1. The blogroll. It has been updated with those blogs that I’ve been reading via my Bloglines feeds for six months now. Welcome, The Comet, The Burgh Report, and My Brilliant Mistakes.
2. I have been meaning for ages to link you all to this hilarious bit Julie Gong wrote about kites. It was one of those tiny blurbs inside of a larger post that really stuck out and made me go damn, I wish I wrote that. Check it out (tm Wendy Bell).
3. Rendell claims he had nothing to do with that penny per gallon tax:
But Rendell said in a statement Wednesday that he had only just learned about the proposed fee increase from news accounts, and called the price of gas high enough right now.
So either Eddie is lying about not knowing or Eddie has no idea what’s going on in his administration. I’m not cool with either of those options.
5. Kris Letang? I feel your pain, yo.
Then there are those days, a handful of times a year, when he has to stop what he is doing, lie down in a dark room and try to sleep through the vision loss in his left eye, intense nausea and a severe headache.
Letang knows when he starts having impaired vision that he is at the onset of a migraine, but it is unnerving each time.
Do what I do. Avoid alcohol and chocolate during your time of the month.
6. Some readers are all up in arms because I have stated that come Sunday, a part of me will be cheering for Carson Palmer and TJ Housh! because they’re leading my fantasy team, while my opponent has Benny playing quarterback.
Let me clarify lest all of Steeler Nation join up with The Minions in hating PittGirl’s heart blacker than sin.
I absolutely want the Steelers to win on Sunday, no doubt about it.
I’m just hoping that win comes along with maybe three Carson Palmer/TJ touchdowns and like just one or two Benny interceptions. That’s all I’m asking for, football gods.
There’s $25 at stake here.
I could buy a new VCR with that!