Freaks.

Every human being is different from every other human being (except Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.  They’re both Satan.) and that is what makes life interesting. We like different things.  We dislike different things.  PittGirl likes country music and dislikes chocolate.  This makes me different than about 99% of you, right?

I’m aware that this variety is the spice of life, as they say, and I try not to judge people who like things that I don’t like.  But I cannot help but watch this video of a family in the Burgh that keeps 10 dogsledding dogs in their little house and immediately want to put on a black robe, grab a gavel, slam it hard as I can on my desk and shout, “You people are freaks.”

Her husband Ray wasn’t sold on the dogs at first, but relented and has embraced the pack.

“After about the fourth one, he said he was leaving,” Mrs. Eddy says, “the fifth one, he said he was leaving. After the 10th, he hasn’t left yet, so if he does, I’ll probably replace him with a couple more dogs,” she said laughing. “He’s come a long way with loving the dogs, it’s an acquired way of living.” That’s true — now Ray loves the dogs, allowing six of them to share the couple’s queen-sized bed at night.

Thoughts:

1.  I bet their neighbors hate their collective guts.

2.   With 10 big dogs, not only do you have to be willing to spend a great deal of time scooping poop, you’d have to love it so much that you want poop-scooping to be your girlfriend.

3.   Ten big dogs go out in the muddy rain and then you let those same ten dogs back into your house, on your couch, on your treadmill, on your tables, and on your person?  There may be a brain-eating amoeba in your future, or at least heartworms.

4.   You let those dogs spend the day digging, pooping, peeing, sniffing each other’s asses, licking each other and then you let six of the dogs sleep in a queen-sized bed with you?

The only way I’m letting six sled dogs in bed with me is if David Conrad asks me to, yo.  And even then I’d be all, “Okay, but first you have to hose them all off and blindfold them.”

1. Jordan
    January 14, 2008 12:33 pm

I wouldn’t want to smell their house, yo.

2. curtO
    January 14, 2008 12:41 pm

That is crazy. I like dogs, my Parents have a dog and I love her, but I’m afraid one day that lady is going to forget to feed all those dogs and they will eat her. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone allowing the dogs to jump on tables the way those dogs were.

And you are right Jordan, I wouldn’t want to smell their house either.

3. chrys
    January 14, 2008 1:25 pm

I have one dog and refuse to pick up poop… that is my husband’s job.. The smell one dog can create..well, I agree, I can’t ( and don’t want to) imagine what that house smells like. And you know, if the house smells.. so do the humans who live there.. along with their clothes.. yuk.. I think I just made myself sick!

As for country music and chocolate.. I love them both. Separate or together! :)

4. Gunn Lino
    January 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Sled dogs….right. Mutts is more like it. And they are both out of their minds. Somebody call the SPCA quickly.

5. justretiredguy
    January 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Collecting animals like this is a form of mental illness, just like the “cat lady” with 30 or 40 cats in the house. She’s nuts and he enables her.

6. Cindy T.
    January 15, 2008 11:20 am

I have a huge Lab and the amount of work that ONE large dog generates on a daily basis is huge — the poop pick up, the vacuuming of hair, the walks, etc. They must spend the whole day on pet maintenance. I love animals too but I agree with #5. She may be a collector.

7. Stasia
    January 15, 2008 12:40 pm

PG, as an actual country music fan, you may be interested to know that the PovertyNeck Hillbillies are no more!

8. URCORRECT
    February 2, 2008 9:13 pm

PITTGIRL,

AS A FORMER PITT CHEERLEADER, AND WIFE OF A STEELER, I REALLY LIKED YOU JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR “NAME”. UNFORTUNATELY, I’VE REALIZED THAT YOU ARE A JUDGEMENTAL BITCH. YOU SHOULD KNOW TO NEVER TRASH ANIMALS OR ANIMAL LOVERS. YOU MUST BE A DEMOCRAT, SINCE YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BE EVERYONE’S FUCKING BUSINESS!
    DROP OUT OF SCHOOL NOW, YOU’LL NEVER MAKE IT IN BROADCASTING.

9. Anthony
    February 3, 2008 12:11 am

Heh. “Never trash animals.” That’s some funny shit.

10. pittgirl