Hey, I dare you to pinch her butt!

It’s December in Pittsburgh, which sits at 40 26′ North, 80 00′ West, which is nowhere near the equator.

So please tell me why KDKA is so absolutely over the top with their weather coverage just because it was cold this morning.

Case in point, KDKA’s top videos showing right now just from today’s news:

• Local people face frosty temperatures
  • Commuters dealing with slick roads, cold temperatures
  • Pittsburghers waking up to bone chilling cold
  • Bitter cold could make for another messy commute
  • Kids put on their warmest clothes to get to school

And that video has hottie Alison Morris saying:

You wouldn’t have believed the kids if you saw them this morning. We’re going to show you some video of them…

The only way they’re going to show me some video of elementary-aged kids that “I can’t believe” is if those little kiddies are walking to school without coats, flipping the camera off, or trying to pinch the ass of Alison Morris.

The video shows kids wearing coats walking to school. OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE IT.

And also,

• Pittsburghers advised to bundle up today

I’m so glad I have the local media to advise me when to bundle up because it’s not like I have a brain in my head that says, “Brr. Cold. = Coat. Scarf. Hat. And maybe dead frozen pigeons.”

Speaking of pigeons, today on the street I saw a guy accidentally kick a pigeon (it was probably frozen to a sidewalk grate or something) and he put his hands up like the ref was going to throw the penalty flag and he was all “Yo, my bad.  My bad.” and the pigeon was all, “Interference!  Interference!”

WTF?  You kicked a pigeon WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!  It’s your lucky day.  I’d play the lottery today if I were you.  In honor of the Patriots and pigeons everywhere, can I suggest the numbers 666?

1. prez1911
    December 6, 2007 8:37 pm

hey pittgirl,
    don’t forget the same station told us it gets hot here in july, and showed us david highfield jumping into a pool and polluting the water.

2. Trish
    December 6, 2007 8:45 pm

Speaking of pigeons, today on the street I saw a guy accidentally kick a pigeon (it was probably frozen to a sidewalk grate or something) and he put his hands up like the ref was going to throw the penalty flag and he was all “Yo, my bad. My bad.” and the pigeon was all, “Interference! Interference!”

You now owe me a new keyboard.

3. PittCheMBA
    December 6, 2007 10:11 pm

They must have run out of Sonni Samba videos. I am surprised KDKA does not create mass panic with mention of the word SNOW. Everyone will be flocking like pigeons to the Giant Eagle.

4. danopsu
    December 7, 2007 11:51 am

good God….its winter in Pittsburgh…oh yeah and by the way…not only will we see snow now and rain +
    60 degrees by Christmas…but we will not see the sun for 4 months….deal

Now I have to get back of the looping video of Sonni’s Samba and Kelly Frey’s pole dancing/belly dancing

5. Arika
    December 7, 2007 11:57 am

I think I just peed a little reading about the little rats. That made my day.

Where’s my gun? I’d have a field day here—

December 7, 2007 2:03 pm

They have an hour and a half to fill, and what’s more convenient than the weather? Just step outside and shoot. If they didn’t fill the time with weather they’d have to find actual news, and that’s not quite so easy.

December 7, 2007 5:32 pm

anyone see highfield on the 11pm last night with his radio shack thermometer that he aimed at various objects, such as a light pole, to see what temperature it was?

now, THAT was some fun tv.

8. AGC_VOR
    December 19, 2007 9:16 am

Those coordinates will put you in the Mon between smithfield and Liberty Bridges….