Random n@.

1.  The courts have ruled that Penn State must disclose the salary of Joe Pa.  Is it inconceivable that he’s possibly making a million dollars a year?  Or do you think it’s more in the $750k area?

I mean, sure the publicly released figure for Jamie Dixon’s salary at Pitt is around $676,000, but previous reports all said he was getting around $900,000 per season.  So really, considering Joe has been doing this job for around 600 years, I’m going to guess he’s making around a million dollars.

I fully reserve my right to deny I ever wrote that should I be over by more than $250,000.

2.  I get what’s happening here.  We’re drilling under the river bed to make a tunnel.  Why am I already so very much afraid to be in this particular LRT tunnel someday?

3.  Speaking of the borer, genius work over at Carbolic, claiming the mayor used the  machine to get to a concert.

4.  If you’ve ever turned to your wife, looked her lovingly in the eyes, brushed a wisp of hair off of her cheek, and said, “I want to remarry you and I want Lukey to do the ceremony and I want there to be a chance to win prizes.”  Wish granted, you Romeo!

If Lukey somehow works the phrase “move forward” into that ceremony, I sure hope that I see 1,400 people throwing back some Great Western Champagne in perfect unison.

(h/t KGC and M)

5.  Who said it?

“Stretch it. Play with it. Stomp on it!”

A.  I don’t really want to know PittGirl, because it sounds kind of icky and I’m afraid the real answer is going to have the word “foreplay” in it somewhere or possibly even the words “Joe Hardy.”

B.  Lukey to Yarone about the latest letter from the ethics board.

C.  PittGirl teaching a young protege how to properly defile a pigeon corpse.

D.   Cyril Wecht talking about bowels again.

E.   A photographer to Sid the Kid.

1. chrys
    November 21, 2007 2:19 pm

4. I don’t know if I should be embarassed, or not, but my husband signed us up for the vow renewal..LOL! I thought it was a sweet gesture after being married 10 years, considering he doesn’t usually do anything “romantic”. Then I come here for my few minutes of snark, and read this about Lukey So I called my husband.. he heard it this morning on the news from no less that Sonny Abatta. He was hoping I wouldn’t find out about Ravenstahl… the proverbial cat is out of the bag.. Screw it all though, we are still going to do it.. just to see if he says “move forward” because I have a strange feeling this phrase will be said. And I believe he’ll probably say it more than once.. woo~hoo!!

2. nellie
    November 21, 2007 4:13 pm

Joe Pa needed all that money for the Grecan Formula he used to keep his hair the lovely shade that reminded one of black shoe polish. He kept them in business for years. Seem like he quit using it this past year or two though.

3. nellie
    November 21, 2007 4:15 pm

I meant Grecian Formula.

4. Bram R
    November 21, 2007 8:15 pm

My guess is A, but B is total genius. Phase 3 of that game plan is on the way.

5. Guy Hogan
    November 21, 2007 8:59 pm

My brother and sister-in-law went to Penn State. A couple of times I went to happy valley to visit them. They are going to retire in happy valley. Happy valley is a very nice place to visit or retire in. Of course like all major universities, Penn State is a city state and Paterno is its champion. And he has been its champion for decades. If you throw in all the perks he gets with the job ontop of his “basic” salary I wouldn’t be surprised that his income is in the “millions.” Of course I have no doubt Penn State will put his salary as much as possible on the low scale; they won’t include anything that by law they don’t have to. But I have no doubt his total income from his position as head coach of the Penn State football team for all these years has to be in the millions per year. These guy don’t stay that long at a high profile school unless they are very, very well compensated. Let’s not even talk about his retirement package. It would probably make PittGirl puke.

6. rusty rustbelt
    November 22, 2007 9:52 am

The coaches at Ohio State and Michigan both make about $1.8 million per year, plus endorsement and side deals.

I would think Joe Pa would make at least $1M.

7. Gunn Lino
    November 23, 2007 12:26 pm

Tell me again please, just why is it that we need a tunnel under a river to serve a relatively few riders when service cuts and fare increases are at hand ? And, there are a million other items which need more attention ?

8. GeeO
    November 23, 2007 5:26 pm

The tunnel under the river is to be the first leg for future expansion to the north and airport areas. That side of the story doesn’t get told very much. And the money for capital projects can’t be used for operations, so it’s not like they can transfer it to another account. Most of the money is from the feds, and if they cancel the project, they have to return everything that’s already been spent on studies, engineering, environmental impact statements, and site preparation. It’s kind of a convuluted system, but every transit project in the country is funded that way.

9. Jimmy the Shoe
    November 24, 2007 10:51 pm

With Marty Griffin so against the tunnel under the river, it can’t be all bad.

10. mike grant
    November 25, 2007 9:22 pm

His salary is above 3 million per year. This is a guy that donated 5 million to the school.

11. Don
    December 1, 2007 10:34 am

That’s more than enough to keep him in Ensure and Depends.