Random n@.

1. If PittGirl’s blog ever should go away, you can all rest assured that there are other bloggers out there that say EXACTLY what I was thinking.

First up at the Burgh Report where they’ve delved deep into the mystery of the homeless person that managed to get into the river tunnel in the Convention Center, managed to get stuck there during the RISING OF THE RIVERS 2008, and had to be rescued by our fearless river rescue crew (hey, why isn’t there a River Rescue calendar? I’d hang that up in my office, yo.). Problem is that no one knows for sure if it’s a man or a woman. WTAE calls it a woman, a “transgendered woman” during their noon news, while the PG is going with man. The Burgh Report went with Pat.

And Anthony. God. Bless Anthony. From his recent post about Terrelle Pryor:

You hate attention? Well then, maybe you shouldn’t have held a press conference announcing that you weren’t going to announce anything, huh?

OK, so it was bad enough when WTAE deemed it necessary to stream live coverage of Terrelle Pryor’s press conference yesterday on thepittsburghchannel.com. There are, like, 12 year old girls getting shot to death and visits from national and international dignitaries that do not warrant live coverage via the internet, but ‘TAE thought everyone would be popping boners over a press conference from an 18 year old who can’t make up his fucking mind on what college to attend.

Can I get an amen?! I said, can I get an AMEN?! Testify. That’s church.

2. Reader Jim waxed hilarious about the whole Convention Center story in an email to me yesterday:

I’m bothered by this. Not because a homeless person got into the convention center. Not because flood waters are invading the building. I’m bothered because said homeless person is apparently a man in the midst of a sex change process. Hey, if you wanna switch teams mid life thats fine and dandy, but if you are homeless, where and how are you getting the coin to pony up for the needed operations??? Yinzers across the city wanna know…this could be a gold mine of free beer money they are missing out on!

Hah!

3. Reader Jake tells me that in Oldsmar, Florida, there is indeed a Dunkin’ Donuts sitting right next to a Sonic.

Heaven. It lives north of Tampa in Oldsmar, Florida.

4. Reader SUPER ANONYMOUS tells me that there will very soon be a new lease signed for a Dunkin’ Donuts in downtown Pittsburgh.

And why do we love Pittsburgh so much, Burghers? Because it is a little, big city or a big, little city … your pick … and that means there’s a good chance if you work downtown you’ll be within walking distance of that Dunkin’ Donuts.

I think I want a t-shirt that says, “Starbucks is so 2007.”

5. You know how I like to joke and stuff and be all, wow, if that happened to me, I would just explode into little bits and pieces, or man, if I ever saw that I would whip out a gun and start shooting? I’m exaggerating, of course.

So I want to be very clear here and tell you that I am not exaggerating much when I say that if I was walking through the mall and this happened, I would have assumed that the rapture was real, that it was imminent, and that I was about to be left behind. And I would have hit the floor praying hard, y’all.

And then I would have been a YouTube superstar. HAHA! Look at that stupid girl! She’s hot.

(h/t coolmommy)

6.  I’m not going to say anything about this hilarious shirt because I’ll get in trouble with the fat chicks.

(h/t Pinto Alegre)

1. Allison
    February 8, 2008 9:17 am

Ironically (for #1), I had a nightmare last night that your wonderful blog was gone–taken down for some strange reason.

I woke up and cried.

2. curtO.
    February 8, 2008 9:22 am

Maybe I’m stating the obvious. But isn’t Pryor just milking all the colleges with their “kid glove” technique to wine and dine such a highly sought after prospect?

Wouldn’t you? If Oregon or Penn State says, “Come see our college, it will be a good time and we will treat you right.” Then I’m going to visit Oregon, Penn State, or even CCAC West campus (if they are having a BBQ) and take every sight in with a smile. I’ve seen movies where the high school recruit gets to go to the fraternity parties and ends up in an orgy, so I would want to confirm or deny the reality of those movies.

Play on playa…but no more faux news conferences.

3. burgher in maine
    February 8, 2008 9:41 am

Dunkin Donuts coffee is so gross! I don’t like them putting in the cream and sugar for me. It doesn’t even taste like coffee. I live in New England where you can’t go more than three miles without seeing a dunkin donuts, and they are always packed with people. Its a frickin donut shop! i don’t get it.

4. deebee
    February 8, 2008 11:19 am

Of course Pryor is milking this for all it’s worth.But having gone through the college selection process this year with my child,it was a easy choice. Who would provide the best education? No press conference needed.

5. Amy
    February 8, 2008 11:52 am

AAGGHHH! I live right there, and I had completely forgotten about them being beside each other! Though I don’t drink the coffee, DD is the best for hot chocolate and a boston creme! And Sonic has the best tater tots ever, along with some of the funniest commercials!

6. JamieO
    February 8, 2008 12:28 pm

State College just got one in it’s downtown. Ha. Take that, Pitt Girl.

We don’t have a Sonic, tho :(

PS I don’t get the fuss over the coffee either.

7. rose
    February 8, 2008 2:01 pm

fyi: there’s a sonic opening in uniontown soon.

8. nel
    February 8, 2008 2:31 pm

Of course Pryor is playing games. As are the colleges whith all their promises that will be whoring him out for the next four years.
    and deebee, be sure to let us all know when you’re child makes his or her first 40 million with that education.
    You can’t compare the two. He’s a kid, kid’s play games.

9. Ms. Caroline
    February 8, 2008 4:20 pm

I live in Jeannette. “Pryormania” began here about two years ago.

10. back in the burgh
    February 8, 2008 4:36 pm

Loved the Grand Central Station video … that was hysterical. Especially loved the guy who couldn’t drive his cart, “need a little help down here.”

As for Pryor … I completely agree with CurtO: can’t blame him for dragging it all out, but no more news conferences unless you have something ‘real’ to say. In which case the news will probably have leaked beforehand anyway.

11. Jenn
    February 8, 2008 9:53 pm

Pittsburgh Business Times article said 105 DD stores are slated to open in the PGH area within the next five years or so.

Add to that about 30-45 Sonic Drive-Ins …

February 9, 2008 1:52 am

It never bothered me that I wasn’t an athlete past basketball in junior high, but I sure would have liked to have been recruited. I wouldn’t have hit up the colleges for money or cars, anything that could leave a paper trail. I would have said, “Send two cheerleaders and an ounce of your best weed to my room, thankyouverymuch.”

13. jason head
    February 9, 2008 10:12 am

Yes, Duncan Doughnuts coffee is good. But until you have been blessed with a Tim Horton’s, you don’t know what your missing.

Sidney Crosby is a HUGE promotion for Tim Horton’s in Canada. I wish he would use his pull to get them to open a few in Pittsburgh. Preferably one right next to my house and another right next to my workplace.

14. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 11, 2008 9:34 am

I agree with Jason…Tim Horton’s is the shizz-nit as the kids say….

15. BBM
    February 11, 2008 3:17 pm

While Sid is bringing us some Tim Horton’s love (why the hell does Stupidville have one when we don’t?), he really ought to open up a Jumba Juice, too. Oh, and a Donato’s. If we could get those three, my life could be complete.