What they’re really thinking: lolcat edishun.

If you have never heard of an lolcat. Go here and here first.

There were several points during yesterday’s game that I was close to offering my womb for baby-growing.

Once to Ike Taylor, a few times to The Duke, and once to Mike Tomlin. The morning after, my womb was on lock-down and I ordered a panic room to be installed, just in case one of them approached its general vicinity.

Two days later, here on this warm Burgh day, I’m not so angry anymore.

Sure the Steelers had a collapse of epic proportions leading into the second half, and sure there were some very questionable calls by the refs, and some very questionable play calls by the coaches, but the Steelers as a team fought valiantly and yeah, going for those two-point conversions seems like a bad idea now, but hindsight … you know.

I’m not going to throw trash on Mike Tomlin’s lawn.

1. Benny. Wow. What a bad day to start throwing interceptions again. Did he bet against the Steelers or something?

When he threw the first interception, I was angry. When he threw the second, I was resigned to the fact that you can’t win at football if your quarterback is playing for the other team. After the third interception, I actually laughed out loud and maybe flipped the television off. Because I’m a classy lady, yo.

Benny has taken all of the blame for the loss, but really, he shoulders only part of the blame.

2. Granted Mike Tomlin couldn’t know what was to come, but when it became 4th and 12 during the two-point conversion attempt after that phantom holding call on Mahan, at least at that point, he should have kicked the extra point.

He definitely deserves some of the blame.

3. Brother-in-law of PittGirl said that that particular call against Mahan confirmed for him that the NFL wanted the Jags to win because the NFL believes that the Jags have the best chance of beating the Devil’s team because the NFL does not want the Patriots to go to the Super Bowl this year.

He’s been very cynical about the NFL ever since the tuck rule doomed his team.

4. The offensive line once again buckled under the pressure of the Jags defense, allowing Benny to be sacked or pressured on pretty much every throw. You know how other teams’ quarterbacks kind of hang in the pocket for a few seconds and the pocket stays clean? Why can’t Benny ever have that?

The offensive line deserves some of the blame.

5. THE SPECIAL TEAMS OF SUCKDOM DESERVE SHITLOADS OF BLAME.

Our inability to stop the return is a joke. An unfunny stupid never-ending knock-knock joke.

6. Hines Ward was stellar I thought, with his 135 yards. I just wished he would have quit the incessant jawing he was doing after every catch. Time was when the coach was against that shit.

I understand the players want to defend themselves, but it just looks so classless.

7. Speaking of Hines, he blames Benny, too. See:

But, as Hines Ward said, “You can’t have that many turnovers.”

“We definitely didn’t help ourselves with the turnovers,” Ward said.

“The interception — I think momentum went back to Jacksonville,” Ward said.

8.  Alan Faneca.  You will be missed.

9. Finally, there is a light — a small spark of hope flickering in the dark of loss: this being the end of the 75th year celebration, we can all hold on tight to the hope that Steely McBeam died along with our Super Bowl dreams.

Rite? RITE?!

1. MCR
    January 7, 2008 8:37 pm

After a long Monday of trying to defend my team’s honor, this update made me laugh out loud. =)

2. Pensgirl
    January 7, 2008 10:35 pm

The LOLcats are the perfect way to have captioned this.

I’m not all swept up in Bendom, but I really do give him a lot of credit for this. It doesn’t matter that the coaches and the rest of the players all contributed to the loss. What matters is that Ben is in a position of leadership on the team and that he’s willing to admit he effed up big-time. Yeah, realistically there are plenty of bucks to be passed around (and he’s certainly not bigger than the team) but I like that he’s taking the heat. Accepting all the blame when you don’t necessarily deserve it is part of what a leader’s job is, even when it’s just about a game.

3. Pingback: Joke of the day » What they’re really thinking: lolcat edishun.

4. Woy
    January 7, 2008 10:58 pm

One of your best WTRT recaps evah. Nice.

5. Bram R
    January 7, 2008 11:42 pm

I still think the best part was when Hines ate that dude’s soul in the endzone.

I can’t speak for Hines jawing. Using he gets up smiling and isn’t in-your-face. Didn’t notice any real in-your-face. Dudes got up in his face.

And as for beating up on Ben … man, dudes were asking him questions. Let’s hear it for hearing answers. Ben’s a big boy already and he’s only saying what everyone’s thinking.

All the Steelers need to do this off-season is construct four starting position players out of spare pig-iron, faeriedust and thin air. And fire the special teams coach.

6. Melissa
    January 8, 2008 12:06 am

Totally agree w/ the Steely McBeam…RIP McBeam!!!!

What bothers me the most is not so much the loss, but what some of the players said after the game. I very much disagree w/ the notion of it being a winning season since they made the playoffs. First of all, its one thing for the fans to think that and another for the players. Second, they didn’t win a playoff game.

7. Pinto Alegre
    January 8, 2008 1:02 am

Best post ever. Lolcats rewl.

8. Pinto Alegre
    January 8, 2008 1:03 am

Stoopid blog sophtware knot let mee post pixure:

PitGurl Iz King

9. Jonesin for Julie Gong
    January 8, 2008 8:33 am

man that lolcat is freakin annoying

Sign Faneca.

10. Virginia
    January 8, 2008 9:14 am

i haz many laffs over tis.

tks u.

otay bai now!

11. rusty rustbelt
    January 8, 2008 9:16 am

Did anyone notice the play calling on the first drive? Terrific.

So why did the offensive coordinator try something else for the rest of the first half? Worst play calling ever.

New offensive coordinator. Now!

12. back in the burgh
    January 8, 2008 9:20 am

Loved the post … thanks for putting a funny, positive spin on something that totally stinks.

As for the offensive line, obviously we need to sign Faneca and the team is being incredibly stubborn if they don’t. However, it’s possible that if Faneca really wants to stay, he may need to be a bit more flexible with his money terms.

And still on the o-line, I thought they actually did a pretty good job … Ben hangs onto the ball FOREVER on a lot of plays, and no line in the world is going to protect him that long. He tends to think is size and strength will keep him from getting sacked … and many time it does. But so does throwing the ball (preferably to someone wearing black and gold).

I love the Steelers and am bummed that it’s over. Go Pens!! :-)

13. lolo
    January 8, 2008 9:55 am

PittGirl for teh win!1!

I still haz much luv 4 teh Steelrz.

kthxbai.

14. BBM
    January 8, 2008 11:13 am

I’m not planning to throw trash on Tomlin’s yard either, but if he doesn’t learn from some of those numbskull-moron-made-me-yell-at-the-TV mistakes, next year there might be a bit of drama.

15. NY Luvs Pitts
    January 8, 2008 12:29 pm

I’m so upset I don’t kow how to respond to the lolcats. In fact I’m still throwing cups at my television.
    theburghblog.com/2007/12/17/what-theyre-really-thinking-the-black-screen-of-death-edition/

16. beth
    January 8, 2008 12:35 pm

you are HILARIOUS. I just discovered your blog while internet stalking David Conrad (we have so much in common! he WILL be mine! evil laugh)…in any event. I love Pgh too, have in the past proclaimed myself the ambassador to the ‘burgh, and have resisted pressure to leave my whole long life because…shit. I love this place. so keep on keepin’ on Pittgirl. You rock. And now you have one more devoted follower…

January 8, 2008 9:34 pm

go pens!!!

18. Dawn
    January 9, 2008 11:41 am

Best. Captions. Evar!!11!1!

“I can haz do-ovr?”

Hilarious!

Seriously, my sides hurt. Thanks for melting the frustration.

kthxbai