Random n@.

1. Thanks to my cousin, I am now completely addicted to Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. I know! Not their lattes or their Coolattas or Moolattas or whatever the else hell they try to sell. Not even their donuts. Just their regular cup of joe.

I am now incapable of driving past a Dunkin Donuts without slamming on my brakes and whipping my steering wheel around screaming to my frightened passengers, “LEAN!”

Which is normally how I react when I see a Sonic. If at any point in my life I am driving down a road that has a Sonic on the left, directly across from the Dunkin Donuts on my right … the end.

2. Don’t let anyone ever tell you that the Burgh doesn’t have seemingly normal, hot, available girls. She totally gives off a Mandy Moore vibe. I think I would hook her up with this dude or maybe this one. Can’t decide. Oh, screw it, Mandy. You pick.

3. Best. Shirtless. Craigslist. Picture. EVER! Hah!

4. Apparently I am the only soul in the world that doesn’t give a rat’s ass where Terrelle Pryor goes to college.

5. Freddy Sanchez is staying in Pittsburgh for at least two, maybe three years. This is great for Pittsburgh, not so great for Freddy Sanchez.  Just kidding.

He really wants to be here:

“I’m thrilled,” Sanchez said at a PNC Park news conference. “Pittsburgh is where I want to be. Everybody knows that. For me and my family, it was kind of a no-brainer. We love this community, and we appreciate the support that our fans give us. There’s nothing better than going on the field knowing the fans are on your side, like they are here.”

You think we rock, Freddy?  You should see us during a winning season.  Crazed.

6.  The weather:

I’m not complaining.

I’m just sighing.

1. Opus2270
    February 7, 2008 9:19 am

Cousin wouldn’t be a blonde nurse would she? Sounds like someone I used to know who is really addicted to their coffee.

2. pittgirl
    February 7, 2008 9:21 am

On my Franco Harris autographed jersey, Cousin is NOT a blonde nurse.

3. fugly
    February 7, 2008 9:34 am

SONIC!!!!!! I was in Memphis this past weekend and complained to my friends down there that there are no sonics to be found in the Pittsburgh area…yet there were always commercials. Well after my friends picked me up from the airport they informed me we were all making a Sonic run Thursday lol. I didn’t even mention to them about my conversation in Memphis and was surprised to find out we did have one.

4. joey
    February 7, 2008 9:50 am

#2: Any chick that says she is “not into drama” is a friggin drama queen.

5. spoon
    February 7, 2008 9:58 am

I have to second Joey on that one. She is a cutie though.

4. I could give a rats ass where anyone in high school goes to college. Odds have it they’ll be charged for some crime, knock someone up, crack under pressure or break a bone in a stupid drunken frat accident. That’s great that a local boy has this level of talent but let this kid think he’s a god until some senior knocks him on his ass in the first practice and he realizes he’s just a little worm on a big fuckin hook.

6. Jen
    February 7, 2008 10:02 am

I LOVE Dunkin’ Donuts coffee too!! Did you know you can buy it at Giant Eagle and make it at home? I had to resort to doing that, because the downtown location across from where I work closed. You can have it any time you want at home and it is just as good!!

As far as the Terrell Pryor where is he going to college debacle that everyone is going CRAZY about…He is a kid. A KID for gosh sakes! He probably does silly things in school like throwing paper balls at his friends during class!! He needs some time to think about what he wants to do. Why are people so confused by this idea? Most high school seniors have NO IDEA so why do people think he is suddenly going to be so different?? It puzzles me!

7. Grad Student
    February 7, 2008 10:08 am

1. I have been known to go to Cranberry just to get some Dunkin. Never go to Boston, because they’re on just about every corner. Unfortunately, the stuff from the store just isn’t the same, because they donb’t pour half a pound of cream and sugar into it for you.

2. If that “seemingly normal” girl writes ‘lol’ one more time…

3. ‘Then’ and ‘than’ are not the same word. She should know that if she loves to read lol.

8. Marc
    February 7, 2008 10:09 am

I do care, as long as he goes to PSU, if he goes to OSU or Michigan screw him. He’s one hell of an athelete, he’ll be tested in college, but I feel like it’s exciting to have the chance at a local kid to go to a local school at an area of need (QB).

That chick will get 100 e-mails because of your post here. She’s real cute and seems nice, plus she gets national exposure here.

Freddy staying here is great, but he was here anyway for two years, and the third year is an option year so it’s not as big of a deal as everyone is making.

February 7, 2008 10:20 am

I’m in the camp that does not believe that any of those craigslist ads are real. but, they can be real funny.

as for pryor — enough already. holding a press conference to say that you have nothing to say is ridiculous and he’s using the hype to play it against the schools. and, as usual, the media are right in lock step with him.

10. Pensgirl
    February 7, 2008 11:11 am

1. Love the DD. Friend once called DD coffee “liquid crack.” Totally right on. The hot chocolate is just as good. And the doughnuts – well, when Krispy Kreme opened up in Pgh and I had one for the first time, my reaction was “I’m stickin’ with Dunkin.”

I don’t have one near me at work or home anymore so I buy mine at the grocery store like Jen mentioned.

2. She does give off a Mandy Moore vibe. Good luck to ‘er.

5. I hope that gets people to realize they shouldn’t have such an inferiority complex about the city. People do recognize it as a great place to live, and we have had so many pro athletes that make Pittsburgh their permanent homes. There are good reasons for that.

11. lovepgh
    February 7, 2008 2:07 pm

There’s a Sonic at Pittsburgh Mills

12. Sofa King
    February 7, 2008 2:21 pm

Maybe I’m just jaded, but I have a really hard time believing that any fairly attractive, reasonably intelligent, down-home girl who likes to cook for her man and have deep conversations would need to resort to Craigslist to meet a man. I’m in my mid-20s and, until recently, had been on the dating-go-round for years and cute, smart, sweet girls don’t need to resort to such measures to meet guys.

I get the sneaky suspicion that A)it’s some kind of scam involving Ukranian mail-order brides and the ill-advised exchanging of personal credit information or B)she is, in fact, an alien sent here to interact with us and gain intelligence on our species ala “3rd Rock from the Sun.”

13. joey
    February 7, 2008 2:26 pm

has anyone ever replied to a cl ad? I just have a hard time beleiving that people hook up based on those ads….of course I’m 36 and an old fart at this point….

14. rose
    February 7, 2008 2:35 pm

i *heart* dunkin’ donuts coffee, too. if go into the store, look around for their survey forms (they have them on the counter where i get mine, the rostraver location). you complete the survey online and they give you a code for buy one, get a medium free. yum!

15. Onestar
    February 7, 2008 3:25 pm

The ONLY Sonic in the area is in Pittsburgh Mills, and every time I drive past it, it’s packed.

16. Bulldog
    February 7, 2008 3:39 pm

No the Pittsburgh Mills location IS NOT the only one in the area. There is one in North Strabane at 2611 WASHINGTON ROAD

Check out their “locator” on their website (sonicdrivein.com)

17. justretiredguy
    February 7, 2008 9:46 pm

I used to love getting an extra large black coffee at the Dunkin Donuts near the County Airport. Often they would run out of extra large cups so I would get two large ones. I think it is (yet another) used car lot now.

18. Mia`
    February 8, 2008 9:46 am

Wait! Wait! Wait!!
    36 = old fart?!?!?
    That’s just for the guys tho, right? Right?!?!?!

19. justretiredguy
    February 8, 2008 10:27 am

Jeeze, I’m 50. What does that make me?

20. Onestar
    February 8, 2008 11:18 am

Thanks, Bulldog!

I didn’t know they opened a second one. Cool!

…where’s the car keys…

21. Brian
    February 8, 2008 4:56 pm

If you think drugs are recreational, HULK SMASH!!!!!

22. Brian
    February 8, 2008 4:57 pm

Sorry, that was in reference to item, 3., Dr. Awesome Craigslist

23. Pingback: Pseudo ephedrine online.