… and PittGirl laughed.

You Burghers far and wide that don’t live here any longer, you should know that today is totally a sled riding day.  Snow snow snow.  And of course, that means the local media is salivating that there’s weather going on.

You also are aware of how witty and downright funny many of my readers are, but good Lord, this email made me laugh long and hard.

Reader Leslie wrote:

Did you check out the special extended Channel 4 news coverage this morning (that blocked my beloved Good Morning America)?!?!? Demetrius Ivory actually had “frizzle” on the screen for describing the type of precipitation we’d have today… freakin’ frizzle!?!?! DH and I laughed our a$$es off.

Shizzle my nizzle it’s gonna frizzle!

Screen capture?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Zober?

1. Leslie's Hub
    February 12, 2008 10:11 am

Fo Shizzle, I saw De-man’s “frizzle” jargon. Couldn’t believe it with my own eyes. Good thing I’m off today, (Yay Teachers) cause I know I wouldn’t be able to conduct class without altering my lingo… if a weatherman can do it, a teacher can. “Today class, we’re gonna rizzle our next novel, so sizzle in yo seats, and be quiet or I’ll wrizzle you up and send it down to the principizzle for detention.”

2. chrys
    February 12, 2008 11:18 am

Missed that one, but was sad that WPXI did the same thing with my beloved Today Show.. I need my Matt Lauer fix at 7 am!! Damn Pgh and their crazy weather coverage. LOL!

3. Me
    February 12, 2008 11:21 am

Yep. We need extended coverage for a 2-4 inch snow storm. ‘Cause that NEVER happens here in the northeast. I hate local news.

4. REARless
    February 12, 2008 11:40 am

Then there is poor Dee Thompson. Hat on, standing on the side of some major thoughfare, dark outside, letting us know that it is snowing and the roads are slippy. I remember him doing this same gig in the 70’s. When will poor Dee get promoted to news anchor?

5. deebee
    February 12, 2008 11:45 am

Wow ,we just had “slippy” to describe to road conditions, now we have “frizzle”. Did he run that through Joe DeNardo first?

6. Reese
    February 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Did you catch Ashley DiParlo’s tutorial of how to use all the WTAE website for weather, traffic, etc? Seriously, how pointless is that girl?

7. Marko
    February 12, 2008 1:15 pm

DiParlo is a joke. Could she be any more of a Kelly Frey wannabe?

8. Still A Fan
    February 12, 2008 1:32 pm

shameless but on-topic (kind of) plug for a comic of mine that instantly came to mind when i read this:

9. Bram R
    February 12, 2008 2:27 pm

The man knows what he’s talking about. I’m looking out my window and that is definitely frizzle. It’s a good thing I’m set for bread and toilet paper.

10. maggiemay
    February 13, 2008 9:26 am

pittgirl,
    If you thought the news coverage was over the top yesterday –what is passing as news today is every nitwit that has a phone has called in to report that the roads “that they travel everyday” are icy and traffic is “all backed up” –now that IS news!