Random n@.

1. Lukey will be inaugurated today. I care about that about as much as I care about keeping my car clean. A little bit. It’s a sty right now. I might have a mouse. I don’t know.

2. Lukey is pissed:

“UPMC is upset right now, and I don’t blame them,” Mr. Ravenstahl said. UPMC’s commitment to the Promise amounts to $100 million over 10 years, subject to matching fund requirements, and the mayor said that “to be treated the way they were in City Council yesterday, it’s a shame. … I’ve been in discussions with UPMC, and needless to say, they’re not happy with the way their gift has been handled.”

I care about UPMC’s feelings less than I care about a pigeon’s feelings, and that is saying a lot.

3. An AP article on Cyril Wecht that nicely sums up what the hell is going on with the looney tunes.

Also, this line from a letter Cyril sent to a potential witness:

“What makes your Bavarian garden bloom so well? If you tell me the truth, I promise not to tell. Presumably, ample fertilizer is the underlying basis. Would using exterminated Jews be considered too racist?”

Holy crap, Cyril. Maybe you better shut the hell up now and let your defense do the work?

4. Speaking of “looney tunes,” did any of you girls watch Holiday in Handcuffs? Best Christmas chick flick ever? I loved that big ball of cheesy goodness, I did. God bless my Tivo for recording it. It knows me so well.

5. Steve Jobs will rescue your MacBook from Pittsburgh.

6.  Lukey, Benny, and Sally Wiggin all showed up at DVE’s Christmas show at Diesel (see photo 74).  Now here’s the question.  Did celeb-hungry Lukey show up because he’s stalking Benny or because he’s stalking Sally Wiggin?  We’ll never know will we? (h/t Spoon)

7.  PittGirl was given honorable mention by the dudes at The Darn News in the Top Ten Tarts of Pittsburgh in 2007.  Sonni is of course on the list, with a con of “won’t flash her viewers.”

Yeah, what’s up with that, Sonni?  God.

7.  My self-united husband rocks on:

A highlight of the evening was provided by actor David Conrad, a native of Swissvale currently starring in television’s “Ghost Whisperer.”

Mr. Conrad helped unveil the painting during an intermission in the concert, and later performed a reading of “The Night Before Christmas.”

Now that sounds like a perfect bedtime story for him to read to me.

1. plexxer
    December 20, 2007 11:20 am

The only logical reply to that is:

I did not kill him near my home,
    I did not kill him with a stone.
    I did not do what you suspect!
    I would not, could not, Mr. Wecht!

2. Pingback: Celebrities » Random n@.

3. Toni
    December 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Sure Lukey’s pissed….I do believe UPMC picked up the tab on his golf outting … I believe that was the gate crashing with Tiger Woods incident.

4. Bram R
    December 20, 2007 3:04 pm

1. If any of you are wondering why some of us are such a bunch of angry Luke haters, listen to this:

If you can make it all the way through — there is Q & A, eventually — and still not see what’s up with him … well, I don’t see it happening. We’re in for an interesting couple of years.

5. Bulldog
    December 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Well of course ol’ Lukey’s pissed. He’s afraid that if the council and the rest of folks in the ‘Burgh don’t kiss UPMC’s butt that they won’t turn around and pay for him to golf with the stars in Mario’s celebrity charity golf tournament.

His whole attitude here makes me wonder whether he’s on UPMC’s payroll or the taxpayers’s?

Wouldn’t we all be up in arms if the council DID NOT do their due diligence regarding the stings that UPMC has placed upon thier highly generous contribution? SOMEBODY needs to be asking the questios that Lukey doesn’t seem to care about.

6. Zsa
    December 20, 2007 3:56 pm

#2: Lukey should probably buy stock in Blistex, because if he plans to do what he’s doing to UPMC all through his term his lips are going to be awfully chapped.

#7: I clicked on one of the links, and I had no idea that’s what “2 Girls 1 Cup” was. I thought it was 2 girls trying to fit their boobs into the same bra.

7. cityworker
    December 20, 2007 4:10 pm

I am a guy and I watched Christmas in Handcuffs. With my wife of course. I give it a B- for a holiday movie. Not as good as the Christmas List or my favorite Christmas Do-over with Jay Mohr. But it was cheesy to be sure.

8. joey
    December 20, 2007 4:28 pm

Wasn’t nearly as good as Bad Santa….

Lukey is getting boring. He acts like a petulant child. But the wise voters of Pittsburgh annointed him…so they get what they wanted.

And if UPMC doesn’t like it, they can pick up and leave…oh, wait, kinda hard to move a university and hospitals isn’t it…..lukey, this ain’t the mills you’re dealing with, son, buck up and remember who you are supposed to represent.

9. curtO
    December 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Those DVE pictures are lousy. Was that taken with an outdoor only-Kodak disposable camera by someone with the shakes.

10. Shibori
    December 20, 2007 7:00 pm

Dear Luke and UPMC:

You keep using the word “gift”. I do not think it means what you think it means. That dictionary thingy in the corner of your office holding up your Wii says a “gift” is “something voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation.” I think the phrase you’re looking for is “quid pro quo”. I know it sounds all latin-y and weird, but it just means “something given or received for something else.” UPMC didn’t give anyone a gift.

11. BBM
    December 21, 2007 9:59 am

UPMC can go suck hairy donkey balls if they want some sort of reward for their “gift.”

12. URCORRECT
    January 15, 2008 8:41 pm

STOP BEING SOOOOO FING JEALOUS! LONG LIVE MAYOR RAVENSTAHL!

13. Pingback: Vicodin.