Random n@.

1. Two Random n@s in a row. Deal.

2. Brrr. But, hey, I got to whip out my hat today, and I love wearing my hat.

3. Best reader email of the week:

Lynne wrote:
I just saw Jeff Reed’s PSA for the salvation army. I think it appropriate that
he would support a charity where people stand on a street corner asking for money…

HAH! She’s here all week. Try the veal.

4. The Godfather and his new T-shirt enterprise WearPittsburgh got some awesome news coverage today. We all love Mike and we all want good things for Mike.

Have you bought your PittGirl shirt yet? No?

Why don’t you love me? Aren’t I good enough for you? Don’t you want pigeons to get their wings ripped off in violent fashion?!

You now have 31 more days to get your pennies together and get your shirt before they go bye-bye.

As for me, I’m daily practicing my poker face for that first time I see someone on the street wearing my shirt so that I don’t give myself away by jumping on the person screaming, “You love me! YOU REALLY LOVE ME!!!!”

Unless it’s David Conrad, then I reserve the right to jump my imaginary self-united husband’s bones. Now THAT’S a euphemism.

5. USA Today gives Hines his due.

6. Jason Bay to the Indians? I wish I cared. Maybe after football is over.

7. Oh, for crying out loud. Are you kidding me? Coming to the Byham:

The friendly bus drive leaves us with one simple instruction: “Don’t let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!” However, Pigeon is very clever and whines, bribes, pleads and even sings a song to get his own way. Will YOU let him drive? Based on Mo Willems’ Caldecott Award-winning book, this production is full of fun, feathers, laughter, and excitement as well as original music and audience participation.

If you go, that hot chick trying to pepper the pigeon with birdshot? Totally not me.

(h/t Mandy)

1. Mary
    December 4, 2007 10:42 am

6. J-Bay can be traded but they’d better hang on to Sanchez because I just bought my nine-year-old Sanchez’s jersey for Christmas — the pretty red one.

2. Uncle Crappy
    December 4, 2007 11:11 am

UPS just told me my PittGirl shirt — along with three others — is sitting on my front porch. I plan on wearing it every time I go downtown, just so I can watch the pigeons cower in fear.

3. Sooska
    December 4, 2007 11:39 am

PG if you reveal too much about your winter outerwear people will start looking for you, snapping cell phone pics of innocent bystanders wearing Steeler hats while hunting pigeons, etc. Your anonymity is threatened!

4. pittgirl
    December 4, 2007 11:51 am

Sooska,

Fret not. I was joking about the hat. I mean, I do own it, but I sure don’t ever wear it. My winter head gear is much less conspicuous. :D Thanks for looking out for me though.

PittGirl

5. spoon
    December 4, 2007 12:15 pm

Congrats Woyboy! I plan on a couple of shirts as xmas presents this year.

I can’t wait to see the first pittgirl shirt on the street. I just hope it’s not the Spaghetti Strap Tank on a homeless guy.

6. Scottie
    December 4, 2007 12:51 pm

Ok, You rock! I saw the link to you in the PG today (who says they don’t have some decent content…occassionally) and have been checking out the blog.

I love anonymous people in the ‘burgh. I just hope that you aren’t the evil one on the express bus who thinks that a large purse justifies the need for 2 seats and therefore has had her stuff “accidentally” sat on a few times by yours truly. ;-)

Keep up the good bloggin’!

to spoon: especially if the homeless guy is Sombrero Dude in Oakland…::shudder::

7. Dan
    December 4, 2007 3:23 pm

PG…what would happen if Troysus wore your shirt or if David Conrad wore it in an episode of the Ghost Whisperer?

That would be double kick-ass

8. Dan
    December 4, 2007 3:24 pm

ok..maybe not the spaghetti strap one…nevermind the afternoon Starbucks hasnt kicked in

December 4, 2007 4:45 pm

I hear that you hate pigeons, PG….

but, think about this: if we can train enough pigeons to drive the port authority buses, might we be able to save the port authority?

c’mon, city council — “move forward” on that idea. stat.

as for jbay — his trade value is too low after a sucky/injured ’07. he’ll suffer with the succos for at least one more year to see if he can get back to usual jbay play.

10. JamieO
    December 4, 2007 5:52 pm

Wow….how in the hell did I miss this blog? Lived in Pittsburgh until late 2002, got a job up in Happy Valley way, now work for Penn State and live in a tiny town near State College called Port Matilda. Yeah, that’s right, the ugly one you drive through on the way to Penn State games, but really, it’s not that ugly or redneck-ish once you get to know it. Honest.

Anyway, the wife and I miss the Burgh a great deal and were forced to get our dose of Burgh-ness via visits, DVD’s of Rick Sebak documentaries, and my co-worker Pat who still has his yinzer accent despite leaving Pittsburgh about 15-20 years ago. Now I have this great blog.

Your writing style is outstanding, it’s very funny, and you have my same feelings toward the Steel, er, Healthcare, Technology, and Education City.

11. SysCruncher
    December 4, 2007 7:31 pm

I arrived home today from work to find my PittGirl shirt lodged in he door. I smiled as I knew a pigeon had payed its dues for my purchase.

12. Jen
    December 4, 2007 11:38 pm

Bought my Pittgirl shirt today… I am going to wear it downtown and go to the Starbucks you go to just to drive you crazy. I also bought the Pierogi shirt for a friend. Love the shirts really!!

13. J
    December 16, 2007 4:21 pm

7. As much as I hate pigeons, PG, I have to defend um …, you know, “the w.p.”

It’s an extremely popular play and was a big hit a few years ago at the Children’s Festival, which I imagine is one of the reasons why it was brought back.

So, uhhh, yeah please don’t hate us or throw me to a flock of pigeons.