1. What the hell, weather forecasters?! I wake up this morning to read on the PG Now (NOW!) that there could be some snow during the afternoon rush. When I get to work after wrestling with asshole drivers and car-sucking sinkholes, I read on PG Now that there might be snow at lunch time now. Then at 9:00 a.m., ha-ha, PittGirl!
Bill Peduto was in a fender bender.
Pittsburgh Councilman William Peduto said he encountered three wrecks on his drive down Fifth Avenue toward Downtown.
“I was in one,” he said. A car pulled out in front of him at Fifth and Denniston, he said, and due to ice he slid into it. No one was hurt, and his Cooper Mini was undamaged. “My car bounced off his car.”
He said he saw “no snow plows. . . . It’s snow, snow, snow, then ice. Ten miles an hour.”
Question, and I mean, really think about this. How the hell does the PG get that quote from Bill Peduto?
Does B. Peezy call Rich Lord?
Rich Lord’s Phone: Ring! Ring! Damn it!
Rich Lord: LORD!
Bill Peduto: Hey Rich, thought you might like to know that I was in a minor fender bender this morning. Rich, Rich, Rich … it’s okay. Calm down. I’m all right. I’m all right.
Or, does the PG randomly call Bill Peduto for a random quote on the snow?
Bill Peduto’s Phone: Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Bzzz–
Bill Peduto’s Voice Mail: Hi! You’ve reached Bill Peduto. I’m out right now, probably making the city awesome-er. Leave a message.
Random PG Reporter: Yeah, this is the Random PG Reporter. How ’bout that snow, man?! Give me a call if you’d like to comment on it.
2. Tom Brady was spotted in NYC (enemy territory) with a foot brace/cast thingy (I guess you’ve figured out by now that PittGirl is not a doctor in real life).
I’m laughing hysterically like this because I saw a picture of a dead Burgh pigeon. Really. It has nothing to do with Tom Brady being hurt or PittGirl’s prayers being answered. Nothing at all.
(h/t NY Luvs Pitts, Bill, and Adios)
3. You can vote for the Burgh to be a wildcard to be put on the new World Monopoly game. You can see the leaders of the wildcard race here and Pittsburgh is barely in the top 20 right now. No bueno! Vote here. You’ll need to register. (h/t Katie)
4. The Go Fug Yourself girls gave us a holler.
When I saw this portrait of Mena Suvari at Sundance, I naturally assumed she was in costume as her character in Mysteries of Pittsburgh AKA — if you listen to that charming master of PR Sienna Miller — Mysteries of Shitsburgh. (Don’t email me, Pittsburgers — I have not been to your fair burgh, but I would NEVER speak ill of the home of the Steelers, especially as it is also the city where ketchup was invented. Take it up with S. Mil, and tell her I sent you).
Sienna Miller. Does she even still exist?
5. Speaking of The Mysteries of Pittsburgh:
Following the premiere of writer-director Rawson Marshall Thurber’s “The Mysteries of Pittsburgh” on Sunday, the only mystery now is who will buy and distribute the coming-of-age story set in a lusciously photographed Steel City.
Lusciously photographed. I think I like the word luscious now.
6. Plaxico Burress is going to be making some nyah-nyah phone calls. Deservedly so.
7. A Mario goal from1991 that will still knock your socks off.
8. Speaking of luscious:
This just in: Bon Jovi is popular in Pittsburgh.
The group, the guy, whatever you consider it to be, just added a second show at the Mellon Arena on the Lost Highway Tour with special guest Daughtry.
The additional date is March 5 (to go along with the March 15 show).
Does this mean that Jon Bon Jovi is going to be in town for like ten days?!
[PittGirl sets her stalk-o-meter to STUN AND SELF-UNITE]
I’m all about Jon Bon Jovi this:
And not so much Jon Bon Jovi this:
I can’t even look at that picture without needing a shower.