1. I need a vacation. Christmas week cannot come soon enough for me to hop my flight to Texas to spend a week having my sister (Tina Fey) cook for me and shop with me.
2. As reader M wrote, “All over Pittsburgh, people will be adding “elbow gloves” to our Christmas lists.”
Boys, Sonni Abatta and The Cleavage and The Hips and The Bare Back and The Come Hither Eyes.
1:04 is when it’s going to hurt.
(h/t also to Bill and Dan and Fender who called the video “a lap dance for your eyeballs.” HAH!)
3. An email from Emily at the City Paper re: their Best of Pittsburgh issue coming out next week:
Can’t tell you exactly what place yet, but you placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in our blog category.
Wow! Too bad I can’t go to the winner’s celebration at Diesel. Curse this anonymity. Of course it’s probably for the better, because if I don’t take first place, I might pull a Kathy Griffin and be all, “SUCK IT, PITTSBURGH!!”
If you voted for me, you’re really too kind. If I had known about it, I would have voted and instructed you to vote for Wendy Bell’s Blog (posthumously).
Carbolic Smoke Ball Blog should win it if just for this article alone.
4. Lose your glove? Here you go! Smart little chickie she is. And she’s getting international exposure for this idea. I’d like to own these gloves. Perfect for snowball-making. Also, have you ever seen a pigeon get hit by a snow ball? OMG AWESOME! They hate that shit. (h/t Barb)
5. According to this site, I’m a C-List blogger. Yeah, that sounds about right. (h/t Jordan)
6. From the AP article entitled “Pittsburgh Has a New Attitude“:
PITTSBURGH – Note to Pittsburghers: Take what you think you know about the Steel City, wad it up into a little black-and-gold ball and throw it away.
That’s what the organizers of Pittsburgh’s 250th birthday celebration are hoping that people from here – and around the country – will do next year.
What the hell? Yes, those of us that live here have no idea that our city is no longer a soot-filled cancerous hell hole.