1. Cincinnati-based undercover Burgh agent and reader Erik H is the winner of the free PittGirl shirt for his generosity in donating to the PAAR fundraiser in my name. Thanks again to all of you that donated. I actually put all of your names on slivers of paper, scattered them on my desk, closed my eyes and grabbed one. If you don’t believe me, here’s my garbage can.
2. The Soup Nazi‘s Original Soup Man shop is opening up here in the Burgh on Forbes across from Macy’s. See.
Isn’t that where Tommy’s used to be? Selling his “The Steeler” sandwich?
Regardless, you should familiarize yourself with the rules. “Pick what you want, have your money ready, and move to the EXTREME left after ordering, or no soup for you!” I can’t tell you how tempted I am going to be to go in there and move to the moderate left.
Yeganeh accepts media inquiries, but his “media rules” forbid mention of “the ‘N’ word” (for Nazi), personal questions, or follow-up questions. Interviews are only conducted via e-mail. Failing that, the journalist receives an e-mail where it reads: “NO INTERVIEW FOR YOU! NEXT!”
I’m not sure, but I think this guy might need a chill pill.
3. Hey, look, there’s a USPS maibox dressed up like R2D2!
I noticed this on the Pitt campus and snapped the photo because I thought some of you might be all, “Hey, look! There’s a USPS mailbox dressed up like R2D2!” and then make elaborate plans to steal it. Don’t waste your time. It’s gone now and replaced with a regular box.
4. Mike Tomlin said:
Your ability to deal with the unforeseen and your ability to deal with adversity defines you. Sometimes you create it. Sometimes the elements create it. Sometimes your opponent creates it. How it’s created is irrelevant, it’s how you deal with it.
and re: Sean Taylor’s death:
I know we lifted him up in prayer last night after the game as a football team.
The man finds a cool way to say everything, doesn’t he?
5. USA Today blames the NFL for the field conditions and then goes ahead and manages to drop the word confluence on us.
6. Two Craigslist goodies:
- If you’d like to be some large and tattooed guy’s “longer term secondary relationship” filled with kink, here’s your man.
- Here’s the thing with this guy, he’s obviously a cheesy, hopelessly romantic biker dad who watches too many chick flicks, but that said, I absolutely adore this final thought (edited for grammar by me) in his huge list of “The Way it Should Be.”
When she runs up at you crying, the first thing you say is, “Whose ass am I kicking, babe?”
Aw. He needs to give this lady from Butler a call.