1. If PittGirl’s blog ever should go away, you can all rest assured that there are other bloggers out there that say EXACTLY what I was thinking.
First up at the Burgh Report where they’ve delved deep into the mystery of the homeless person that managed to get into the river tunnel in the Convention Center, managed to get stuck there during the RISING OF THE RIVERS 2008, and had to be rescued by our fearless river rescue crew (hey, why isn’t there a River Rescue calendar? I’d hang that up in my office, yo.). Problem is that no one knows for sure if it’s a man or a woman. WTAE calls it a woman, a “transgendered woman” during their noon news, while the PG is going with man. The Burgh Report went with Pat.
And Anthony. God. Bless Anthony. From his recent post about Terrelle Pryor:
You hate attention? Well then, maybe you shouldn’t have held a press conference announcing that you weren’t going to announce anything, huh?
OK, so it was bad enough when WTAE deemed it necessary to stream live coverage of Terrelle Pryor’s press conference yesterday on thepittsburghchannel.com. There are, like, 12 year old girls getting shot to death and visits from national and international dignitaries that do not warrant live coverage via the internet, but ‘TAE thought everyone would be popping boners over a press conference from an 18 year old who can’t make up his fucking mind on what college to attend.
Can I get an amen?! I said, can I get an AMEN?! Testify. That’s church.
2. Reader Jim waxed hilarious about the whole Convention Center story in an email to me yesterday:
I’m bothered by this. Not because a homeless person got into the convention center. Not because flood waters are invading the building. I’m bothered because said homeless person is apparently a man in the midst of a sex change process. Hey, if you wanna switch teams mid life thats fine and dandy, but if you are homeless, where and how are you getting the coin to pony up for the needed operations??? Yinzers across the city wanna know…this could be a gold mine of free beer money they are missing out on!
3. Reader Jake tells me that in Oldsmar, Florida, there is indeed a Dunkin’ Donuts sitting right next to a Sonic.
Heaven. It lives north of Tampa in Oldsmar, Florida.
4. Reader SUPER ANONYMOUS tells me that there will very soon be a new lease signed for a Dunkin’ Donuts in downtown Pittsburgh.
And why do we love Pittsburgh so much, Burghers? Because it is a little, big city or a big, little city … your pick … and that means there’s a good chance if you work downtown you’ll be within walking distance of that Dunkin’ Donuts.
I think I want a t-shirt that says, “Starbucks is so 2007.”
5. You know how I like to joke and stuff and be all, wow, if that happened to me, I would just explode into little bits and pieces, or man, if I ever saw that I would whip out a gun and start shooting? I’m exaggerating, of course.
So I want to be very clear here and tell you that I am not exaggerating much when I say that if I was walking through the mall and this happened, I would have assumed that the rapture was real, that it was imminent, and that I was about to be left behind. And I would have hit the floor praying hard, y’all.
And then I would have been a YouTube superstar. HAHA! Look at that stupid girl! She’s hot.
6. I’m not going to say anything about this hilarious shirt because I’ll get in trouble with the fat chicks.
(h/t Pinto Alegre)