Yeah, bay-bee.

The Duke (if you’re new to the blog, you might not know why I call Ben Roethlisberger the Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross.  Here ya go.) has been honored with TWO, yes TWO of the “most awkward moments” at two different Super Bowl parties as reported by ESPN.

Awkward moment #1 occured at the EA Sports Madden Bowl where The Duke was partying with Joe Montana and Dennis Frickin’ Rodman:

Also, Roethlisberger gave a hopeful young woman a pretty impressive stiff arm with the help of some timely text messaging.

Nice.

Then awkward moment #2 happened in his own VIP suite at the Urban2u.com party which also boasted Pamela Frickin’ Anderson:

So, my Super Bowl party experience began like any other: Me and ESPN.com fantasy guru Matthew Berry in Ben Roethlisberger’s VIP suite watching two girls inspect one another for tonsillitis.

Awkward moment of the night: The show in Roethlisberger’s suite we described in the first paragraph.

That’s right, you minions of Benny’s.  Shield your virgin eyes.  Benny was hosting hawt. lesbian. action.

Play on, playa.

(h/t Puma)

1. Anne Oz
    February 7, 2008 8:40 am

You did not mention that you were one of the lesbians, huh?

2. Calm down Anne Oz
    February 7, 2008 9:14 am

Anne Oz is obviously a minion…

February 7, 2008 10:23 am

that’s hawt.

4. Sylar
    February 7, 2008 1:29 pm

Word says Benji’s still in a relationship with a certain TV actress, so the text messaging kind of makes sense. But did he instigate the girl-on-girl action, or was he just the host or a spectator?

God help us all if Benny & Jeff Reed start hanging out together.

5. mis
    February 7, 2008 2:22 pm

God help us if Benny and Jeff Reed start doing each other!

6. Anne Oz
    February 7, 2008 2:50 pm

Minion is a term for favourites or protégés, especially those of a monarch or prince at a royal court. Unlike a henchman or lackey, although of subordinate rank to his patron a minion is likely to be of noble birth or to be raised to the nobility, and is more of a companion and confidant to him than a servant or bodyguard.

BTW, somebody needs a more original name.

7. Anne Oz
    February 7, 2008 2:51 pm

Somebody needs to get a more original screen name…

8. Anne Oz
    February 7, 2008 2:53 pm

Sorry-didn’t mean to hit post twice!

9. minion # 77777777
    February 7, 2008 3:26 pm

I am proud to be a minion!

And they didnt say that Ben instigated it…just that it happend…Shame on Ben!

Sorry Pittgirl but your gunna have to throw something else at me to convince me that Benny is a jerk!

10. pittgirl
    February 7, 2008 4:11 pm

Wow. Anne Oz uses Wiki AND cut/paste.

Most impressive.

11. Steve
    February 7, 2008 5:12 pm

Yeah, this post confused me. It makes me like him more! Plus, the text message part makes sense; he was texting at the first party making sure that the lesbians were lined up for the second party!

12. D
    February 7, 2008 5:55 pm

I agree with Minion # 77777777. It will take a a whole heck more then that to stop me from likeing Ben! Where you wishing you where there Pitt Girl?

13. Minion 77777777777777
    February 7, 2008 6:08 pm

oooo…two girls were making out at a super bowl party….the world will never be the same!

Ready….set….BASH THE MINION!!!!

14. United Minions of America
    February 7, 2008 6:16 pm

At lease Ms. Oz is smart enough to cut and paste and even bother to check on what a minion was before she used the term. Pittgirl, look up the word MORON. Your photo should be near it.

15. queen of all minions
    February 7, 2008 6:26 pm

MINIONS RULE!!!!!!

LMFAO UMOA

16. stacey
    February 7, 2008 10:02 pm

Heres betting this post gathers like 1000 comments.. gotta love the minions. look, I love ben as much as all them but Pittgirl is funny and her comments about him crack my shit up. Go Benny, have an awesome hot lesbian party, you deserve it.

17. B
    February 8, 2008 1:36 am

Yo. He’s a super (super) rich 25 year old athlete. He’s no criminal (that we know of, hee hee) but he’s no saint either. He’s doing what any other dude in his position would do. It’s pretty funny.

18. dwight
    February 8, 2008 8:22 am

Oh, he’ll be okay. While this was going on, studly Daniel Sepulveda was probably in church praying for Ben’s soul.

19. Calm down Anne Oz
    February 8, 2008 12:27 pm

Minions – he’s young, he’s rich, he’s famous, and he’s a guy. What do you think he does in his personal time? Do you really think he sits around at dinner parties or something? He is not the classy guy that Sidney Crosby is by a long shot, I am sorry. Ben is not the charming prince you make him out to be.

Can we say “Drink Like a Champion??”

20. Stacey
    February 8, 2008 9:27 pm

And the “drink like a champion” pittsburgh t-shirt I got for christmas just rocks…

21. SportyGal85
    February 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Word on the street is that Benny was instigating the action.

22. Melissa
    February 11, 2008 10:17 am

I don’t understand what “stiff upper arm” means…can someone explain—-I guess I’m out of the loop w/ all the cool phrases:)

23. I HATE THE MINIONS
    February 11, 2008 1:50 pm

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR F*^%ING HOLE IN THE GROUND. YOU COME OVER HERE AND BASH PITTGIRL FOR BEING AN OPEN HONEST PERSON WHO SEE’S BEN ROETHLISBERGER AS THE TOTAL DISRESPECTFUL OF WOMAN, DRUNK, LYING ASSHOLE THAT HE REALLY IS. GO BACK TO YOUR LITTLE PERFECT WORLD OF BEN ON BR-7 AND BBN AND KEEP CONTINUING TO BLOW SUNSHINE UP HIS ASS ALL DAY.

24. Melissa
    February 11, 2008 4:14 pm

I come to this website on some days just to laugh about things or talk about interesting topics…especially local ones. Occassionally I’ll bite and look at something a little “gossipy” but generally don’t care too much for that. We’ve all heard the old saying about hearing only half of what you read:)

The reason I write this is because these posts on this entry are getting out of hand. You are all making fools out of yourselves. Who cares what Ben or Jeff do…its there bodies and their souls.

25. Georgia Girl
    February 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I agree somewhat Melissa. The minions have a way of getting people stirred up on here. IMO that here on the burgh blog you can say whatever you want about Ben – good or bad. On those websites mentioned, their are certain people on there (including anne oz and a few others that posted on this topic) hold Ben on a pedestal so high that he is above all and be all. In their eyes, Ben is this PERFECT person. And God forbid, you go on any of those websites and and point out anything negetive (true or untrue) about Ben and you are attacked. What I don’t understand is that they can’t stand PittGirl, but they continue to come over here and read what she has to say and then get all wound up about on their postings and start shit up with people on here that post here regularly.

As I stated in another topic on the burgh blog in reference to Ben, nothing he does anymore really surprises me.

26. BB
    February 11, 2008 7:31 pm

All I got to say is Bravo Georgia Girl and Bravo Pittgirl!

Ben is a young man who is not as perfect like minions like Anne Oz thinks he is.

I could care less what happens in his private life though.
    At least like Georgia Girl says, we can have an open discussion about Ben, Reed or anything else here.

27. Melissa
    February 17, 2008 4:10 am

I just think that it gets a little odd that people get so wrapped up in his personal life. I don’t remember this ever being an issue before, but I guess he is the qb in a football town in the age of the internet. Its one thing to chat, but people take things so personally.

If anything, I feel bad for Ben so maybe that explains my feelings. He seems to want to please people so badly and to fit into a certain stereo-type. Not that I follow him around, google him, or any of that other scary crap but I’ve gotten that impression of him from main stream TV. He seems to on it a lot in Pgh and sometimes on the NFL network. Two recent examples would be him “backing down” from his comments about Hines Ward. Ben didn’t say anything negative moreover this team didn’t even win a playoff game so there should be changes… Also, I saw on TV at the pro bowl (those games get worse each year) where he said that Tom Brady was his super hero or something like that which explains why he has been trying to fit that “mold” for the past year or so.

I guess w/ my clinical know how and just general sense of people, I feel bad for him because to me it seems like he is evolving to someone other then his true self. I think, hopefully this makes sense, that he is living life as a QB rather than someone from OH who has a unique job that pays really well:)