All of the things you might have heard had you watched the Super Bowl with Family of PittGirl:
- Nachos, wings, cheese dip, tex mex, seafood dip, soup, beer. Yum.
- [As the Patriots took the field] Booooooooooooooooo! Cheaters!
- [From my five-year-old nephew as the Patriots took the field] Booooooooo! You’re a cheater! Cheater-butt! Cheater-butt!
- [From me as Tom Brady awaited a snap] SWEEP THE LEG!
- [From inside my head as I watched the FedEx carrier-pigeon commercial] Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare.
Seriously. WTF, FedEx?! My family was just cracking up at this commercial, my father to the point of bulging-forehead vein and tears. Meanwhile, I sat there chuckling, but inside I was all, “Mommy.”
Also, as soon as that commercial aired, my email box went BOOM! Some emails:
Oh..My..God.. I’m sure you saw this, but OH..MY..GOD
OMG! My husband and I are watching the Super Bowl, and saw that commercial with the giant pigeon – and both of us just looked at each other and said “ACK! I wonder if PittGirl is watching this!!!”
OMG! PittGirl! Giant pigeon commercial during the super bowl! Are you freaking out???
(this also indicates how much you’ve entered the Pgh consciousness- my fiance and I were both like ‘PittGirl is probably going nuts!’)
But yeah, the giant pigeon that picked up the car? Kinda funny.
Anyway, my thoughts on the Super Bowl:
1. Once again I found myself cheering for a Manning to win. However, when it comes to the Patriots, they could be playing against a flock of pigeons and I’d be cheering on those pigeons. “Go pigeons! Come on pigeons! Pigeons rule! Pigeons are the best! I want to kiss a pigeon! Hey pigeon, look at my boobs!”
2. I loved the Mannings so much yesterday that even when they were showing Peyton cheering and stuff for his baby brother, I so wanted to be there with him, high-fiving him and maybe even showing him my boobs. Any other given Sunday, I hate Peyton Manning’s nasty guts.
3. The first three quarters of that game were a giant snooze-fest.
4. Watching Tom Brady taking those bone-crushing sacks? Good for the soul. I heard angels sing.
5. My family and I were largely disappointed with the commercial offerings this year. A guy being sucked into a jet engine? Wow. Fuh-nee.
The ones that were memorable to us were the one with the animals all screaming, the Justin Timberlake “Hey, you.” one, the Coke/Pepsi/Beats Me one where Charlie Brown won the bottle, and Benny’s American Idol commercial, which I hate to say, I thought was pretty well-acted on Benny’s part. God, help me.
Oh, wait. And the “wheel suck!” and “bottle opener suck!” caveman commercial was good, too.
6. That catch by Tyree? You know, that catch? That was God sticking it to the devil, right there I tell you. Divine intervention.
7. Plaxico crying? Now that was FUH-NEE!
8. To The Devil and Tom Brady (OMG, best band name EVER! Dibs!) I say to you …
Cheater-butts never win, and winners never cheat-er … butt.