Random n@.

1. I need a vacation. Christmas week cannot come soon enough for me to hop my flight to Texas to spend a week having my sister (Tina Fey) cook for me and shop with me.

2. As reader M wrote, “All over Pittsburgh, people will be adding “elbow gloves” to our Christmas lists.”

Boys, Sonni Abatta and The Cleavage and The Hips and The Bare Back and The Come Hither Eyes.

1:04 is when it’s going to hurt.

(h/t also to Bill and Dan and Fender who called the video “a lap dance for your eyeballs.” HAH!)

3. An email from Emily at the City Paper re: their Best of Pittsburgh issue coming out next week:

Can’t tell you exactly what place yet, but you placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in our blog category.

Wow! Too bad I can’t go to the winner’s celebration at Diesel. Curse this anonymity. Of course it’s probably for the better, because if I don’t take first place, I might pull a Kathy Griffin and be all, “SUCK IT, PITTSBURGH!!”

If you voted for me, you’re really too kind. If I had known about it, I would have voted and instructed you to vote for Wendy Bell’s Blog (posthumously).

Carbolic Smoke Ball Blog should win it if just for this article alone.

4. Lose your glove? Here you go! Smart little chickie she is. And she’s getting international exposure for this idea. I’d like to own these gloves. Perfect for snowball-making. Also, have you ever seen a pigeon get hit by a snow ball? OMG AWESOME! They hate that shit. (h/t Barb)

5. According to this site, I’m a C-List blogger. Yeah, that sounds about right. (h/t Jordan)

6.  From the AP article entitled “Pittsburgh Has a New Attitude“:

PITTSBURGH – Note to Pittsburghers: Take what you think you know about the Steel City, wad it up into a little black-and-gold ball and throw it away.

That’s what the organizers of Pittsburgh’s 250th birthday celebration are hoping that people from here – and around the country – will do next year.

What the hell?  Yes, those of us that live here have no idea that our city is no longer a soot-filled cancerous hell hole.

God.

1. spoon
    December 3, 2007 9:51 pm

There’s a guy in a suit and green tie towards the end that looks like he has a wad of singles in hand and is ready for a smoke.

2. Uncle Crappy
    December 3, 2007 10:57 pm

Sonni Abatta skljg lsakfj aeklfjitz…

Yikes.

3. Good night...
    December 3, 2007 11:20 pm

Aaaaah, I can sleep well now… :D

4. Woy
    December 3, 2007 11:55 pm

I think Willie Parker would look better with Sonni’s elbow gloves.

5. J
    December 4, 2007 12:18 am

I’m a D-list blogger. Yeah!

It’s not easy pursuing an MBA and doing 20 million things, really. At least I try.

I guess I can ultimately be Kathy Griffin. Yes.

6. Bram R
    December 4, 2007 8:38 am

I love how immediately after the dance, the video cuts abruptly to Sonni (in a red outfit) talking about some fire and an arsonist on the loose. That is how the news should go. Isn’t that how they do it on Telemundo?

7. Bulldog
    December 4, 2007 9:23 am

Too bad for judicious editing. I was happily there at the event and immediately before the video starts rolling, Sonni’s partner came running up from behind her and when he reached around to take hold of her, his right hand mistakenly (maybe not) landed about 5 inches higher than where it is on the video and he was standing there with a handful of oooops. It’s too bad that cut that part out because the look on Sonni’s face was priceless. The entire room was silent for about 3 seconds, I think because everyone was trying very hard to suppress a gasp or giggle.

She and all the celebs did a great job and as they say, a good time was had by all.

8. joey
    December 4, 2007 10:10 am

Anyone remember when talking heads were just that?

I wonder if they put clauses in their contracts now: during sweeps, you must … learn to pole dance…learn to belly dance…learn to samba…

not that I mind

9. Bulldog
    December 4, 2007 10:35 am

Well in all fairness to Sonni, that event had absolutely nothing to do with KDKA and sweeps, other than the fact that she is also seen daily on KDKA thereby making her a celebrity that people want to see in an event like this. Sure KDKA showed footage of her competing along with Keith Jones and WTAE did the same for thier folks who participated, but this wasn’t a cheesy attempt to pander to the audience for ratings.

The whole thing was a charity fundraiser for Shildren’s Hospital & Juvenile Diabetes, and by all accounts it was hugely successful, AND entertaining.

10. TBM
    December 4, 2007 10:38 am

#2 Props to Sonni for giving it a go but the beginning of that dance when he’s spinning her around looks more like she’s fending off a molester. Re: Bulldog’s comment I guess she was.

#6 FINALLY. Where does Monday night football find those old clips of molten steel pouring out of the ladle all the time…

11. DW
    December 4, 2007 11:15 am

Thanks for the warm-up today…that Sonni is sweet.

Def. a better choice than Ms. Fabrizi was for the most eligible list in Pgh.

12. Larry
    December 4, 2007 11:37 am

I’m with TBM — at the beginning of the dance, it looks like he’s using her as a human shield, in case anyone should open fire at them.

Looks 10, Dance 3. (Of course, if she had been shaking her girls in the direction of the camera, and not away from it…)

13. joey
    December 4, 2007 12:01 pm

Bulldog…this comment is contradictory: “Sure KDKA showed footage of her competing along with Keith Jones and WTAE did the same for thier folks who participated, but this wasn’t a cheesy attempt to pander to the audience for ratings.” LOL…yeah, must have been “news”

14. Bulldog
    December 4, 2007 1:19 pm

Alright joey, point taken. Allow me to rephrase the comments.

The EVENT wasn’t a cheesy attempt to pander nor were the efforts of the participants. Showing the clips of their performances may be considered by some to be pandering, but it’s not like either station “staged” this event themselves or just sent the participants out there to get some quick exposure for their stations. The participants were all invited and they’ve been rehersing and learning their dances for many, many months. All in the name of supporting a worthwhile charitable endeavor.

December 4, 2007 4:51 pm

sonni? samba dancing?

that’s hot.

December 4, 2007 10:00 pm

2. Who knew she had gams too? hummmna-hummmna.