- December 14, 2007
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, Downtown happenings, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Pirates
1. Downtime again. Sorry. We are working on it and by we, I mean Woy is working on it and I’m cracking the whip. Whisssh-ah!
2. Are you all aware that Starbucks has sugar-free Gingerbread lattes now? Finally a guilt-free seasonal venti latte! Last night, I did a Starbucks run and grabbed a latte for my mother as well. When the barista said, “That’ll be $9.20,” I cheerfully handed over my debit card and as I walked away with my two cups of delicious steaming hot crack, I realized that if you tried to sell me an ENTIRE CANISTER of Folgers Ground Coffee for anything more than six dollars I would laugh in your face and maybe even call you a name, but two cups of Starbucks and I’m all, “Here’s a twenty. Keep the change. God bless you.”
3. This dude from the North Hills is looking for a man or a woman to hug him. I’m totally not making that up. Also, those eyes of his kind of waver between poor wittle puppy dog eyes and psycho gonna eat your innards with his morning coffee eyes. (h/t Robert)
4. The Penguins cookbook is coming out. Check out Sidney Crosby’s mother’s recipe for meatballs. First of all, it sounds delicious. Second of all, grape jelly and Heinz Chili sauce? GRAPE JELLY AND HEINZ CHILI SAUCE!? I wouldn’t eat that unless you put it in a Starbucks cup and asked me to pay five dollars for it. “Here’s a twenty. Keep the change. God bless you.” (h/t M)
5. Here’s a CraigsList post I think Benny’s minions will just love (no pictures or anything, but kind of not safe for work). (h/t Rick)
6. Woy put up a new shirt at WearPittsburgh. Yinz/Yang. Check it out. Also, PittGirl Says Drink men’s long-sleeved shirts coming soon. And if you order by today, FREE GROUND SHIPPING.
7. Lukey will be guest appearing in The Nutcracker along with his hot wife Erin in the 12:00 December 23rd performance at The Benedum. Kelly “Bow-Chicka-Bow” Frey will do so on December 22. Hey, she is aware that there isn’t any pole dancing in The Nutcracker isn’t she?! (h/t M)
8. So I asked my mother the other day if I ever had a new outfit for Kennywood when us kids were growing up, and she was all, “Heck yes! It was a VERY BIG DEAL, PittGirl. What the hell’s wrong with you?” Clearly you can see where I get some of my capital letters.
9. None of the current Pirates have been named in the Mitchell Report on steroids abuse in the MLB. Um, no shit. If our Pirates have been taking steroids playing the way they do, I’d ask for my drug money back.