Finally, losing my leg pays off.

If you have the following, you might be cast as an extra in The Road, which I remind you, stars hotties Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron.

• The desire to see Charlize Theron and Viggo Mortensen up close.
  • Free time.
  • Long hair.
  • The ability to grow a beard.
  • A thin build.
  • A missing leg(s).

Straight from Mosser Casting:

“The film’s cast is minimal,” Mosser notes. “There are only about eight local speaking roles available, and approximately 30 extras will be hired.”

As all of the characters are meant to have survived for years after a terrible, unspecified catastrophe, the film requires a very slim and un-muscular cast. For men, the ability to grow long hair and full beards is a bonus. For women, long hair and wiry builds are a plus. Actors and extras of all ethnicities will be needed.

“There is one scene in the film that is a special casting challenge,” notes Mosser.”The director, John Hillcoat, has asked us to find a thin man of any ethnicity who is missing one or both legs.” No previous acting experience is needed for this role.

I’m being serious when I say they should hire the homeless, one-legged guy that hangs out on Smithfield. He’d be perfect for that AND he has a beard.

If you’re a skinny, long-haired, bearded man with no legs, check out www.mossercasting.com.

Tell her PittGirl sent you and that her finder’s fee is $650,000.

(h/t the Fabulous M)

1. Me
    February 8, 2008 9:39 am

Okay, I get that there is a terrible, unspecified catastrophe, but if people could actually survive it, couldn’t a few scissors??? Just that if I’d survived for years after such an event, I’d probably get to the point of — okay I built some shelter, still working on the getting food part on a daily basis, but occasionally my higher need order for cutting my hair to get it out of my face would surface and I’d give myself a (albeit, bad) haircut. But that’s just me…

2. Pingback: Media Districts Entertainment Blog » Finally, losing my leg pays off.

3. fugly
    February 8, 2008 10:03 am

Too bad I can’t grow facial hair…I’d put myself up for this! (I have both my legs though…drat)

4. LMax
    February 8, 2008 3:53 pm

Heh… Father in law fits the description to a T and has 2 prosthetic legs (which I’m sure he’d remove for the chance to get up close and personal with Charlize)

5. chrys
    February 9, 2008 12:18 am

mark my words… ugly character.. oscar for beautiful Charlize Theron

February 9, 2008 1:45 am

PG, Is the guy on Smithfield the one-legged, one-armed guy I wrote you about in the “pigeons are angels from heaven” e-mail?

Keepin’ the faith.

7. kelli
    February 9, 2008 2:47 pm

I have only seen the one-legged, one-armed guy in the Strip.

If he also hangs out on Smithfield, more power to him, cause that sure can’t be an easy trip.

Unless Pittsburgh has two homeless that would fit that description.

I may be overthinking this. I may overthink Pittsburgh’s homeless often. I even have a homeless arch enemy, though I doubt he knows or cares he’s my arch enemy.

8. rod booth
    May 8, 2008 9:51 am

Hi,
    I have a high amputation (left leg), still quite fit, 5’9″,
    52yrs old (some say I look younger).
    If any thing ie Extras are required, by all means keep me in mind.

For Info, I live in Halifax, W. Yorkshire