Random n@.

1. I am suddenly on like a 90’s kick or something. Maybe late 80’s/early 90’s. I don’t know.

All I know is that I have season-passed Pop Up Video on VH1 Classic (Danger Zone! Kenny Loggins!), have found myself really enjoying the hell out of some Wham! songs on 92.9 (WTF, I know), and this afternoon, I caught a Savage Garden song on the radio and was tearing down the Parkway all, “TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY DO-OOO!”

I also have the sudden urge to watch, Girls Just Want to Have Fun (“Eat flame, Bozo!”).

Am I having a crisis?

2. Here’s a tip. Don’t drink and play chess because you might whip out a gun or something.

Chess. Violence. WHO KNEW?

Maybe they were upset about Bobby Fischer dying?

3. Troysus backed out of the Pro Bowl. Meh. My passion for Troysus is at an all-time low. Thank God I never self-united to him.

4. So there’s this whole brouhaha between Hines and The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross (man, it feels good to type his full name out occasionally) because Benny said he wanted a tall receiver in the draft and also said that Hines is lying about his height.

Go here and read about it if you’re unaware.

Anyway, Hines said:

“All these other guys are playing 12, 13 years and still going strong. Why can they go strong and ‘Hines Ward will be the one to fall off.’ I never could fathom that. There will always be question marks around me because I’m not the prototypical guy, not flashy. But I’ve shown you what I can do when they pass the ball.”

Who are these people throwing giant punctuation at Hines Ward? I think they live in Hines Ward’s head.

Also, Hines, calm the heck down. The Rooney’s and Tomlin don’t give a rat’s ass what Benny wants. If they did, Alan Faneca would be signed and Russ Grimm would be coach.

(h/t NY Luvs Pitts)

5. That third picture in particular? My nightmare. Alive on Earth. Waking up in your own bed with a pigeon sitting on your shoulder. Satan couldn’t script that any better.

(h/t Scott)

6. I am not a cat person. But I would SO be this cat’s person. (h/t Amber)

7. “… yeah, so shoot me an email if you want to hang.  Also, THIS picture should just about make you hot for me. BAM!”

1. Zsa
    January 25, 2008 5:05 pm

#7: Ugh, people from Cranberry who never been downtown to drink are why Matrix isn’t as fun as it used to be.

#4: Football season needs to be over (as in the Super Bowl needs to be over) so they can all stop being cranky pantses. I blame the evil influence of man-purse-carrying-pregnant-girlfriend-dumping Tom Brady.

2. Me
    January 25, 2008 5:12 pm

#3 I just thought he wasn’t going because his injury hasn’t healed…

3. pittgirl
    January 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Me,

That probably is why he isn’t going. I’m just having a hard time caring much. Probably because I’m deep in the throes of Penguin love. :)

4. TexasSucks
    January 25, 2008 5:31 pm

#1 Girls Just Want to Have Fun…Best. Movie. Ever!!!

5. spoon
    January 25, 2008 5:33 pm

fyi, #7 is our very own unsatisfied!

*oh I’m a dead man for that*

6. pittgirl
    January 25, 2008 5:39 pm

TexasSucks,

Word!

7. plexxer
    January 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Why is everyone worried about robot killing machines when we have sentient self-stacking collections of Miller Lite cans posting to craigslist and trying to woo our women? They’ve already got fratboys doing their bidding!

8. Still A Fan
    January 26, 2008 1:40 pm

hines needs to settle down. its such a non-issue and every time i reread the comments, the person who wrote the article makes the headline even more sinister than the last. the next guy to pick up on the story will have them in a cage match. ben isnt looking for a 1st round pick of a 6’5″ receiver! dont you think he’d rather NOT be on his back after he screams “hut”? i think he was merely suggesting that once in the redzone, it would be nice if ONE of his options was tall and could go up and get a fade. maybe the 3rd wideout…or 4th. hines took every sentence and went over it and killed it with analysis. he’s always been that way though. he was mad that they drafted troy edwards he was mad when they drafted plax and he was a little upset when they drafted santonio. fine. that’s why he plays – to prove people wrong. maybe coach tomlin instructed ben to say that to motivate hines to come back even more fierce next year.

January 27, 2008 2:15 pm

spoon said, “fyi, #7 is our very own unsatisfied!

*oh I’m a dead man for that*”

so, yeah, ladies of pittsburgh, just shoot me an email..and we can hang…screw matrix…and I can impress you with my kickass lite beer pyramid.

spoon, don’t be hatin’….

10. Chase
    January 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Ben didn’t want Russ Grimm to be the coach.

11. Stephanique1
    January 28, 2008 10:39 am

#1.

“We need 50 copies of these right away”
    “Lynn!!
    “There’s some people Natalie forgot to invite.”
    “Make that…150!”

AWESOME!

12. Sarah
    January 29, 2008 11:29 am

#1 Kenny Loggins played at the Carnegie Music Hall a few months ago.

He transitioned from danger zone INTO footloose.

It was one of the best moments of my life