1. Kelly Bow-Chicka-Bow Frey is at it again, this time doing the sexy belly dance grind in the middle of a bunch of stripper poles. Not to be confused with the last video, in which she actually used the stripper pole. I fully expect the next video to be Kelly Frey belly dancing AND using a stripper pole. Or, hell, just plain stripping. (h/t Kevin)
2. Celizic compares the shooting death/underlying psychology of Sean Taylor to Benny.
And is really that much different that Ben Roethlisberger? Big Ben also felt the need to show what a tough guy he was, except he did it by riding a motorcycle without a helmet. That doesn’t have the same air of danger about it that waving guns around and acting like a thug does, but it almost killed him. It seems that the underlying psychology is the same, it’s just the cultural backdrop and mode of expression that’s different.
It is NEVER going to end. Benny is going to be 90-years-old and attending the hundred-somethingeth anniversary of the Steelers and the media are going to be all, “Now that you’re on your deathbed, do you regret not wearing a helmet that fateful day?”
I hope Benny musters up enough strength to kick them in the nuts and tell them to go to hell, because old people are pretty much allowed to do whatever the hell old people want. Also? I bet Jeff Reed will be there with a slut at each wheel.
3. The New Yorker went and profiled my hero, New York City Councilman Simcha Felder.
Felder said recently, sitting in his office on Broadway, where he had decorated one of the walls with a blown-up photograph of some guano-encrusted pipes at the Lorimer Street stop on the J/M trains.
I think I’ll get a blown-up photograph of a pigeon corpse for my office.
He is also calling for all the city’s garbage cans to be capped, so that a little more ingenuity would be required of hungry pigeons. “If they want to eat, they have to get inside the hole,” he said. “They can’t just pick at the side. Now it’s, like, Mr. Pigeon says to Mrs. Pigeon, ‘Do you want to go out to dinner tonight? We don’t have to go to Radio City Music Hall. We can go down to Broadway and Forty-fourth. The can there is easy.’ ”
The anticipation seemed to be making him paranoid. “Yesterday, I was having lunch in City Hall Park with a colleague, and this squirrel comes over, literally up to my feet, and he stands up,” Felder said. “I’m eating a bar of chocolate. I said, ‘What, are you kidding? You’re with them?’ It ran away, but five minutes later dozens of pigeons, like something out of some spook movie, show up, and they’re all over the place. I said, ‘Get a camera!’ ”
Dude. I have been there.
Be wary. The pigeons. They are smart.
4. Lukey is having a PART-AY!!!!
5. Are you kidding me, Rendell?! Add ANOTHER cent to what is already just about the most taxed fuel in the country?! I’d tell you to “bite me” but I’ve seen the way you devour sandwiches.