- January 17, 2008
- filed under Annoying Burghers, Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Penguins, Random, Sidney Crosby, The Damn Pigeons
1. First, have you seen/felt/heard/been sucked into the vortex of the massive pothole on Fifth Avenue above Ross? Holy shit. I think you can see hell if you look down there.
2. Speaking of going to hell, that would be the driver of the Jeep near that very intersection (male, good looking, about 35ish) who took the time to roll down his window to yell at two pedestrians who were in the crosswalk and I guess just not moving fast enough for him. One of them was an 850-year old elderly lady with a hunched-over limp and the other was a sixty-ish black man with a CANE!
That guy is SO burning in hell.
3. Speaking of burning in hell, have you guys seen all those crazy Tom Cruise videos? They are equal parts hilarious and frickin’ scary.
Tom Cruise might be Satan. If you lined up Tom Brady, Tom Cruise, Bill Belichick, and a pigeon and asked me which one was really Satan, I’d just shoot them all in the nuts to save some time. Do pigeons have nuts?
(h/t Barb and Jim)
4. Speaking of saving time, reader Honda Driver emailed me:
don’t know if you’re a mac gal but with the latest iPhone upgrade you can make web clips of your favorite website, like PittGirl, and place it as an icon on your iPhone desktop. I made an quicktime movie to show you.
Why don’t you have a Burgh Blog icon on your iPhone yet? Why aren’t you as dedicated to me as you should be?
5. Speaking of rock hard abs and an ass that won’t quit (did we speak of that yet? We are now.) Sidney Crosby is on the cover of Men’s Fitness, Sports Illustrated for Kids, and The Hockey News this month. And he’s taking some heat for it:
“My first year, it was GQ and Vanity Fair and the Vanity Fair [photo] was no shirt,” Crosby said, “so after that I don’t think it could get any worse, especially being a first-year guy. I took as bad a beating as it could be, I think.”
Check him out:
(h/t Alex and PittCheMBA)