1. My 90’s/late 80’s kick is in full force now.
I Tivo’d and watched Mannequin this weekend. Then, while watching PopUp Video, I saw a commercial informing me that VH1 Classic has just about every video ever from that period on-line in convenient format. So I spent an hour or five cruising through some old Bon Jovi (Bed of Roses!), some old Paula Abdul (Straight Up!), some old Martika (Toy Soldiers!), some old Madonna (Take a Bow!), and if I told you I didn’t, would NEVER, watch an old Michael Bolton video, pshaw, I’d be lying through my teeth (Said I Love You But I Lied!).
Then, readers started emailing me that New Kids on the Block were reuniting(!). And try as I might to be all, “Meh. They’re so old, now.” I couldn’t help the internal SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! that rose within me.
I’m completely stoked for it.
It’s definitely a crisis. Help me.
(h/t Barb, Emilie, Alexis)
2. There’s a new Yappin Yinzer, Nebby Debbie, with some of the most awesome mall-hair bangs ever. ‘Sgoinon?
3. So I watched this hilarious video that fully illustrates the pure deliberate evilness of some birds and I can’t decide if I’m all this:
Or if I’m all this:
4. My new anthem! A snippet:
When they see us coming, the birdies all try an’ hide,
But they still go for peanuts when coated with cyanide.
The sun’s shining bright,
Ev’rything seems all right,
When we’re poisoning pigeons in the park.
Here pigeon, pigeon, pigeon. It’s just a peanut.
5. Assuming they are still dating, Sonni Abatta’s boyfriend is back in the Burgh.
6. It’s old, but new to me. Sid the Kid and the Gatorade commercial.
7. Speaking of commercials, have you see this one? OMG I think I laughed for five straight minutes at it.
8. Here’s a David Conrad tribute video on YouTube and you’ll notice that they stuck my picture of him in there (1:35). Man, you are really hard up for some pictures of David Conrad if you go with the grainy, half-face camera phone shot.