Killing me.

I am on record, right, about what sick kids do to me.  Right?

They reach in, they grab my cold heart, they squeeze it like it’s a squishy ball, they stomp on it like it’s a rain puddle, and then they rip it to shreds. Every time.  Without even trying.

There are so many healthy, worthless assholes marching through the world, and so many sick innocent kids sitting in hospital beds that sometimes I’d just like to shake a fist skyward, right?  That’s human.

The Penguins visited the children at Children’s Hospital.  Some images totally and shamelessly lifted from this slide show at the Penguin’s official site:

You should also go here and watch the PG’s video.  That little kid Elias?  Holding on to his machine like it’s his friend? Kills me.  Kills. I just want to find him, hug him, and rip the cancer out of his body.

If I’m ever outed, I’ll use my fame for good, and I’ll go to visit the sick kids, too.  And they’ll be all, “Who the hell is she?”

Right.

Not to turn the post shallow, but when the heck did Petr Sykora get kinda hot?!

(h/t to Rachel and Paul)

1. Caroline
    January 17, 2008 10:30 pm

PittGirl! Where have you been?! Petr’s always been smokin’ hot!

I mean, uh, awwww, the poor sick kids. Tell all your self-united husbands to go for you, since you can’t be outed.

2. Bulldog
    January 17, 2008 10:36 pm

Just look at the faces of those players! Each and every single one of them look like there isn’t another place on the planet they would rather be than right there with those kids.

They all look like they agree with you completely. I know I do, but I also feel a little bit better about being a Pittsburgher tonight because of what those guys did, and for you sharing the shamelessly lifted photos.

3. spoon
    January 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Gonch has a a look like “heh, wouldya look at that…”

Another reason why i love the Pens, they’re the most unselfish group of guys in sports. they never bitch about having to interact with the public and their fans.

January 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Put on an ugly pink wig and huge stupid-looking sunglasses and mismatched clothes and no underwear and go incognito. That get-up NEVER attracts anyone’s attention. All the hot celebs know this.

5. Sam
    January 18, 2008 12:58 am

Sykora looks like Thom Yorke

6. Steve S
    January 18, 2008 9:32 am

I love this line from Talbot

“A lot of guys were looking forward to this. I was looking through the calendar to see when we were coming here since we do it once a year. I wish we could do it more often because I think it’s great for the kids and for the players,”

You can see it in his face when he is sitting at the activity table. He is having a great time with the kids and it is hard to tell who is having more fun.

7. back in the burgh
    January 18, 2008 10:23 am

Just another reason to love the Pens. As spoon said, they are the most unselfish group of guys … they truly seemed to enjoy hanging out with the kids.

Fleury delivered our neighbor’s season tix this summer and he took so much time with all the kids who came to get autographs and pictures (the PR lady finally dragged him away). I just think it’s wonderful that our Pens understand that they ARE role models for our children … so many athletes forget that. Go Pens!

8. chrys
    January 18, 2008 12:13 pm

I love stories like this.. thanks for posting about it. I also wanted to add that the visiting players are also helping the parents. My children are healthy, but my oldest spent some time in the hospital as a baby. And I can tell you, as a parent it is one of the scariest, most stressful time in your life. I don’t wish that on anyone. I would think that the visiting Pens would allow the parents to relax a bit and enjoy watching their children just me children.

~Peace~

9. lolo
    January 18, 2008 4:13 pm

That is truly sweet on the part of these guys. Made my heart mushy. And Petr Sykora? Where have I been that he DOES seem to be the hotness???

10. Bram R
    January 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Yes, what a handsome man.

11. Pensgirl
    January 19, 2008 11:45 am

PG, ya might like Sykora even better to know that he wears his wedding ring during games. I’ve seen shots of him on the bench where he’s taken his left glove off to fix tape on his stick or wipe off his visor or whatever, and the ring is always there.

I don’t understand how so many professional athletes can wear jewelry when they play – I could never do it when I played sports – but in this case it’s really rather sweet.

12. eka22
    February 4, 2008 3:39 pm

Petr Sykora -HOT. you know it, I am suprised the ice doesn’t melt when he’s on it.

13. Pingback: Combivir.