David Johnson is cool. Who knew?

An email from David Johnson at WPXI:

Hey PittGirl – enjoy your blog.

Thought you’d like to know I saw David Conrad at my gym yesterday.

As George Costanza of Seinfeld would say, “I say this with a staunch, unblemished record of heterosexuality…” he looked pretty good.

You and my wife immediately came to mind, in that you both like his “work,” if you will.

Go Steelers and Go Gators (my alma mater).

David Johnson

So, does anyone know at what gym David Johnson works out?

So I can stalk David Johnson and ONLY David Johnson and no other David that might be sweatily flexing his muscles there.

1. Bram R
    December 3, 2007 1:44 pm

I remember starting to think David Johnson was cool during the Superbowl. They sent him to Detroit to do live on-the-street reporting, and he just looked and sounded so happy to be out of the studio it was just infectious. They should be sending him to Pittcairn and Afghanistan and the such.

2. GeeO
    December 3, 2007 3:26 pm

I’ve met David Johnson casually at functions around town, and he is genuinely a nice guy with a great sense of humor. He always remembers faces and names and takes a great interest in what’s going on around town. He has been here for over 20 years now, so he and his family have definitely planted roots.

3. Maggie T
    December 3, 2007 4:45 pm

I am pretty sure that David Johnson (and, thus, David Conrad) work out at Club One in Shadyside. If not there, then the Golf Club for sure.

4. yargs
    December 3, 2007 7:18 pm

David works out at Club One in Shadyside as do a few other locally known folks.

5. NotSoNice
    December 3, 2007 9:35 pm

I have a complaint about David Johnson – I am sure he is pretty nice but I really really hate the way he “shouts” the news at you. Ugh. I would watch him and Ms. Peggy if they would not “shout” it at you at 5 p.m. I have bounced around the stations at 5 and the others on 2+2 and 2+0 don’t do that. But I am sure he is a nice guy. How about his wife – Nancy Polinski on Channel 12+1 – she seems a little snobby. Is she? Hey, if David works out – he should show us on the 5 newscast – perhaps during a sweeps week.

6. jordan
    December 4, 2007 11:25 am

Oh, Polanski is snobby. Ken Rice FTW!

7. scottie
    December 4, 2007 9:25 pm

Ok, 1) Ken Rice’s eyebrows are scarier in person. 2) Sheldon Ingram is really nice. 3) Oh, and Marilyn Brooks is a pushy Beyotch.

8. Michael