Random n@.

1. Kelly Bow-Chicka-Bow Frey is at it again, this time doing the sexy belly dance grind in the middle of a bunch of stripper poles. Not to be confused with the last video, in which she actually used the stripper pole. I fully expect the next video to be Kelly Frey belly dancing AND using a stripper pole. Or, hell, just plain stripping. (h/t Kevin)

2. Celizic compares the shooting death/underlying psychology of Sean Taylor to Benny.

And is really that much different that Ben Roethlisberger? Big Ben also felt the need to show what a tough guy he was, except he did it by riding a motorcycle without a helmet. That doesn’t have the same air of danger about it that waving guns around and acting like a thug does, but it almost killed him. It seems that the underlying psychology is the same, it’s just the cultural backdrop and mode of expression that’s different.

It is NEVER going to end. Benny is going to be 90-years-old and attending the hundred-somethingeth anniversary of the Steelers and the media are going to be all, “Now that you’re on your deathbed, do you regret not wearing a helmet that fateful day?”

I hope Benny musters up enough strength to kick them in the nuts and tell them to go to hell, because old people are pretty much allowed to do whatever the hell old people want. Also? I bet Jeff Reed will be there with a slut at each wheel.

3. The New Yorker went and profiled my hero, New York City Councilman Simcha Felder.

Best parts:

Felder said recently, sitting in his office on Broadway, where he had decorated one of the walls with a blown-up photograph of some guano-encrusted pipes at the Lorimer Street stop on the J/M trains.

I think I’ll get a blown-up photograph of a pigeon corpse for my office.

He is also calling for all the city’s garbage cans to be capped, so that a little more ingenuity would be required of hungry pigeons. “If they want to eat, they have to get inside the hole,” he said. “They can’t just pick at the side. Now it’s, like, Mr. Pigeon says to Mrs. Pigeon, ‘Do you want to go out to dinner tonight? We don’t have to go to Radio City Music Hall. We can go down to Broadway and Forty-fourth. The can there is easy.’ ”

HAH!

The anticipation seemed to be making him paranoid. “Yesterday, I was having lunch in City Hall Park with a colleague, and this squirrel comes over, literally up to my feet, and he stands up,” Felder said. “I’m eating a bar of chocolate. I said, ‘What, are you kidding? You’re with them?’ It ran away, but five minutes later dozens of pigeons, like something out of some spook movie, show up, and they’re all over the place. I said, ‘Get a camera!’ ”

Dude. I have been there.

Be wary. The pigeons. They are smart.

(h/t bluetail)

4. Lukey is having a PART-AY!!!!

5. Are you kidding me, Rendell?! Add ANOTHER cent to what is already just about the most taxed fuel in the country?! I’d tell you to “bite me” but I’ve seen the way you devour sandwiches.

1. spoon
    November 28, 2007 12:47 pm

the problem with Eddy is that he’s feelin inferior to Danny Dickhead Onotaro who wants to make the alcohol tax from 81% to 91%. Screw’m both. If Dan is ever elected governor of PA I’m moving.

2. joey
    November 28, 2007 12:59 pm

Kelly’s got quite the rack going on there. Musn’t be ratings time, though, as she was about as fully dressed as one could be while belly-dancing.

kelly, no skin no win.

3. spoon
    November 28, 2007 1:20 pm

I’d like to vote to have AliMo report stories like this.

4. BBM
    November 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Oh my, “a slut at each wheel” is just about the funniest thing ever.

Maybe Kelly should take Skippy Skeeve with her on her next dancing assignment. I’m sure he could tell her all about stripping.

5. Frank
    November 28, 2007 1:31 pm

There should be a law that old people are allowed to do whatever they want. A friend thinks, for example, that all drugs should be legal at a certain age. Cocaine? Sure, when you’re 75 who really gives a shit?

6. TrolleyRider
    November 28, 2007 1:52 pm

Isn’t this the same Rendell who goes on about how we need alternative fuels to lower gas costs???

If you read the gas tax article in the PG this is to repay a loan the state took out of the fund to fix these tanks a few years ago and has now decided it can’t repay. I wish I could take out loans for anything I wanted and then a year later demand my employer pay me more so I could pay for the loans I took out with no intention of paying back with the money I currently had.

7. bellgirl
    November 28, 2007 2:11 pm

8. Violet
    November 28, 2007 2:59 pm

I was walking down Forbes Ave. in Oakland today, and I literally had to weave in and out of dive-bombing pigeons like some sick game of dodgeball. Terrifying.

9. still a fan
    November 28, 2007 3:37 pm

mr rendell used to have an office when he was the dnc head in the building where i used to eat lunch every day when i worked in the city of brotherly love. even though it was a “gourmet” food court, he usually ate at the same place i did…a little bagel joint owned by the coolest trio of brothers in the world. anyhoo…i’ve seen the man eat as well. its not pretty. while some eat to appreciate the taste, he eats like a lion who just killed a weak link with antlers. one day i went late, placed my order, turned around and there he was…this was after he was voted governor. i shook his hand and said hello and asked him how someone was i used to know who i know worked on his campaign. he started telling me about her until it was his turn to order and then it was ALL business….. can you imagine him and andy reid going out together to eat? what would that check be?

10. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 28, 2007 4:26 pm

PG, As a New Yorker, would you like for me to write a letter to our dear councilman on your behalf? I have a cousin who lives in his district. Here’s a picture of what he looks like http://www.nyccouncil.info/pictures/felder.jpg

November 28, 2007 4:42 pm

1. It won TAE the Pulitzer last year, guess they decided to try for another.

November 28, 2007 4:43 pm

Or Emmy, or whatever …

November 28, 2007 4:52 pm

yeah, spoon — why can’t kdka have a sweeps story like this?

starring alimo, sonni, stephanie, valerie — patrice, too.

yeah, I said it.

14. spoon
    November 28, 2007 8:05 pm

unsatisfied, that sir is a GREAT idea!

15. Melissa
    November 28, 2007 11:17 pm

Agree w/ the post about the helmet thing, it seems like it will never end. Why??? Because people care more about what these players do off the field then we need. Its none of our business. If they want to not wear a helmet, “date” a slut and/or golddiggers, etc. then that is their thing, not mine. Kind of like mudgate…its only been a few days but I’m really tired about hearing about that damn field. I’d rather spend my time debating about the pros and cons of the presidential canidatates….

That being said, I can’t look at Jeff Reed anymore w/out thinking about the things being written on this blog:)

16. PittCheMBA
    November 28, 2007 11:32 pm

WTAE must be desperate for ratings. From WTAE I would rather see Janelle Hall or Ashley DiParlo belly dance. From KDKA, Stepanie Watson.

17. Gunn Lino
    November 28, 2007 11:39 pm

Fire up the voting machines, Rock the vote: vote for your fav newsy to do the next dance story !

18. bill
    November 29, 2007 6:22 am

Next belly dancer…….I vote for Sally Wiggin in her “do me” boots.

19. TrolleyRider
    November 29, 2007 8:36 am

“Alternative fuels decrease the demand for gasoline. Then the price of gasoline goes down. Tax gas and alternative fuels become more viable options. At least you’re not paying European prices to fuel your car.”

That’s weird, because today Rendell announced that there will be a $1 subsidy for every gallon of biofuels produced in PA this year. If biofuel is so great, why can’t it compete on its own when gas is over $3 a gallon??? Alternative fuels must not be that great of an option for the consumer if the only way we can get them to be a “viable option” is to tax their only competition through the roof AND artificially add $1 to the price paid for every gallon of biofuel.

20. Heidi
    November 29, 2007 12:35 pm

I was watching that story and thinking “implants” the whole time. I guess I’m just jealous.

21. LuvinKellyBoobs
    November 30, 2007 12:12 am

Heidi:

Are you saying that Kelly’s boobs are fake? I don’t think those. I loved those profile shots that showed her tatas in all their glory!

LKB

22. Heidi
    November 30, 2007 10:35 pm

Yep, I think they are fake. Her proportions are too unbalanced, but good for her.