- January 11, 2008
- filed under Annoying Burghers, Ben Roethlisberger, Dan Onorato, Local media, Penguins, Steelers
1. Father Spoon emailed me his receipt from 3 Sons showing that they also are listing the new tax as The Onorato Tax. How do you think Dan Onorato is going to feel when he gets his first receipt listing the Onorato Tax?
2. The Penguins continue to own the ice, winning eight in a row now with their new
rookie goalie, who is likely making Mark Andre-Fleury sweat a little.
3. KDKA has a new sports anchor Jory Rand, who lists his favorite program as “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” and his role model as “Bob Pompeani.” Boy, I don’t even have to write a joke, do I? That’s funny shit. (h/t Emily)
4. I’ve never wanted to kiss Bob Smizik. Until now.
Mike McDonald, Aramark’s Pittsburgh district manager, told Jonathan Silver of the Post-Gazette why the products went up more than 10 percent.
“In our industry we round to the nearest quarter for the speed of service. We don’t deal with nickels or pennies or dimes.”
The reason they do this, according to McDonald, is as a favor to the customer. “With the short service window we have at these venues it would just lengthen the time to bring customers through and create more of a problem.”
These kinds of deals give new meaning to the phrase “taxpayer-funded.”The taxpayers are paying twice: Once with their taxes and again by being asked to pay grossly inflated prices at the arena and stadium concession stands.
On its Web site, Aramark boasts that it “has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and industry analysts.”
This is known as honor among thieves.
I think we need to buy and sign one of those huge greeting cards for Aramark. Do you think we can find one that says, “Thanks so much for thinking of us. You greedy assholes.”
Because we care enough to send the very best hate mail, right?
6. If your fiance wants a stripper for his bachelor party and you’re not really liking the idea, why not just surprise him with this local stripper? (h/t M)
I don’t think he’d be mad at all, why do you ask?