Random n@

DOWNTIME AGAIN?!?!  I am so sorry.  Woy is working with the site host to figure out what the hell is going on.  Thanks for being patient with it.

1.  Two snowy days in a row here in the Burgh.  I’m sure any minute now KDKA will let us know that the world is ending.

2.  You guys ever check out the PG’s caption contest?  This week’s (shamelessly lifted from the site):

I imagine the PG got at least 600 entries along the lines of “The Pirates won the 2008 World Series…”

3.  Who said it?

“I’m more like the elf.”

• Yarone Zober trying to explain the org chart to Lukey (Santa).
  • Lukey trying to explain the new org chart to Yarone Zober in which Santa = UPMC
  • A doting dad, about his adoptive daughter’s absolutely awesome attempt to make life better for foster children.  This girl just made my day.

4.  To that kind thirty-ish gentleman that offered a hand to help me step off the slushy curb the other day because I rushed out the door forgetting to bring my snow boots and was left to gingerly step around ice while wearing my high-heeled do-me boots.  Rock on with your bad chivalrous self!

5.   Another article about Anthony Smith’s stupid mouth.  The only person I want to hear guaranteeing a Steelers win is God, or maybe Troysus.

My God, we better win this game or I am going to be EXTRA SPECIAL violent toward pigeons on Monday.

6.  Matt Lamanna on a new ABC News story (man, ABC News loves Matt Lamanna) looking hotter than he’s ever looked.  He needs to wear that shirt all the time. (h/t Sara)

7.   A song about Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat.  (h/t Jess)

1. Kat
    December 7, 2007 11:19 am

FYI:

Dinosaur Lecture Series
    Saturday, December 15, 2007
    1 p.m.

Dinosaurs in Their Time: An Introduction
    Dr. Matt Lamanna, Assistant Curator, Vertebrate Paleontology

Carnegie Museum of Natural History’s Assistant Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology and principal dinosaur researcher Dr. Matt Lamanna will provide an overview of Dinosaurs in Their Time, the museum’s spectacular new hall of Mesozoic life. Dr. Lamanna served as the lead scientific advisor for the exhibit. Free with museum admission.

2. Burghthing
    December 7, 2007 11:42 am

Am I the only one that got tingly when PG said “high heeled do-me boots”?

3. jeeperz
    December 7, 2007 11:53 am

I read it several times and was afraid to stand up at my desk afterwards

4. DW
    December 7, 2007 1:45 pm

It was a rather exciting phrase I must admit…

5. PittGirlRocks
    December 7, 2007 2:16 pm

I really might have a spontaneous O if Brady gets knocked out of the game on Sunday.

It’s also nice to know there are still gentlemen in the world. High-heeled do-me boots are on my Santa list!

6. John Allison
    December 7, 2007 4:25 pm

Re Caption Contest: I can disclose that we have 10 entries mentioing the Pirates. Look for the full results in the Pgh Post-Gazette on Dec. 16

7. Gunn Lino
    December 7, 2007 7:30 pm

Maddi, God bless her beautiful big heart, must be full of love and faith, has good parents and a great future. Her flaw ( however minor ) is wanting Jeff Reeds jersey for Christmas.
    Can we still say God and Christmas on the internetwebs?

8. Mia`
    December 8, 2007 1:10 am

I sooo want to send that little girl her Steeler’s jersey…hopefully one of our wonderful players saw the story and gets her an autographed one!

December 10, 2007 12:45 am

7. Hah. I can do better.

“A Poem,” by bucdaddy:

Sonni Abata?
    PittGirl’s hotta.

The end.

Thank you, thank you very much.

10. Lisa
    February 6, 2008 10:31 pm

Love that you can keep me up to date with Matt Lamanna news! Can we share him as a future husband?