Random n@.

1. Oh. Man. Why the hell am I incapable of putting a book down until the wee hours of the morning? Why can’t I just get to a new chapter, tuck a corner, and go to sleep like normal people? Four and a half hours of sleep and I am paying for it today. I’m going to see if I can find my wits somewhere in this hazy morning brain fog. I need one of these things maybe. Or maybe one of these.

2. Cedric Wilson’s baby mama went apeshit in his house, as you know. I just wanted to point out something else I’m going to hell for laughing at:

In seeking the court order, Wilson wrote that he left his residence after an argument and that Paulat, 26, of Fawn later called him, saying, “I have a gun and am going to shoot myself.” She later called him a second time and said, “I shot the gun but missed my head,” according to the order.

Boy, are you a bad shot if you can’t even aim well enough to shoot yourself in the head. Crazy bitch.

3. Mike Tomlin is sticking by every single one of his assistants. That includes whatever stupidhead is running the Special Teams of Suck … oh, wait, I got a name: Bob Ligashesky.

Tomlin said it doesn’t matter what critics say about the need to hire new assistants because the coaches who are in place have proven to him they can do the job they were hired to perform.

So, stop asking, Tomlin said, because what you see is what you’re going to get.

“A lot of people don’t want to hear that. A lot of people like to finger-point,” Tomlin said. “A lot of people want change for the sake of change.”

I don’t want change for the sake of change. I want change for the sake of not sucking in my breath in dread every time a member of the Special Teams places a toe on the grass. That’s a feeling of doom if I ever felt one.

4. Bengals fans just really cannot take the offseason, can they?

I went to the 06 Bengals/ Steelers game in Pitt, and my question was answered. The women there looked more like Terry Bradshaw than Teri Hatcher. I could tell that one would be hard pressed to find 10 women under 30 whose stomach wasn’t coverd with C section and harpoon scars. Oh well you always have Steely! Stay classy Pittsburgh.

But then someone went and posted some pictures of hot Steelers chicks. But then someone else went and posted some pictures of not so hot Steelers chicks.

Not so hot at all. Like a Jeff Reed nightmare.

5. Oh, Lukey. Are you really that dumb? Or did you maybe just stay up too late reading and couldn’t fight your way out of the fog?

6. Artist Nick Cave’s “Soundsuits” are on display here in the Burgh and most of you look at these things and say, “Cool!” but there has got to be a few of you, like me, who look at them and go, “Hello, my next nightmare where I’m being chased. I guess I’ll be seeing you and the pigeons tonight.”

Also, Art Critic Mary Thomas?

To see one of Nick Cave’s enchanting “Soundsuits” is to feel a presence. To stand in the company of a dozen of them, as one may do at the Society for Contemporary Craft, is to understand the vastness of possibility — that of fantasy, of metaphor, of what one person can conceive — and, essentially, of the ebullient energy that feeds life itself.

But what sets them apart is that they are, further, objects of ritual, like those that appear in the rites of indigenous peoples, wherein the clothing becomes indistinguishable from the entity referenced. In this respect, they are instruments of empowerment.

It makes sense, then, that the Soundsuits arose from an incident that epitomized disempowerment and transmitted fear. And it speaks to Cave’s magnanimity and insight that they transcend such dark realms, moving like fairy-tale beings in and out of that limbic zone that straddles experience and imagination, the threatening and the benign.

Holy crap, lady. My brain is way too foggy to be reading such a verbose review. It is far too early and too 2008 for me to be reading sentences like that.

Can I just get a thumbs up or thumbs down from you on this? Or, to reference the Carbolic movie reviews, how many breasts would you give the exhibit?

Thanks.

(h/t Steve)

1. Pat
    January 24, 2008 10:06 am

Terry Bradshaw may be a more attractive woman than Teri Hatcher. That woman is hideous. Just sayin’. And they’re not exactly Scarlett Johansson out in Cincy, either.

2. Richmond K. Turner
    January 24, 2008 10:39 am

Maybe I missed it, but you have to at least tell us what book has you so hooked that you are staying up all night to read it. I just did the same thing with “World Without End”, Ken Follet’s sequel to “Pillars of the Earth”. It wasn’t as good as it’s predecessor, but it was good enough to make me stay up too late.

3. pittgirl
    January 24, 2008 11:00 am

I would, but I’ve definitely been seen all around town with my book tucked under my arm and also reading it on the bus and I’m still not done with it, and I know for a fact that some of the blog readers ride my bus. So I’m a little wary of saying the title. :)

4. Pingback: Teri Hatcher » Blog Archive » Random n@.

5. BurgherinArkansas
    January 24, 2008 11:40 am

Ligashesky wasn’t very good as the Special Teams coach for Pitt… so I am not surprized now.

6. Dynah
    January 24, 2008 1:25 pm

I agree, those Soundsuits things are pretty damn scary.

7. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    January 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Re; #1 — I’m proud to say I’m now in good company with PittGirl — I stay up in the wee hours of the night unable to put down a good book until I finish it too! I know I’ll never reach the awesomeness that is PittGirl, but now I have hope.

Re: #6 — Someone stole Liberace’s wardrobe!!! Those old ladies who guard the door at his museum in Vegas are going to be on the warpath!!! (True story — In Vegas with friend, take break from gambling, visit Liberace Museum for some unknown reason, try to take a picture outside the museum and these gray-haired old ladies come running out of the museum screaming “You cannot take pictures, no pictures, stop! We have pictures for sale in the gift shop.”)

8. Sofa King
    January 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Weird…all of the pics on this page have changed to “Photobucket: Bandwidth Exceeded” icons. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it my goofy-ass company network f***ing up again?

9. GeeO
    January 24, 2008 3:24 pm

Does anyone keep a running count on the number of the Steelers’ children by girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, ex-wives, and children from “an earlier relationship?” Don’t these Steelers know how to use birth control?

January 24, 2008 5:58 pm

They’re not children, they’re trophies.

January 24, 2008 9:06 pm

yeah, ced might need to get himself some trojans.

but, he’s no travis henry of the denver broncos:

(I like how the URL gives the story away — but, I digress….)

at least, travis hasn’t had one of his baby mamas shoot a gun in his house — that we know of — yet.

12. M. Silenus
    January 24, 2008 11:50 pm

re no. 5, Give Lukey a break. He was up all night reading Good Night, Moon.

13. Mia`
    January 25, 2008 5:20 pm

pittgirl said …

Ack!! Not done?!?! For those of us who are unable to put the book down and get any sleep at all – or get anything else done should we start reading earlier in the day – shame!
    The only time it takes more than one sitting to read a book for me is when it’s something truly boring…think reference manuals or the like.
    If you were able to get any sleep at all when the book was not finished….well you get no sympathy from me! ;)

14. pittgirl
    January 25, 2008 5:24 pm

If it makes you feel better, I didn’t CHOOSE to stop reading. I fell asleep mid-word. And this puppy has like 800 pages, girl!