- February 12, 2008
- filed under Downtown happenings, Mayor Ravenstahl, Random, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. So I’m sitting here at my computer, not complaining at all that it’s cold and very snowy and every school in the Burgh is closed and why don’t businesses have snow days, too?, and there is SO MUCH TO WRITE!
I take one little day off and now I’ve got about twenty stories/posts in my head fighting it out to be the first onto the keyboard. The surprising winner with a choke-hold:
2. Cat’s Call:
DEAR CAT: I wanted to get this to you before Valentine’s Day. I’ve been dating a woman for four months, and I love her, but I haven’t told her this yet. I want to tell her but I don’t know if waiting until Valentine’s Day is smart or kind of “cheesy.” We joke around a lot, and I was thinking of “telling” her with the words printed on a cake, or one letter per piece in a box of chocolates, or something like that. Is that stupid? — CAN’T WAIT TO TELL HER
DEAR CAN’T WAIT: Your idea isn’t stupid at all; it’s very sweet and memorable.
Cat’s Call: Just make sure to tell her, too!
Okay, I can see planning out in detail how you’re going to propose to a woman, but planning out in detail how you’re going to tell her you love her? No, man! It happens on a whim … spontaneously. You grab her the second you know it, when she leasts expects it and you just say it like you mean it. Like you just can’t keep it in any longer. You do NOT give her a box of chocolates and be all, “Here’s how I feel. Spoken with cocoa.”
2. Next out of the brain cage match, with an arm bar submission:
The deck to the Birmingham Bridge fell eight inches … so they’ve closed it for repairs. [PittGirl makes a mental note to never ever drive, walk, or be on the Birmingham Bridge again.]
3. Next up with an illegal eyegouge to story #4:
A blown radiator pipe on the seventh floor of the City-County Building caused an indoor rainstorm in Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl’s personal office and the City Information Systems department yesterday.
An indoor rainstorm in his actual personal office? Clearly God is trying to tell Lukey something. Probably, “Your infrastructure is old, Lukey.”
4. The Pittsburgh Cult Lord gives a rundown of the activities related to the recent scientology protests, including Pittsburgh’s protest … that awesomely included the protester that wore the Giant Eagle bag over his head.
5. The Steelers are keeping the grass! The Steelers are keeping the grass! The Steelers are keeping the grass!
6. Okay, NOW it’s official. The Patriots fans are the sorest losers ever. (h/t Erin)
7. The Enterprize Business Plan contest is gearing up, so all you techies out there that could use a cool 80k to fund your startup, head on over and tell them PittGirl sent you and that what Woy wants, Woy gets and if Woy came to me and said, “I’m hosting a puppy-kicking contest. Can you promote it?” I’d be all, “Just so I get the details right … what kind of puppies will we be kicking?”
Go win some money.
(h/t Woy, AKA Mike Woycheck, AKA Pittsburgh’s Blogging Guru, AKA PittGirl’s Alfred the Butler)
8. Some awesome readers, that I love and if I met them I’d tell them in a spontaneous way that doesn’t include a box of chocolates … sent some great pigeon pictures my way. Enjoy them!
From Christopher who said:
Saw this at mile marker 191 on the PA Turnpike and immediately thought of you. Had to pull over on the drive back just to take a picture.
I bet Satan lives there. Also, look who’s keeping watch on the roof.
You know what he’s thinking? “I tink I’ll go poop on sum hoomans.”
And finally, from Dave:
Way too long.
9. And finally, finally. The Burgh Blog had its one millionth hit sometime on Sunday. If I knew which one of y’all it was, I’d give you a box of chocolates that says just how much I love you for it.