1. I didn’t wear a coat today. It is January. HOLLA!
2. Catherine Specter of Cat’s Call at the PG has a new smoky-eyed come hither head shot:
Also, from today’s column:
DEAR CAT: For eight months I dated a 37-year-old East Indian who was brilliant (have you ever heard of an unmarried 37-year-old East Indian?). He claimed to be attracted to white women and only white women. We had a highly sexual relationship with his saying very sweet things that indicated he was committed to us. I wanted to move our relationship out of the bedroom and into the real world, and he promised to do that. But he’d continually cancel our plans, and this pattern made me miss other opportunities as I sat and waited for him. He did this with every activity other than sleeping together. I would grin and take it because his job kept him “so busy.” I finally left him a voice-mail saying it was better to end it before I started to hate him more than I already did, and that when you treat people as badly as he treated me, that kind of karma comes back at you one day. Afterward I felt bad and called to apologize. He was sweet but the next morning I got a “farewell” e-mail where he explained that our affair wasn’t fair to me. I haven’t heard a word since then. I feel like it was my fault for flipping out on him. Yet I believe he’s done this to many women. How stupid am I? — TOTAL IDIOT & HORRIBLE PERSON?
Am I the only girl out there that read that letter and knew for certain that the dude was a MARRIED MAN?!
3. WearPittsburgh has a great new Squirrel Hill design. Check it out.
4. A Jacksonville news anchor wrote about her journey to Pittsburgh for the recent Steelers debacle.
And lucky for your kids who might want to read it, she writes at a third-grade level. “I went to Pittsburgh. It is a city in the United States. It is cold in Pittsburgh. I went to a football game. It was fun.”
5. Holy crap. Why just kill your girlfriend, when you can kill her, grill her, and possibly eat her. Lock up your daughters. The crazies. They are out there. (h/t ShaSha)
6. Reader Vince wrote:
Just wondering- Why does it take seemingly 5 years to get the Pittsburgh casino awarded, built and opened, years to get any sort of smoking ban enacted in this County (which still hasn’t been passed), years to get any type of property tax relief, yet it takes like a month to get a 10% drink tax passed and implemented?
7. I … um … ‘scuse me.
(h/t Nate C.)
8. Can we train unemployed youths to sterilize pigeons? Brilliant!
9. Damn gurl!