Random n@.

1. 64? 64 degrees in January in Pittsburgh? This is either the weather gods’ way of thanking me for not complaining about the witch’s tit-freezing cold, or it is, you know, Armageddon.

2. I knew John DeFazio wore some pimped-out glasses, I just didn’t realize HOW pimped out they were.

3. I’m not writing about the Steelers game until later today, partly because my deep breathing and chanting “serenityserenityserenitynow” exercise keeps dissolving into angry mumbling and drunk-dialing Mike Tomlin all, “WTF?! W.T.F?!?!”

For now, though, here’s a good article:

Afterward, the teary Roethlisberger said he apologized to his teammates for losing this playoff game. “I just wanted them to know, for everybody, not just the offense or defense, that no one should blame anybody or anything other than myself,” he said. “I take the heat for that. I dug us a hole. We got out of the hole a little bit, but it was too deep. I’m ashamed of the way I played today.”

4. Jim Furyk is probably sad, too.

5. Penguin Ryan Malone is a badass who likes to beat the shit out of people that drive drunk.

6. After your house fire is put out by the brave Pittsburgh firefighters, they will sit outside and wait for FOUR HOURS, just to be sure it doesn’t burst into flames again. Even though it almost never ever happens. They’ll sit there. For FOUR HOURS. Just waiting. For a spark.

Because the dumbasses in the City told them they have to.

Bring them some coffee or a blanket or something.

God.

7. Doug Shields was re-elected City Council president today. It’s better than Jim Motznik, right?

8. You know what you need right now to drown your Steelers blues away? Another drink, because I assume you’ve been drinking since Saturday night:

These things always happen at the last minute,” said Mr. Ravenstahl, sagely. “I became the council president myself at the last minute as the result of a compromise … I look forward to working with the president, and I think it’s important to have a good relationship in order to move the policy and agenda items forward that we need to.”

Thanks, Lukey, for keeping it to five words or less between the “move” and the “forward” showing us that you are very aware of the rules, particularly Rule #5.

You really do love us.

1. Pensgirl
    January 7, 2008 12:11 pm

It’s sad when supposed leaders (politically, societally, etc.) could learn a thing or two from an NFL quarterback.

2. Erin
    January 7, 2008 12:28 pm

#2) Oh dear. And I thought Thomas Sokolowski (Warhol museum guy) had some pimped-out glasses. He’s got nothing on this guy.

3. Puma
    January 7, 2008 12:37 pm

I think John DeFazio is just taunting the Eyetique people.

4. PittCheMBA
    January 7, 2008 12:59 pm

#5 – Phil Bourque, former Penguin, and current Penguins radio broadcaster, revealed that Ryan Malone took boxing lessons this past off season. The lessons are sure paying off. Plus, Malone is a born and raised Burgher, I think he a female fan favorite.

5. Stacey
    January 7, 2008 2:10 pm

Ha ha, speaking of the Mayor, Luke was at McFaddens before the Steelers game and I actually saw him chest bump another guy to say Hello. It was hilarious.

6. sean
    January 7, 2008 2:31 pm

pitt girl, you need to attack the issue of aramark “rounding up” to the next dollar for alcohol served at the stadiums! the 10% tax was bad enuff, but this is just sheer profiteering! you need to jump into the ring on this pitt girl…

January 7, 2008 3:13 pm

“nobody should blame anybody or anything other than myself”

This kind of thing strikes me as weird — aside from the grammatical complexity, I mean. I presume everybody in the stadium and the millions watching on TV knew this already. So how does it make you a leader if you stand up and tell people something they already know? “Blame me”? OK: “It’s your fault, Roethlisberger.” There. Now how is the world a better place?

I thought you were a leader if you said, “We win as a team and we lose as a team.”

Sorry for going off like this, I guess I just don’t understand the point of these mea culpas, or why we seem to need to hear them.

8. Stephanique1
    January 7, 2008 3:34 pm

John DeFazio, what are you thinking? Now that is just some serious sheer ridiculousness

9. JP
    January 7, 2008 4:00 pm

Those stunnaz clearly represent. No wonder Defazio is on the Maglev Board

10. Kathy
    January 7, 2008 4:02 pm

bucdaddy, I saw a lot of guys out there on the field making mistakes. Ben certainly wasn’t on the field for that punt return. And would somebody please protect him???? (Uh oh, PG, I almost sound like a minion.) I admire him taking some responsibility, but all of it? And I agree it does get old.

I am disappointed that they didn’t go far in the playoffs, but I didn’t expect it, either. The O-line, special teams, and even the defense recently just haven’t been playoff caliber.

I still love ’em and think they did make some improvements this year and had a great season considering last year and all of the leadership changes. I am looking forward to great things in the years to come (provided that they fix the things mentioned above).

11. MCR
    January 7, 2008 4:34 pm

Benny does have a tendency to take all the blame when things go wrong, but he’s still a great leader. He was also very classy at the end of the game, waiting for Garrard to finish his interview so he could congratulate him. Kudos to Ben.

12. Bram R
    January 7, 2008 4:49 pm

Way to go, Chaz Michael Michaels.

13. Gunn Lino
    January 7, 2008 10:05 pm

I sent the photo of DeFazio to a friend in San Francisco, he said his gaydar alarm went off so loudly his neighbors called asking why they were not invited to the party.