Random n@.

1. Ruth Ann Dailey shouted out to me and this is me shouting back.

2. This CMU prof, DaveTouretzky, has an awesome site with a portion of it dedicated to scientology’s secrets, including a HILARIOUS pamphlet featuring Kirstie Alley which Roger Friedman linked to today. Not so hilarious and more scary than anything? That auditing machine on the cover. Holy shit.

I wouldn’t let that machine audit my taxes, much less my brain. I bet if you hooked me up to that thing, it would blow. Swear to God.

Dr. Touretzky’s areas of expertise include the study of rodent brains. So you can clearly see why he’s taken to studying the scientologists.

Ba-da-dum! Here all week, yo.

3. Speaking of CMU … yeah, bay-bee!

(h/t Ed)

4. Reminder: Kordell Stewart = NOT gay and loves the sex with girls.

(h/t Sandy)

5. Speaking of CMU … reader Goob spotted a MetroNap napping pod in the Cafe of the Hunt Library. I SO want to check that out. Anyone done it yet?

6. Speaking of CMU … Professor Pausch went to Disney World with his family, is losing his sense of touch in his fingers, and is still hanging in there.

7. Reader Arika sent this to me and it made me laugh, I tell you. Srsly.

8. If you’ve ever wished to see what Stephanie Watson’s and Alison Morris’ boyfriends look like … wish. granted.

(h/t Dan)

1. PittCheMBA
    February 4, 2008 7:13 pm

It looks like SW’s boyfriend has bigger diamond stud earrings than Hines “I am tall enough” Ward.

2. chrys
    February 4, 2008 7:37 pm

I apologize now for saying this, but doesn’t Stephanie Watson’s boyfriend look like one of the brothers from the reality show ” Growing Up Gotti”???

3. pittgirl
    February 4, 2008 7:43 pm

Nail. Head. Hit.

4. Newsie
    February 4, 2008 7:45 pm

Looks like Stephanie’s boyfriend could be her son!

5. Bram R
    February 4, 2008 8:24 pm

1. Don’t be surprised if I crib that method of shout-out acknowledgement.
    2. You wroted about the Scientolgists a few posts ago, and you were like, “Hey man, religion, I dunno.” FWIW, the Comet Serious Position on Scientology remains unchanged. That being, it is sucky brainwashing. Attack them.
    8. Michael Leek is my hero forevermore. Meanwhile, Stephanie Watson is looking a little apprehensive.

6. Jordan
    February 4, 2008 8:31 pm

Holy dudebro alert Steph… jaeger bomb alert!

7. Jordan
    February 4, 2008 8:34 pm

Last ‘alert’ should be ‘much’. karma is a bitch

8. Robert
    February 4, 2008 8:58 pm

Geez, Pittgirl, are there any major media figures in Pittsburgh that don’t start the day with a look at your blog? … In other news today, Pittgirl was proclaimed “Empress of All Pittsburgh Media” dethroning the long-reigning Sally Wiggin.

9. M. Silenus
    February 5, 2008 8:44 am

A well deserved shout-out from Ruth Ann, PG. A great column too. Saleem Ghubril has been working in the trenches for a long time and has earned the moral authority to shape the larger discussion, and there are many other leaders in this town who are equally committed and compassionate. It’s one of the things that can give us hope for the future of the city. Kudos to Ruth Ann for putting Saleem’s thoughts front and center.

10. lolo
    February 5, 2008 9:03 am

I’m going to put a pic of Prof. Pausch on my cubicle wall, so that every time I whine I’m instantly reminded to shut up. That man is amazing.

And Scientology is scary. The end.

11. Sofa King
    February 5, 2008 9:37 am

I’ll bet dollars to donuts that Stephanie W. and her boyfriend’s real song is “Any Way You Want It” by Journey…and that it’s his bright gold Trans Am the newlyweds are in in pic 17.

February 5, 2008 9:51 am

AliMo looks a little more human in that photo (keep the teeth under control, girl); SWat … not so much. Now I understand the 3 inches of makeup. HiDef will not be her friend.

February 5, 2008 10:29 am

saleem is good people — I knew him back in my teen years (just a few years ago…..) — and I am sure that he is trying his best.

ruth ann is good people, too — ruth ann, if you are reading this, I totally miss you, your insights, and your hotness on “onQ.” please come back!

as for steph — what’s up with the guido? drop that zero and get with the hero.

and, as for you, alimo — if I knew you go after dorky guys, I should have been your first choice! (save your comments, spoon….)

14. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 5, 2008 11:52 am

The Prof Pausch story is amazing. Cant wait to read his book.

15. Ruth Ann
    February 5, 2008 12:19 pm

Hey, of course I’m reading this, Unsatisfied. And I’m hoping your flattering comments explain your online name…

Reading the burgh blog is, in fact, how all “major media figures” such as “myself” start our day, right after we 1. read our column online to check our editors’ handiwork and 2. check our fan mail. (If we’re broadcast media figures, replace No. 1 with “Check weather and choose boots.”)

Thanks for the shout-out, PittGirl — but when someone writes something better than I could, why not borrow it? (Sucking up, plagiarizing — I’m now ready to run for mayor.)

Srsly, check out The Pittsburgh Project. Donate. Saleem et al. are great people. They’ve made a huge difference, and they won’t be deterred. — RAD

16. L
    February 5, 2008 12:21 pm

Those are some seriously average-looking dudes.

17. Ms. Caroline
    February 5, 2008 1:07 pm

Stephanie Watson likes herself some guido! Heeh.

February 5, 2008 1:15 pm

***unsatisfied reads ruth ann’s post, grins from ear to ear, stammers a little, and blushes***

19. merman
    February 5, 2008 1:15 pm

If google is correct, think SW’s bf graduated HS in 2004?

Cougar. Total str8 cougar.

20. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 5, 2008 2:14 pm

No doubt…definite cougar or at least a cougar in training

21. joey
    February 5, 2008 5:06 pm

How old is Watson? She looks like late 40’s trying really hard to look late 30’s….which might explain the bf.

22. joey
    February 5, 2008 5:10 pm

And who woulda thunk that a friggin loan officer could bag allison morris.

23. spoon
    February 6, 2008 9:02 am

unsatisfied, I think you and JW will have to steel cage match for it. I’m hitched so i’ll ref it and mel will ring the bell.

24. deegazette
    February 8, 2008 3:17 pm

Is the Scientology Center still on SS? I really want to ask why people with cars and planes always say “IT” is not about your car or plane.

25. F. L. Mercury
    February 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Stephanie “The Cougar” Watson – she looks late 30’s/early 40’s – and if google is correct he is what 22?

Melman & Joey beat me to it — But I’d still do her – I think even more now – I love those cougars