1. I distinctly remember my high school Spanish teacher once telling the class that there just weren’t enough hours in the day for her and that she would kill for more time, even just 30 extra minutes a day.
I remember that because I was all, “Pshh. Whatever. There’s plenty of time in the day to watch 90210, play Pitfall, do my stupid homework, clean out my Trapper Keeper, listen to some Taylor Dayne, and maybe catch Point Break or Ghost at the movies tonight. Pshh. Estas loca!”
Holy crap. I’m 33 now and there’s just not enough hours in the day and I would kill for more time, even just 30 extra minutes a day. There are presents to buy, presents to wrap, a suitcase to pack, pigeons to be killed, emails to be returned, three days of newspapers to be read, hair to be cut, eyeglasses to be ordered, and a new restaurant to be tried. Oy.
P.S. I ruled at Pitfall. You’d have been owned. And if pwned had been a word back in 1991, you’d have been THAT, too.
2. Benny was voted to the Pro Bowl this year along with Troysus (really?!), James Harrison, Alan Faneca, and Willie Parker.
You know what? I’m happy for The Duke. It has not been his best year, but when Benny is good, he’s stellar and I’m thrilled he’ll be there representing the Burgh.
“From the time you’re a kid, it’s always a goal to win a Super Bowl, get to a Pro Bowl, all that stuff,” Roethlisberger said. “I’m not going to lie, it is a great honor. But a lot is to attributable to the rest of my offensive guys, my team.”
That was a great thing to say and just enough to make me love him. But just for today. I’ll probably hate him tomorrow.
Mike Tomlin said regarding James Harrison making Pro Bowl after being an undrafted rookie at one point in time, making the roster three years later:
“That’s football justice right there,” coach Mike Tomlin said after learning Harrison will start in the Pro Bowl.
Football justice. LOVE IT!
3. Reader Andrea R emailed me and made me laugh:
Bought the shirt. Seriously – and I’m going to wear it around here in Chambersburg to see who recognizes it by raising their right hand and saying “hail Troysus!”and then kicking a pigeon. I have a request though: can the pigeon whose head gets ripped off because I bought a shirt (no advanced warning of the hoodie coming thankyouverymuch or I would have bought that instead) be saved and let to rot, stored carefully for this reason: in the 2008 Pirates season I want Matt Capps to nail fatass Prince Fielder with it instead of a baseball the next time those nasty Brewers come to PNC. And then Ryan Doumit can take Fielder outside and finish him off. That would be hot.
The Burgh Blog readers are the wittiest bunch of hotties ever.
4. Carnegie Mellon University was named the fifth ugliest college campus by this dumbass.
I haven’t actually been to Carnegie Mellon, just heard horrible things about it and Pittsburgh. So I decided to take a virtual tour of its residence hall. But what they didn’t realize is outside the window of a room you can see the god-awful brick red building that looks like something you’d see at Rikers. What else is new?
I haven’t actually seen this guy, but I just know he’s the ruler of the Kingdom of Fug and Gross.
5. Would some kind Burgher please inform this man that he might be gay? I just don’t think he’s done the math yet and that math is this: asexual toward women + okay with sex with women only for procreational purposes + sleeping in same bed with men = probably gay.
6. HAH! Awesome, awesome Burgher.
7. A new Sonic is opening! Go get your tots and a Diet Cherry Limeaid.