OMG.

All of the things you might have heard had you watched the Super Bowl with Family of PittGirl:

• Nachos, wings, cheese dip, tex mex, seafood dip, soup, beer. Yum.
  • [As the Patriots took the field] Booooooooooooooooo! Cheaters!
  • [From my five-year-old nephew as the Patriots took the field] Booooooooo! You’re a cheater! Cheater-butt! Cheater-butt!
  • [From me as Tom Brady awaited a snap] SWEEP THE LEG!
  • [From inside my head as I watched the FedEx carrier-pigeon commercial] Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare.

Seriously. WTF, FedEx?! My family was just cracking up at this commercial, my father to the point of bulging-forehead vein and tears. Meanwhile, I sat there chuckling, but inside I was all, “Mommy.”

Also, as soon as that commercial aired, my email box went BOOM! Some emails:

From Scottie:

Oh..My..God.. I’m sure you saw this, but OH..MY..GOD

From Nancy:

OMG! My husband and I are watching the Super Bowl, and saw that commercial with the giant pigeon – and both of us just looked at each other and said “ACK! I wonder if PittGirl is watching this!!!”

From Jeni:

OMG! PittGirl! Giant pigeon commercial during the super bowl! Are you freaking out???

(this also indicates how much you’ve entered the Pgh consciousness- my fiance and I were both like ‘PittGirl is probably going nuts!’)

Awesome.

But yeah, the giant pigeon that picked up the car? Kinda funny.

Anyway, my thoughts on the Super Bowl:

1. Once again I found myself cheering for a Manning to win. However, when it comes to the Patriots, they could be playing against a flock of pigeons and I’d be cheering on those pigeons. “Go pigeons! Come on pigeons! Pigeons rule! Pigeons are the best! I want to kiss a pigeon! Hey pigeon, look at my boobs!”

2. I loved the Mannings so much yesterday that even when they were showing Peyton cheering and stuff for his baby brother, I so wanted to be there with him, high-fiving him and maybe even showing him my boobs. Any other given Sunday, I hate Peyton Manning’s nasty guts.

3. The first three quarters of that game were a giant snooze-fest.

4. Watching Tom Brady taking those bone-crushing sacks? Good for the soul. I heard angels sing.

5. My family and I were largely disappointed with the commercial offerings this year. A guy being sucked into a jet engine? Wow. Fuh-nee.

The ones that were memorable to us were the one with the animals all screaming, the Justin Timberlake “Hey, you.” one, the Coke/Pepsi/Beats Me one where Charlie Brown won the bottle, and Benny’s American Idol commercial, which I hate to say, I thought was pretty well-acted on Benny’s part. God, help me.

Oh, wait. And the “wheel suck!” and “bottle opener suck!” caveman commercial was good, too.

6. That catch by Tyree? You know, that catch? That was God sticking it to the devil, right there I tell you. Divine intervention.

7. Plaxico crying? Now that was FUH-NEE!

8. To The Devil and Tom Brady (OMG, best band name EVER! Dibs!) I say to you …

Cheater-butts never win, and winners never cheat-er … butt.

1. Billicheat
    February 4, 2008 10:34 am

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we couldn’t cheat and we lost the game. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I’m gonna leave before the last kneeldown. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

18 and ONE. PSYCH!!!!!!!!

2. jay
    February 4, 2008 10:36 am

yay for America! the Giants won. is that reason enough to actually see pittgirl’s boobs?! we all were there, ESPing positive energy to the G-men. we’ve earned the boobage inspection certificate. ok, im getty to be a perv.

3. DisplacedFromPitt
    February 4, 2008 10:41 am

I thought of you when I saw the Pigeon commercial too. How about the Will Ferrell Bud Light Super bowl ad? That was the favorite at our party:

4. spoon
    February 4, 2008 10:43 am

The PERFECT commercial now needs to air…

There’s you’re collective middle finger to the Pats.

5. spoon
    February 4, 2008 10:44 am

err your. goddamn my english is as good and betterer on flu meds.

Oh yeah, cheers to the JT pepsi commercial. That one got my vote for funniest.

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    February 4, 2008 10:51 am

My daughter and I thought about you with the Fed-ex pigeon commercial. Commercials were not that impressive this year. Maybe it’s because I wanted so much wanted to see the Patsies go down that I wasn’t really into them. I did enjoy Ben’s American Idol Commercial.

Like you PG I hate Bill Belicheat ant the Pacheater’s so much I would have cheered for just about anything to beat them. But I’m glad it was the Giants with a former Steeler making the winning catch. It’s a wonderful day in NY today. Next year the Burgh!!!

7. BBM
    February 4, 2008 11:01 am

Angels did indeed sing each and every time Brady went SPLAT! It was beautiful.

8. back in the burgh
    February 4, 2008 11:06 am

Wow – what a great Superbowl. Did anyone else think it was odd when one of the announcers said, “I think Peyton might be happier right now than he was when he won his own Superbowl.” Our whole room said, “Ahhh, don’t think so!” Strange!

While I love the “Perfect” commercial that spoon posted, I’m a softie for the Bud horses … loved the dog training the horse ad:

And yes, Brady landing on his back so many times made for a truly enjoyable evening!! Way to go Giants!

9. Jonesin' for Pittgirl
    February 4, 2008 11:09 am

My personal favorite, which now that I think about it, kind of symbolized the matchup, was the Doritos one where the dude puts a Dorito on a mousetrap and the mouse jumps out of the wall and kicks his arse!

10. Dave
    February 4, 2008 11:22 am

Was it just me, or was the the most jive challenge flag throw in the history of challenge flag throwing? Good old Belichick, if you can’t out-coach ’em, out-loophole ’em.

Yea, yea, I know, a rule’s a rule, but give me a freaking break.

And I actually laughed at the flying man commercial….mostly because it caught me off guard….I thought…lame, a guy’s flying, no big deal….then poof….

11. deebee
    February 4, 2008 11:27 am

Spoon,great one also teared up a little @the dog training the horse. Gotta love those Bud horses but hands down the funniest moment for me was Plaxico crying!!
    I would have loved to see that gaint Dorito mouse jump out and land on Brady some time during the game.

12. back in the burgh
    February 4, 2008 11:31 am

I forgot about the Dorito mouse … I did laugh hard at that one!

13. Bex
    February 4, 2008 11:53 am

I thought one of the evening’s highlights was Belicheat walking off the field before the game was even over to avoid the cameras and the press. Now THAT’S class. Loser.

My friends and I were hoping that Brady would get his…underneath a large pile of the Giants’ defensive line. Wish granted!!!

14. Pensgirl
    February 4, 2008 11:56 am

I was driving back from Pgh to Balto during most of the game. Made it into the house just in time to see the Tyree catch. Said to myself, “Self, the Giants clearly want it more. They’re gonna win!”

Love that Plax got the game-winner, especially in light of Brady’s reaction to his prediction: “What, we’re only going to score 17 points?”

You’re right, Tom. You didn’t score 17 points. Jagoff.

15. Big John
    February 4, 2008 12:23 pm

Next year, maybe PittGirl could be in the Go Daddy commercial.

16. DW
    February 4, 2008 12:29 pm

I thought Tom Petty was entertaining but can we step out of the 80’s for an act next year?

I was also waiting to see shots of Gisele crying for her Tommy Boy getting beat up and leaving the field a LOSER.

17. Fisticuffs
    February 4, 2008 12:56 pm

Bring Prince back for next year, not a clearly reanimated Tom Petty.

18. deebee
    February 4, 2008 1:10 pm

Tom Petty sounded good but did look pretty bad,glad there were no wardrobe malfunctions.

19. Aeran
    February 4, 2008 1:15 pm

I go to college in Boston, and let me tell you, last night was one of the shining moments of my LIFE…If I didn’t think I’d get thrown into the mystic river I’d sing and dance all day.

20. scottie
    February 4, 2008 2:45 pm

Just feel flattered that thousands of people watching the Superbowl thought of you just by seeing that commercial.

-S

P.S. I have some pics of Tom-the antichrist-Brady getting tackled posted on my blog. I especially like the one where he’s on his hands and knees looking like he’s about to boot.

21. NYGirlinPittsburgh
    February 4, 2008 3:31 pm

As a Giants fan, I am thrilled but I am also happy that everyone didnt just jump on the NE bandwagon, which tends to happen when a team does well: :cough Yankees cough::. I do feel the need to punch girls when they talk about Brady being good looking (barf!) but I refrain and just call them names under my breathe.
    NE really showed us how KLASSY they are.

February 4, 2008 3:38 pm

the 2007 patriots: 19 and uh-oh!

(I know, I stole that from someone else….)

about the SB commercials — I must be the only one on planet earth who could not give a shit about the commercials. don’t 99.9% of us bitch about commercials the rest of the time?

though, spoon — that rbk commercial IS pretty funny. and, for those who might care — mercury morris (the dolphin who receives the package in the commercial) is from pittsburgh.

23. xena
    February 4, 2008 5:33 pm

And I actually mentioned you to my husband when Brady was flattened by that last sack.

The football gods hate cheaters.

24. Allison
    February 4, 2008 5:34 pm

Hey PG,

I thought of warning you last week that the FedEx commercial involved pigeons!! Sorry I forgot to give you a heads up.

Scary pigeons aside, it’s doing well in the rankings.

A

25. Still A Fan
    February 4, 2008 6:21 pm

18 wins and one GIANT loss

who dresses payton manning? the captain from captain and tennille? it’s your brother’s super bowl game, not casual day at the bank. wear his jersey. look cool. do SOMETHING.

petty looks embalmed. enough of the safe acts. put pittgirl on next year – it sounds like she WANTS a wardrobe malfunction. you have my email address, right? pop one of those bad boys over my way.

next year they should have an act that’s a little more “wild” than tom petty…..dare i use captain and tennile twice in the same post?

the giant mouse was the only commercial that made me laugh out loud.

i found the entire game exciting. i loved every defensive play that the giants were on the field.

maybe they got the smug off their face last night. it must suck to be tom brady. hey tom, you just lost the super bowl…where are you going? “home to bang my super model girlfriend silly”. oh. ok.

26. Trish
    February 4, 2008 7:09 pm

Loved the “American Idol” commercial but can’t believe no one mentioned the Bridgestone Tire commercial with Alice Cooper and Richard Simmons. This had twenty people crying in hysterical laughter. Then again, we’re all old.

I went to my friend’s SB party and warned her I would be calling Tom Brady a douchebag all night. The highlight of the party was at the end of the game when they showed Brady walking off the field pouting and the whole room was all “DOUCHEBAG!”

27. Arika
    February 4, 2008 7:33 pm

pigeon commercial- first thoughts- PG is probably peeing in her Vicky’s right now. second thought- wow its bad enough that talking baby gave me the creeps with the balloon animal clown now i gotta get rid of the nightmare-ish giant pigeon mental pictures. PS- thanks for the shout out with the picture :)

28. Steeler_tom
    February 4, 2008 8:43 pm

I’m a stiller fan for sure but I lost a lot of respect for Ben after that commercial.
    Ben is a whore!

29. Melissa
    February 4, 2008 10:30 pm

The commercial Ben was in was very good, better than the Chad Johnson one. I’m sure Ben has had many oppurtunities to do many commercials… It was pretty exciting to see the Giants win and I think most of us are on the same wave length w/ the whole Manning thing. Normally, most of us are not used to hearing about a Manning being an underdog. I’ve always thought of Eli being Jane and Payton being Marsha Brady. Besides Eli’s great play, it was a great game. Even better that those sore lossers NE LOST!!!!! I think we’ve all had enough of how great NE was, and what a terrific coach they had, blah blah blah.

30. Stephanique1
    February 5, 2008 10:38 am

The reason why Ben did the American Idol commercial is b/c he is supposedly making a guest appearance this season.

31. GregLeg
    February 5, 2008 9:40 pm

As a lifelong Giants fan, it was a given I’d be rooting for them. The fact that they sucked the life out of the arrogant New England dumbasses in the process just made it all the better.