Random n@.

1. The blogroll. It has been updated with those blogs that I’ve been reading via my Bloglines feeds for six months now. Welcome, The Comet, The Burgh Report, and My Brilliant Mistakes.

2. I have been meaning for ages to link you all to this hilarious bit Julie Gong wrote about kites. It was one of those tiny blurbs inside of a larger post that really stuck out and made me go damn, I wish I wrote that. Check it out (tm Wendy Bell).

3.  Rendell claims he had nothing to do with that penny per gallon tax:

But Rendell said in a statement Wednesday that he had only just learned about the proposed fee increase from news accounts, and called the price of gas high enough right now.

So either Eddie is lying about not knowing or Eddie has no idea what’s going on in his administration.  I’m not cool with either of those options.

4.   PittGirl’s Christmas 2007 e-card.  (h/t Megan)  This one I’m saving for next year’s Thanksgiving.

5.  Kris Letang?  I feel your pain, yo.

Then there are those days, a handful of times a year, when he has to stop what he is doing, lie down in a dark room and try to sleep through the vision loss in his left eye, intense nausea and a severe headache.

Letang knows when he starts having impaired vision that he is at the onset of a migraine, but it is unnerving each time.

Do what I do.  Avoid alcohol and chocolate during your time of the month.

6.  Some readers are all up in arms because I have stated that come Sunday, a part of me will be cheering for Carson Palmer and TJ Housh! because they’re leading my fantasy team, while my opponent has Benny playing quarterback.

Let me clarify lest all of Steeler Nation join up with The Minions in hating PittGirl’s heart blacker than sin.

I absolutely want the Steelers to win on Sunday, no doubt about it.

I’m just hoping that win comes along with maybe three Carson Palmer/TJ touchdowns and like just one or two Benny interceptions.  That’s all I’m asking for, football gods.

There’s $25 at stake here.

I could buy a new VCR with that!

1. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 29, 2007 9:46 am

I have to go to church on Sunday and then I have a singing gig afterward but I will sure be praying to the football gods with you. We have got to win. I hope I wont be disappointed when I come home and turn on the DVR. GO STEELERS!!! Does anyone know if Troy will be in the game?

2. Cynthia Closkey
    November 29, 2007 11:02 am

I’m honored to know you’ve been reading My Brilliant Mistakes, and that we’ve made the blogroll. I wondered who our new visitor was.

You’ve highlighted the treacherous dark side of fantasy sports: the way they make you root against your own beloved team. This week I go up against STBD Gets Sporty, who has the Pittsburgh defense — so I’ll be cringing and cheering at the same time for every great defensive play. I’ll be lucky to survive the game with sanity intact.

3. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    November 29, 2007 12:46 pm

Eddie’s lying. He does it all the time, but it’s not really intentional (most of the time). Part of the problem is that he just doesn’t remember what he says, when he says it and to whom/who (??) he says it. (I can never remember the rules for that.) Also, your Sunday dilemma is why I cannot participate in fantasy football — unless my team can be made completely of Steelers players. I just can’t bring myself to cheer for other players to do well, especially when they play the Steelers. Same for other teams. I can cheer against New England or the Cowboys, but that doesn’t mean I’m cheering for the team playing them.

4. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    November 29, 2007 12:48 pm

Also, Eddie doesn’t know what’s going on in his administration. I have friends who work for him, and the stories I hear…

5. Stasia
    November 29, 2007 2:39 pm

THANK YOU for sharing the someecards.com site! Hilarious. I’m already sending some out. (Including the “I’ll always be grateful you didn’t abort me” one to my mom!)

6. Julie_Gong
    November 29, 2007 3:52 pm

I always think “damn, I wish I wrote that” when I read your site!

7. Bram R
    November 29, 2007 4:06 pm

Dang it. Now I really have to start blogging again. I picked a heck of a week to start sniffing glue.

8. DW
    November 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Nice Airplane! reference, Bram R!

9. Trish
    November 29, 2007 5:51 pm

As I’ve said previously, I have Carson AND TJ AND the Steelers’ D on my fantasy team. I don’t know if I can watch since the schizophrenia will kill me.