1. From today’s Cat’s Call as Cat responds to a letter from a girl who is grossed out that her friend tongue-kisses her boyfriend all the time right in her face:
Oh-My-Gawd! Tongues in mouths? Stop the presses, we’ve got a situation here. Despite whatever awkwardness you feel about their tongues, kissing is hardly “serious PDA.” I agree that huge, messy (i.e. bad) kissing is unappetizing to view close-up, but you can’t tell her to stop kissing her boyfriend. Hey, better their tongues are in their mouths as opposed to somewhere else.
Cat! This is a FAMILY newspaper! Geez.
2. The Onion jumps on the Sid is the Savior of Hockey Bandwagon. (h/t somebody whose email I deleted. Sorry!)
3. Reader Stonebro wrote:
From a Snapple lid:
“Real Fact #125”: Pigeons have been trained by the U.S. Coast Guard to spot people lost at sea.
What do they do once they find those people? Fly down low, buzz them, then shit on their hair?
4. Both Steely McBeam and Skippy Skeeve (Hello, Jeff Reed’s new nickname!) are both contestants in the Deadspin Sports Human of the Year award race. Steely is losing his round 1 matchup, and so is Skippy Skeeve.
(h/t Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl)
5. Craigslist goodies! Yay!
- Um, shouldn’t you be fighting that fire behind you and not so much posing for your Craigslist pic?
- Maybe the reason you’re still looking is because your MySpace name is DeathInLife666. And so I checked out your MySpace page and now I’m sleeping with the lights on.
- WTF? Is this English?
- Well with a porn stash like THAT, what else was he going to do with his life?