Random n@.

1. First, have you seen/felt/heard/been sucked into the vortex of the massive pothole on Fifth Avenue above Ross? Holy shit. I think you can see hell if you look down there.

2. Speaking of going to hell, that would be the driver of the Jeep near that very intersection (male, good looking, about 35ish) who took the time to roll down his window to yell at two pedestrians who were in the crosswalk and I guess just not moving fast enough for him. One of them was an 850-year old elderly lady with a hunched-over limp and the other was a sixty-ish black man with a CANE!

That guy is SO burning in hell.

3. Speaking of burning in hell, have you guys seen all those crazy Tom Cruise videos? They are equal parts hilarious and frickin’ scary.

Roger Friedman of Fox 411 reports that CMU’s website is hosting this particular take on the videos. Check it out.

Tom Cruise might be Satan. If you lined up Tom Brady, Tom Cruise, Bill Belichick, and a pigeon and asked me which one was really Satan, I’d just shoot them all in the nuts to save some time. Do pigeons have nuts?

(h/t Barb and Jim)

4. Speaking of saving time, reader Honda Driver emailed me:

don’t know if you’re a mac gal but with the latest iPhone upgrade you can make web clips of your favorite website, like PittGirl, and place it as an icon on your iPhone desktop. I made an quicktime movie to show you.

Why don’t you have a Burgh Blog icon on your iPhone yet? Why aren’t you as dedicated to me as you should be?

5. Speaking of rock hard abs and an ass that won’t quit (did we speak of that yet? We are now.) Sidney Crosby is on the cover of Men’s Fitness, Sports Illustrated for Kids, and The Hockey News this month. And he’s taking some heat for it:

“My first year, it was GQ and Vanity Fair and the Vanity Fair [photo] was no shirt,” Crosby said, “so after that I don’t think it could get any worse, especially being a first-year guy. I took as bad a beating as it could be, I think.”

Check him out:

(h/t Alex and PittCheMBA)

1. Brad
    January 17, 2008 11:34 am

There’s something familiar about the announcer voice in the TC video. Wait: I know who it is. It’s the guy who does those UPMC-and-the-Steelers-Commercials! The same guy! I smell alien mind control. Big time.

2. Frank
    January 17, 2008 11:37 am

I hate to say it, but i’ve definitely noticed that Jeep drivers tend to be more on the “douche” side of the human personality scale…

3. Pingback: IPhone » Random n@.

4. BBM
    January 17, 2008 12:16 pm

Sid is wearing far too many articles of clothing in bost pics. Just sayin’.

5. BBM
    January 17, 2008 12:17 pm

BOTH, damn it, BOTH PICS.

6. Woy
    January 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I had hoped to get to this last night, but now when you try to add The Burgh Blog to your home screen on your iPhone/Touch, you’ll get her as your icon automagically.

Technology is really somethin’.

7. cultlord
    January 17, 2008 12:48 pm

If you want the scary aspect of Scientology, and not just the mumbo-jumbo insane scary aspect, go look into the eyes of the ones roped into service down on Carson Street. It’s a shame they’re allowed to operate.

Also, on the same CMU site, if there’s time for any interested, read this: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/wakefield/testimony.html

And read about Lisa McPherson. Her tragic story (ending with her death) is truly horrible.

And stay out of Clearwater.

8. Pensgirl
    January 17, 2008 12:59 pm

4. Sorry, Apple, but people still want free ringtones. Get on that.

5. The cover you didn’t post is the one I like best. It’s cute, creative, and perfect for its young audience. The only issue I’ve read is the THN one, and it’s a good read.

And am I the only one dying to kidnap him and take him to my hairstylist? If there’s one thing holding him back, it’s that shellacked mane (and it seems that hockey players as a rule overdo the gel – maybe we could send consultants).

9. Pingback: Jeep » Random n@.

10. Pingback: Iphone » Blog Archive » Random n@.

11. Pingback: Honda » Random n@.

January 17, 2008 3:30 pm

hey, apple:

1) you need to allow people to use your iphone with a carrier other than at&t.

cuz they suck, ya know.

2) you need to allow more room for more tunes.

as I need at least 80gig.

get on that, will ya?

then, I will buy.

as long as it’s under $1,000.

thank you.

13. Bram R
    January 17, 2008 3:38 pm

HA! Sidney Crosby you are so busted!
    Did they drawn on those abdominable muscles on with a sharpie?

14. spoon
    January 17, 2008 4:11 pm

unsatisfied, it doesn’t shock me that you need at least 80GB for your collection.

15. joey
    January 17, 2008 5:22 pm

bummer that Tom Cruise went ape shit crazy. I won’t ever be able to watch Top Gun the same way again.

Real bummer that Will Smith is going down this path as well.

January 17, 2008 5:27 pm

spoon-ster,

you “ignorant” ignoramus — of COURSE, I need 80!

(actually, my pod is only half-full at this point — much like my brain.)

btw — kdka-tv just had a snarky promo on, saying that someone is challenging onorato to a boxing match — could it be you? if so, my $ is on you, with them beer muscles n’all….

17. spoon
    January 17, 2008 6:13 pm

have you seen these guns *grrrr*
    OH! i can be “the ignorant ignoramus of ingomar!”

I could take him but only with you as my coach.

18. Jenn
    January 17, 2008 8:38 pm

So agree, Pensgirl. It’s like when you see Barry Melrose and his greasy looking mullet, only you want to slap him in the head and say, “NO!” … Then, you’d have to wipe your hand on his suit jacket to get all the gunk off.

January 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Have Windows 98. All I need to read Burgh Blog.

Don’t have a ringtone.
    Don’t have an iPhone.
    Don’t have an iPod.
    Don’t have an iGod.
    Don’t have any iGear.
    Have two eyes, they see
    Me spend my money on beer.
    That’s good enough for me.

Hugs,

LudditeDaddy

20. xena
    January 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Brady, Belichik and Cruise would make my “Could this be Satan?” shortlist. Add the genius who saw that the unbroken line of great Steeler Centers would come to an end and shoot away.

21. NY Luvs Pitts
    January 18, 2008 12:40 am

While I have at&t as my carrier, I don’t have an iphone. Boo hoo :(

22. curtO.
    January 18, 2008 2:28 pm

iPhones are for iNeeeerds.

Just kidding, just wanted to hate since I don’t have one and I had to send my Sony Ericsson back to Sony to fix a defect on my W580i on Tuesday.

Hey iPhone, where’s ya Bluetooth?

Shoot, I don’t use my Bluetooth THAT much to try and get one up on the iPhone…

January 18, 2008 2:48 pm

to “the ignorant ignoramus of ingomar!”:

done — though, my coaching style is like mickey’s from ‘rocky’ — just warnin’ ya.

signed,