Random n@.

1. Did your Thanksgiving kick ass? Mine did, even though PittGirl Family Turkey Bowl 2007 was canceled due to poor weather conditions and the quarterbacks from both teams testing positive for tryptophan.

2. Reader JMat is trying to re-dub Troysus as Troysux. This will not happen on my watch. Uh. Uh.

3. WTF?

Exhibit A can be found on page 28 in the Nov. 5 issue of ESPN The Magazine, where little Tré Rivers Kemerer, age 2 months, gets his very own picture, taken at his very first Steelers game — against the Buffalo Bills.

You didn’t misread that: it’s “Tré,” not “Three,” because, his mother says, they liked the sound of the No. 3 in Spanish — with a French accent for flair.

Can I just say again, WTF?

First of all, a two-month-old baby has no business being at a Steelers game and second of all, number three in Spanish is tres, not tre, and by “for flair” does she mean “because we’re giant idiots”?

Poor kid. Maybe he can grow up and become friends with Seven and they can hate their parents’ guts together.

Anthony said the same thing … only he says it better. As per usual.

4. The lady who is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the longest fingernails in the world, measuring in at 24 feet 7 inches total, claims that when she found out that the book listed her record under the “Grossest Records” category, she was so despondent and hurt that she contemplated suicide.

Contemplating suicide because someone called your two-foot fingernails gross is kind of like Britney Spears contemplating suicide because someone told her she flashes her nasty bajingo a little too often. The truth is not something you should kill yourself over. Get your head out of your ass, wear some panties, and cut your disgusting nails.

God.

5. Spotted. Sid the Kid dressed smartly in a striking gray pinstripe suit, holding court in the VIP area of Diesel on Saturday night after the Pens game.  He stayed until 2 o’clock in the morning when he was let out the back door after much high-fiving of the patrons still mingling in the club.

I would have a photo of Sid at Diesel for you, if the big, mean bouncer/security dude/bodyguard man didn’t push my friend’s phone out of the way and bark, “No pictures!”

If you’re just dying to see Sid, you can also check out that famous bar in Sewickley where all the rich, under-aged kids go to get their drink on.

1. PittGirlFan
    November 26, 2007 9:54 am

Um, do tell, which famous bar in Sewickley?

2. Pensgirl
    November 26, 2007 10:27 am

Y’know, some of us feel about the Pens the way most of Pittsburgh feels about the Steelers. We’re elated to have Sid, Malkin, &c. We want them to love it here so much that they’ll do anything to stay. And we will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

That means NOT stalking Sid at a club. That means, if we’re “just dying” to see him, going to a public practice, a Saturday morning skate, a game. That means, if we happen to see him out, giving some small acknowledgement like a wave or a nod, and then going about our business and letting him go about his. It DEFINITELY means not taking pictures of him with our cell phones.

Leaving Mario alone is part of what made him love it here. So far, Sid seems to love it here too – enough that he signed that contract extension. We don’t want him to regret doing that, so we let him live his life without putting him in a fishbowl. He gets enough of that in Canada.

3. troysux
    November 26, 2007 10:32 am

Troysus is Troysux! Or better yet, he may as well be Troystump… meaning he may as well have stumps for arms and hands… since he never uses them to tackle! But he is very blessed.

4. Anthony
    November 26, 2007 10:43 am

Once again, too kind.

5. steelerfan
    November 26, 2007 11:09 am

Great Scrubs reference…i’ll have to mention it to my girlfriend Sarah Chalke

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 26, 2007 11:48 am

Hey PG, Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Let’s pray for 2nites game. We are 1 lost away from being tied with the browns.

7. CarolineFB formerly Ms. Caroline
    November 26, 2007 12:46 pm

I love Scrubs, but prefer referencing the lady part as “vajayjay.”

8. Woy
    November 26, 2007 1:01 pm

The woman in the photo looks like the character Karg from the Masters of the Universe movie.

9. nellie
    November 26, 2007 2:13 pm

The nails aren’t the only thing wrong here, what about the hair and pants??????
    Jesus, who took the picture? Hopefully they didn’t do it with a straight face.

10. marco
    November 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Tre is Italian for the number three. Spanish and Italian are quite similar.

11. Brother Anthony
    November 26, 2007 2:52 pm

She looks like the witch from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

12. pittgirl
    November 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Brother Anthony hit the nail on the head, yo.

13. Uniontown ROCKS
    November 26, 2007 4:53 pm

I named my dog Heinz. My kids refuse to call him that. These people would rather have the kid named after a serving utensil then a German name Heinz, or how about Hines? no lets go with Tre..then I’ll shave.

November 26, 2007 5:19 pm

this sid story reminded me of a story…from a long time ago….

I used to manage a record store in a local mall way back in the early 90’s. one busy-ass fri night, mean joe greene hisself stopped in, wanting to pick up the latest beats.

as I was ringing him up, a well-mannered little kid came up to him and asked, “excuse me, but are you mean joe greene?”

mean joe responded, “well, I used to be….”

“can I please have your autograph?”

“no, kid…not tonight.”

this incident was so polar-opposite to MJG’s image from that old coke commercial, I was a little stunned.

but, the lesson is — yes, leave the supastars alone when they’re doing their regular life shit. when you hit them up, then everyone else does, too.

though, I still think MJG could have stopped in on a tuesday afternoon instead, if he didn’t want to be bothered.

15. nellie
    November 26, 2007 5:20 pm

No comment from someone who had an Old English Sheepdog named Kareem (After Kareem Abdul Jabar)in the 70’s. Looking back, why didn’t I just name him Lou?

November 26, 2007 6:20 pm

I was in the Pittsburgh Bottleshop Cafe one fall Sunday afternoon a couple years ago, my wife and I and a handful of other people and what was either Dan Marino or his twin sitting at the bar, drinking Stella and watching football with another guy who made quite a show of ogling the waitstaff (my wife noticed this; I was too busy ogling the waitstaff to notice).

Anyway, I leaned over to my wife and said, “If I said the name ‘Dan Marino’ would you know what he looks like?” She said sure. I indicated the man at the bar. She said uh-huh, it sure looks like him. Why don’t you go ask? I said, I really don’t like to bother those people, they get enough of that.

When we got home I pulled up a photo of him and said “What do you think?” She said “Wow. I think so.”

And that was cool enough.

17. K Dogg
    November 28, 2007 9:21 am

Hmmm your number 5 sounds a little Gossip Girl-esque. Was that on purpose? And yes, I watch Gossip Girl.