1. Happy New Year and welcome back on this frigid, snowy snowy morning!
My Christmas included all of the following:
- My first Wii injury acquired when I got my ass beat at Wii Tennis by my brother-in-law. Swinging and swinging with absolutely no resistance on your imaginary racket will eventually have your shoulder tendons be all, “Hey! Whoa! This is my stop, yo.”
- Airport hell in Atlanta, both ways.
- So much food that I’m pretty sure I gained about seven pounds.
- Three of those seven pounds were surely gained on Sonic runs.
- Three trips for coffee at Yahooz. This place rocks. The people that work in those little shacks are quite the characters. I’m pretty sure we were waited on by an elf on crack during one stop. I wonder if we can get them to open one in Pittsburgh with a hard hat on top.
2. I honestly didn’t watch much of the Steelers game on Sunday. I caught bits of it here and there as I unpacked and cleaned the place up from the chaos of coming home from the airport and just throwing luggage where there was space to throw luggage. I think I injured my dog. He’ll live. I’ll know more once I find him.
3. The Geico caveman is apparently from the Burgh and he’s looking for someone with whom to send his motor home a-rockin’ and a woman who is willing to effort because he loves a woman that knows all about “efforting”.
Is it just me, or does that last picture kind of look like what might be the last thing a woman sees right before he disembowels her? Oh, screw it. ANY Of those pictures might be the last thing she sees.
4. Two more days to get your PittGirl Says Drink shirt.
5. The way my family and I carried on when Sidney Crosby flicked that puck between the goalie’s legs in the shootout to end yesterday’s Winter Classic in Buffalo, you’d have thought the Pens won the Cup.
Also, someone might want to tell Mario Lemieux that I’m pretty sure he’s wearing a girl’s hat.
Check out the Trib’s photo gallery of the event.
If only they included a picture of a rifle-wielding PittGirl about to shoot a pigeon in the head at point blank range, or at the very least, ripping its wings off. Ahh. That just warmed me up all nice and toasty.
Death to pigeons.
(h/t to everybody that emailed me about it)