1. I will not complain about the cold. I will not complain about the cold. I will not complain about the frickin’ witch’s tit-freezing cold.
2. You have until midnight to get your limited edition PittGirl Says Drink shirt. Then they’re gone forever and ever amen. Also, Woy says if you bought a shirt and it doesn’t fit, you can exchange it. Apparently some of the big-breasted girls (Boys? Boys?!? Snap out of it!) are having trouble with the fit on some of them. Use this contact form.
3. The Onorato Tax of 10 percent on poured drinks (which really mean every single alcoholic drink whether it is poured or not) is now being levied. Some restaurants, such as Mad Mex, actually print the tax right on your receipt so that you can see how much more you were charged thanks to Danny O. And they call it The Onorato Tax. I know other restaurants are planning to do it as well. That is awesome. (h/t Kelly Top)
4. Try your hand at pigeon killing so that when I’m mayor and I institute Pigeon-Shooting Lunch Hours, you’ll be all practiced up. I killed them all in 11.06 seconds. Also, try not to cackle too loudly as you watch the pink corpses fall to the ground. You don’t want your boss hearing that coming from your office.
Unless you’re a lawyer, then your boss totally wants to hear evil cackling coming from your office.
Try the veal. I’m here all week.
5. Best way to pick up girls? Treat them like pigeons! Hilarious (h/t Mike in Baltimore)
6. Two Canadians tried to bring pigeons to the US from Canada.
Inspectors found the pigeons wrapped and taped from neck to tail in pockets of the pair’s coats after they asked the men from Uxbridge, Ontario, to remove their jackets.
At first I was all pissed at these men for bringing MORE pigeons into the country. Like we need more. But then I read the part about wrapping pigeons and taping them from the neck down and I got a genius pigeon-torture idea and forgot all about my anger.
My experiment, by the way, has confirmed that wrapping and taping a pigeon from the beak to the tail pisses them off to no end.
7. Dom over at ineedtwo.com wrote:
Just wanted to thank you and your readers for the business this year. Many of them attended games at a very reasonable price.
This week is no different.
Tickets start at $74. (They’ll be cheaper on Thursday.) Not bad considering face value for Steelers playoff tickets is between $90-$115 each.
Today is Thursday, so go check it out if you’re wanting to see the game in person. There’s a few pairs available for less than $60 each (at this writing).
Tell him PittGirl sent you and that she’s watching the game from the warmth of her mother’s house.
8. Reader Zach wrote:
I am guessing you watched the winter classic… how sweet was the Sid the Kid shootout?
I was wondering if you watched any of the pregame? They sang the Canada anthem … and then when it was time to sing the Star Spangled Banner they sang God Bless America. NOT our national anthem (as good as it may be). I was just wondering if you had thoughts on that.
Anyone that was there that can confirm that? Because, yeah, that IS odd.
9. Have you visited lukeravenstahl.com lately?