Random n@.

1. How very unlike PittGirl to lead off the week with a Craigslist ad, but damn, I really need this thing explained to me. Did they finally invent the full body condom or something? W.T.F. is that? You know what?  I don’t want to know. (mostly safe for work, I think. I don’t know.)

Also, ladies, if you’re about to, you know, get it on with a man and he starts crawling inside of a giant balloon, there is a 100% chance you should run away screaming. That’s in the Bible, right?

2.  A CMU grad has a business that offers nap-pods to allow employees to nap during the work day.

Metronaps offers businesses the opportunity to increase productivity by helping workers to take naps. The service includes an “energy assessment” that surveys workers to evaluate the impact of fatigue in the workplace and seminars that offer workers tips on boosting energy.

But the centerpiece of the Metronaps is the Energy Pod, a souped-up lounge chair that looks like it would fit in the Jetsons’ living room. The EnegyPod incorporates a semi-spherical dome to help shut out the world, a built-in music player to help the napper slip into dreamland, and a timer which ends the sessions with lights and vibration for a gentle wakeup.

A nap in the middle of the work day after I’ve had 5 hours of sleep the night before — a nap that takes place in a super comfy lounger, includes the ability to shut the world out and surrounds me with soft music — and you think some lights and a little vibration is going to wake me up?

Unless that chair violently catapults me out of it with a stern, “Bitch!  Wake up!” you can pretty much just forget about me ever getting any work done ever again.  Ever.

3.   The Carbolic’s weather report cracked my shit up today.

4.   Anthony (Tunesmith.  He is dead to me.) has a nice selection of Valentine’s Day gifts for the romantic yinzers in the Burgh.  If The Asshat is looking for something just right, I think this would fit the bill:

5.  The Penguins eight-game win streak came to an end at the hands of the Thrashers’ Mark Recchi.  Karma.  It is a boomerang.

6.   I would snark on this wonderful collection of Olan Mills photos, except I definitely have some worse ones hanging out in a box in my parents’ house.  (h/t CoolMommy123 and another reader whose email I can’t find now)

7.   A huggable urn.  Not so much of a “what the hell” but more of an “ewwwww” for me.   Boy, don’t let your new puppy get a hold of that chew toy. (h/t Zach)

8.  Last week, a man in Idaho thought he saw the mark of the beast on his hand, so he cut his hand off and microwaved it.  Which is funny, because just not too long ago, I thought I saw the mark of the beast on a pigeon, so I microwaved it.  Only way to go when it comes to the mark of the beast.  That’s in the Bible, too, right?

1. BBM
    January 14, 2008 11:25 am

We have seen the ass in #1 before, I swear it. I guess the last time he ran the ad it worked out so well he now needs a full body condom. Or something.

Excuse me, I’m going to go rinse my eyes with bleach now.

2. Cynthia Closkey
    January 14, 2008 11:54 am

The balloon thing in #1 is either a failed prototype for the EnergyPod or a leftover prop from the old TV show “The Prisoner.”

If the latter, I don’t think the guy is either #1 or #6. More like #523.

3. Eileen
    January 14, 2008 12:56 pm

7. Start running if you go home with someone and they have a few of these on their bed…Or any other stuffed animals for that matter.

4. Pensgirl
    January 14, 2008 1:31 pm

1. We really were better off before Craigslist allowed us to know that people like this are out there. Yeesh.

5. You knew it was coming…had a feeling all day we weren’t getting out of Atlanta with a win. Here’s the real kicker: ol’ Recchs used basically the same move to win the game that Sid used in his attempt. Wiley veteran hoists us with our own petard. Ouch! But Pens fans will always love the Recchin’ Ball, even after this.

7. Hope those sled dog people don’t have any of these, ’cause huggable urns would make dandy doggie chew toys.

5. chrys
    January 14, 2008 1:33 pm

1. SO wrong on SO MANY levels.. I think I need a drink..for my eyeballs.

6. Ms. Caroline
    January 14, 2008 2:21 pm

6. I am stifling laughter and have tears rolling down my face. I think it’s even more funny when you know there’s an old Olan Mills picture waiting to come back to haunt you. Brilliant stuff – thanks for the link!

7. DW
    January 14, 2008 3:40 pm

The Olan Mills pics rock! Just turned my day around w/ laughter! Mine had a laser background or some sorta space setting.

8. Pingback: Random n@.-free music downloads sites

9. Still A. Fan
    January 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Olan Mills. OMG that was funny. If Still A Dad reads this, he’ll tell you that he used to rock a lime green leisure suit.

10. Bill
    January 14, 2008 6:33 pm

1. The Boy in the Bubble Grows Up!!

11. Still A. Dad
    January 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Lime green leisure suit, brown silk shirt and platform shoes!

12. Heavy T
    January 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Olan Mills. We have a family photo on the wall. If you look close you can see a pack of smokes through the shirt pocket. My dad wore a straight up white button down shirt. I didn’t notice this for years! I love it and love to make fun of it whenever I’m home. Priceless and a classis.

13. toni
    January 17, 2008 9:16 am

We HAVE seen that ass before….he’s the reoccuring nightmare on Craig’s list that had listed the butt pic along with a picture of him scrubbing a floor while a girl lounges in white ankle sox and high heels.