary self-united husbands, Matt Lamanna, was the speaker at tonight’s Teacher Preview Open House for the new dinosaur exhibit. I now see why you love him so….not only is he super smart, but also hilarious and much better looking in person than in some of those pictures! As I was leaving I heard some older women teachers commenting on how no one told them they were going to get to see such a hottie tonight! LOL. I tried to snap a picture for you but was sadly unsuccessful.

8. Jmat
    November 25, 2007 6:46 pm

In recognition of the very subpar season he’s having and knowing how PittGirl likes to call him Troysus, I have taken the liberty to give him the appropriate play on words name of:

Troysux!

Thanks you very much. Feel free to use this name in all references of #43.