- December 20, 2007
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, Celebrity sightings, David Conrad, Downtown happenings, Famous Burghers, Hot Burghers, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Sonni Abatta, Steelers
1. Lukey will be inaugurated today. I care about that about as much as I care about keeping my car clean. A little bit. It’s a sty right now. I might have a mouse. I don’t know.
2. Lukey is pissed:
“UPMC is upset right now, and I don’t blame them,” Mr. Ravenstahl said. UPMC’s commitment to the Promise amounts to $100 million over 10 years, subject to matching fund requirements, and the mayor said that “to be treated the way they were in City Council yesterday, it’s a shame. … I’ve been in discussions with UPMC, and needless to say, they’re not happy with the way their gift has been handled.”
I care about UPMC’s feelings less than I care about a pigeon’s feelings, and that is saying a lot.
3. An AP article on Cyril Wecht that nicely sums up what the hell is going on with the looney tunes.
Also, this line from a letter Cyril sent to a potential witness:
“What makes your Bavarian garden bloom so well? If you tell me the truth, I promise not to tell. Presumably, ample fertilizer is the underlying basis. Would using exterminated Jews be considered too racist?”
Holy crap, Cyril. Maybe you better shut the hell up now and let your defense do the work?
4. Speaking of “looney tunes,” did any of you girls watch Holiday in Handcuffs? Best Christmas chick flick ever? I loved that big ball of cheesy goodness, I did. God bless my Tivo for recording it. It knows me so well.
5. Steve Jobs will rescue your MacBook from Pittsburgh.
6. Lukey, Benny, and Sally Wiggin all showed up at DVE’s Christmas show at Diesel (see photo 74). Now here’s the question. Did celeb-hungry Lukey show up because he’s stalking Benny or because he’s stalking Sally Wiggin? We’ll never know will we? (h/t Spoon)
7. PittGirl was given honorable mention by the dudes at The Darn News in the Top Ten Tarts of Pittsburgh in 2007. Sonni is of course on the list, with a con of “won’t flash her viewers.”
Yeah, what’s up with that, Sonni? God.
7. My self-united husband rocks on:
A highlight of the evening was provided by actor David Conrad, a native of Swissvale currently starring in television’s “Ghost Whisperer.”
Mr. Conrad helped unveil the painting during an intermission in the concert, and later performed a reading of “The Night Before Christmas.”
Now that sounds like a perfect bedtime story for him to read to me.