So many things I’ve been wanting to post about the Steelers and I just haven’t found the time. Time: found.
1. Sports Illustrated has compiled their “All-Bust Team” AKA “All-Disappointment Team” and Troysus is going to be playing safety for that team, unfortunately.
Safety: Troy Polamalu, Steelers
Polamalu is battling a knee injury and he’s only been healthy enough to play in nine of the Steelers’ 13 games this season. But the truth is, for a guy who is rightfully considered the game’s best safety by many, he hasn’t been impactful when he was active. In those nine games Polamalu has no sacks, no interceptions, seven passes defensed, two forced fumbles, one recovered fumble, and 42 tackles. Those aren’t the all-star numbers we’ve come to expect from him.
My reaction as a Troysus devotee and a Steelers fan should probably be two parts indignation, five parts ear-burning anger, and one part I WILL CUT YOU!
But honestly, my reaction is more one giant ball of “yeah, he’s disappointed me, too.”
And it sucks that I feel that way. However, I should say that Troysus has disappointed me up until now. He’s still got the remainder of the season to show us the magic.
Let’s all raise a glass to the second coming of Troysus.
(h/t Still A Fan and Parking Chair)
2. Says Sports Central in their prediction that the Steelers will beat Jacksonville this weekend:
What’s of even more concern is the status of safety Troy Polamalu. Will he play? Or will he continue his quest to look like Rip Van Winkle? I’ve heard of playoff beards, but injured list beards? Come on, Troy. Get out there. There’s balding men that need to be reminded of their inadequacies.”
And there are a legion of women that would like to be reminded of why we fell in love with you … hair and game-making plays.
(h/t NY Luvs Pitts)
3. If Troysus does play on Sunday (I’m guessing … not.) he’d be playing against his uncle, the running backs coach for the Jaguars.
4. The Steelers helped some kids shop for winter clothes. Hey, look! My imaginary self-united husband Daniel Sepulveda is wearing glasses!
5. Here’s Steely “Giantest Vacuum of Suck EVER!” McBeam at the Steelers Brunch with Santa, looking like he’s thinking about eating that kid’s soul.
Any second now, that kid, thinking he’s bedazzling his cookie all by himself, is going to look up and have the biggest freak-out of his life.
And then Steely will eat his soul. The end.
6. I’d just like to point out this old picture of Benny because WHO THE HELL IS THAT? Oh, that’s a picture of Benny before he was drafted to the Steelers, before he tried to stop Martha’s car with his face, and before his enthronement as The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross.
Not bad at all.