1. So, yeah, I didn’t get to a single email last night. But I got to them this morning.
2. The PG’s series on the antiquated, monopolistic nature of the PLCB is a must read. There has been many a time that I have sat at my laptop and said, “PittGirl, you need to write down how you feel about the PLCB” only to have my brain fritz out from the overwhelming hate and hopelessness that wells up in me.
I will say this. If I were to run for Governor on the platform that I will make it my goal to disband the PLCB during my first term … who WOULDN’T vote for me?
3. Those evil hate-monging killing-machine developing geniuses at CMU (God, I love all of them, I do.) have a video series featuring Keepon, the little yellow adorable robot designed at CMU. Keepon, somehow through the magic of robotics and maybe some juju, can dance a wicked beat. This first one just cracked my shit up, especially the little purple headband. That was a nice touch.
Also, they should make a girlfriend for Keepon and they can call her ‘Sgoinon.
It’s meant to be.
This one rocks too, particularly the camera panning from “How to spot a hostile robot” over to little, dancing Keepon.
4. Repeat after me, “If some jagoff from Boston ever shows up in my place of getting my drink on and that jagoff is carrying a life-sized cardboard cutout fully illustrating the fug that is Tom Brady, I will light it afire.”
5. From a review of Mysteries of Pittsburgh at Sundance:
As for Pittsburgh itself, save one distinctive power plant, the setting is Anywhere, USA—”Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” is a greater ode to Chicago than this film is to its namesake.
6. From yesterday’s Cat’s Call:
DEAR CAT: I gave a friend a 30-ounce jar of colossal cashews for Christmas. Now he’s in the hospital with diverticulitis. I can’t stop thinking it’s my fault. Is it? — MAKING ME NUTS
DEAR NUTS: Cat’s Call: Only if you force-fed him.
Cat? Ya been punked, honey.
7. Cyril Wecht is so screwed.