Random n@.

1. So I’m sitting here at my computer, not complaining at all that it’s cold and very snowy and every school in the Burgh is closed and why don’t businesses have snow days, too?, and there is SO MUCH TO WRITE!

I take one little day off and now I’ve got about twenty stories/posts in my head fighting it out to be the first onto the keyboard. The surprising winner with a choke-hold:

2. Cat’s Call:

DEAR CAT: I wanted to get this to you before Valentine’s Day. I’ve been dating a woman for four months, and I love her, but I haven’t told her this yet. I want to tell her but I don’t know if waiting until Valentine’s Day is smart or kind of “cheesy.” We joke around a lot, and I was thinking of “telling” her with the words printed on a cake, or one letter per piece in a box of chocolates, or something like that. Is that stupid? — CAN’T WAIT TO TELL HER

DEAR CAN’T WAIT: Your idea isn’t stupid at all; it’s very sweet and memorable.

Cat’s Call: Just make sure to tell her, too!

Okay, I can see planning out in detail how you’re going to propose to a woman, but planning out in detail how you’re going to tell her you love her? No, man! It happens on a whim … spontaneously. You grab her the second you know it, when she leasts expects it and you just say it like you mean it. Like you just can’t keep it in any longer. You do NOT give her a box of chocolates and be all, “Here’s how I feel. Spoken with cocoa.”

2. Next out of the brain cage match, with an arm bar submission:

The deck to the Birmingham Bridge fell eight inches … so they’ve closed it for repairs. [PittGirl makes a mental note to never ever drive, walk, or be on the Birmingham Bridge again.]

3. Next up with an illegal eyegouge to story #4:

A blown radiator pipe on the seventh floor of the City-County Building caused an indoor rainstorm in Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl’s personal office and the City Information Systems department yesterday.

An indoor rainstorm in his actual personal office? Clearly God is trying to tell Lukey something. Probably, “Your infrastructure is old, Lukey.”

4. The Pittsburgh Cult Lord gives a rundown of the activities related to the recent scientology protests, including Pittsburgh’s protest … that awesomely included the protester that wore the Giant Eagle bag over his head.

5. The Steelers are keeping the grass! The Steelers are keeping the grass! The Steelers are keeping the grass!

(h/t Stephanique)

6. Okay, NOW it’s official. The Patriots fans are the sorest losers ever. (h/t Erin)

7. The Enterprize Business Plan contest is gearing up, so all you techies out there that could use a cool 80k to fund your startup, head on over and tell them PittGirl sent you and that what Woy wants, Woy gets and if Woy came to me and said, “I’m hosting a puppy-kicking contest. Can you promote it?” I’d be all, “Just so I get the details right … what kind of puppies will we be kicking?”

Go win some money.

(h/t Woy, AKA Mike Woycheck, AKA Pittsburgh’s Blogging Guru, AKA PittGirl’s Alfred the Butler)

8. Some awesome readers, that I love and if I met them I’d tell them in a spontaneous way that doesn’t include a box of chocolates … sent some great pigeon pictures my way. Enjoy them!

From Arika:

From Christopher who said:

Saw this at mile marker 191 on the PA Turnpike and immediately thought of you. Had to pull over on the drive back just to take a picture.

I bet Satan lives there. Also, look who’s keeping watch on the roof.

You know what he’s thinking? “I tink I’ll go poop on sum hoomans.”

And finally, from Dave:

Way too long.

9. And finally, finally. The Burgh Blog had its one millionth hit sometime on Sunday. If I knew which one of y’all it was, I’d give you a box of chocolates that says just how much I love you for it.

1. BBM
    February 12, 2008 10:43 am

Remember way back when Steely first emerged and I was all, “If he doesn’t go away at the end of the season, I’m going to go stand on a bridge and wait for it to collapse.” Go ahead, guess who was on the Birmingham on the aforementioned fateful day. Go ahead.

It’s God’s way of saying Steely REALLY better go. Next time, I’m going to end up in the river.

February 12, 2008 11:01 am

#2: the cat’s call dude — he’d do pretty well with my ex. she was kinda the same way. if he’s reading this, drop me a line and I give you her digits, if I can still find them.

#5: yeah, I’m glad that the steelers are keeping the turf. they just need to remember not to lay sod on top of it during a deluge a day before a monday night game again. (though, the thought of that punt hitting and sticking up in the mud makes me laugh every time I think about it.)

#6: pats fans have now replaced the seahawks crybabies as biggest losers in the league.

#9…#9…#9 (any white album fans here?): why not just shove steely himself into the crack? at least he’d finally be useful.

3. Leslie
    February 12, 2008 11:07 am

Cat’s Call: Anyone remember the Sex And The City episode where Robert got Miranda an “I Love You” cookie? Yeah… it didn’t work for him, either. I’d probably binge and purge the entire box of chocolates just so that I didn’t have to face the fact that some doofus actually spelled out I Love You in chocolates.

4. PittinDC
    February 12, 2008 11:14 am

Leslie, I was thinking the exact same thing.

5. spoon
    February 12, 2008 11:14 am

The only thing more annoying than weatehr coverage in this town is the impending death all of us face (according to WPXI and KDKA’s Marty Griffith) if we EVER cross the bridge again.

Stay tuned for 24 hour coverage of the repair of the Birmingham Bridge with Dee Thompson, his 3D graphs in HD and reaction from local businesses who will have to shut down from people not knowing any other way into the South Side.

fuckheads.

February 12, 2008 11:35 am

spoon — for their BB analysis, maybe the local stations could adopt them fancy-ass graphic walls that CNN is using for its election coverage.

and, if dee could use that floating pie chart that anderson cooper used, that’d be the shitnit.

February 12, 2008 11:36 am

February 12, 2008 11:39 am

and, if dee could use that floating pie chart that anderson cooper used, that’d be the shiznit.

9. Julie
    February 12, 2008 11:48 am

This might be a little wrong, but since his e-mail address and full name was already publicly listed:

Myles P Fraser (lakers23@gmail.com)

Myles was the SOREST loser out of all the Patriots fans… he was the one who started the petition to the NFL. Loser.

So go ahead. Let’s all show him some love. :)

10. Sooska
    February 12, 2008 12:09 pm

#6 Oh you Pats fans! hee. For some laughs go visit the site. Under the Sign Petition box at the bottom there is “View Current Signatures”. Click that. Then click any of the numbered signature groups and read. Idiots.

11. NY Luvs Pitts
    February 12, 2008 12:35 pm

#6 I signed the petition as:
    18-1
    email: stopcrying@cheaters.com
    comments: get over it.

12. amber
    February 12, 2008 12:49 pm

I was number 1,000,000.

Where’s my prize?

13. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    February 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: #6 — some of the signatures were actually quite funny. My favorite:

17956. Bill Buckner Dear Boston – I know I let you down in 1986, but crying about the clock is not gonna bring that back. Yes, Schilling shot roids up his urethra in the 2004 playoffs, yes the Pats videotaped the Rams pregame routine before the 01 Superbowl. But I can’t fix it. So just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

14. Mike
    February 12, 2008 2:15 pm

OK, so this Patriots thing kills me…here’s what the Commish should write back:

Hey dumb asses, on a fourth and short, where the ball carrier dives through the line and may or may not barely make a first down–in the fourth quarter of the SUPER FREAKIN’ BOWL—the referee will blow his whistle (stopping the clock) to ASK FOR A MEASUREMENT to assure that a first down was achieved! You idiots left that out of your customized rule book at the beginning of your petition. Do you really think your ego-maniacal coach would have left that slip past him and cost him his perfect record? Hell no said Satan! Now go watch a Celtics game or something…

15. Stephanique1
    February 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Oh my, the comments on the petition are quite amusing. Check out #18039…

16. Brian
    February 12, 2008 3:48 pm

2. Things worse than the chocolates idea: sky writer, singing telegram, personally written and performed rap song, hiding the “I love you” message in sorbet. Oh! Oh! I got it!!! He gets her to play a game of Scrabble, secrely hiding the letters “ILOVEYOU” in his pocket (OK, I know it’s too many letters, but let’s remember this is a lame idea). He insists to go first and spells it out across the board. AND he collects any double and triple word points, because if his lady is lame enough to be moved by this, she’ll also probably insist on finishing the game and he could use the points.

6. Thanks, Mike, for making that point. I didn’t want to have to type all of that, so I’ll just say, “Yeah! What he said!” I guess, perhaps, this genius Pats fan who wrote this petition didn’t know this detail, which isn’t obscure, isn’t complicated. Not to mention the head official can stop the clock in that situation to confer with the other officials or the coaches to explain the ruling. Wow. Let’s also keep in mind the Pats got the ball back with 35 seconds remaining, surely enough time for Tom Brady to weave magic and divine greatness invested in him by the Lord Jesus to find a way to get down the field to at least tie the game. Or is there some reason THAT didn’t happen?

17. Ravishing Rick
    February 12, 2008 5:28 pm

PittGirl and her Pigeons,
    must have been one in her past life!!
    good show for animal planet
    Pigeons,Pittsburgh and PittGirl

18. Steeler_tom
    February 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Actually, to be totally honest with you PittGirl, I was the 1,000,000 visitor on Sunday. Yep it was me.
    Here’s the thing though….. I can’t have chocolates, I’m allergic to sugar, and the sugar free ones make me want to pull a huge Davenport (Many times over) In any event thanks for the kind offer of chocolates. You ROCK!

19. Brogster
    February 12, 2008 10:13 pm

It was me! I was the millionth!!

20. Ryan
    February 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Stupid wordpress wouldn’t let me repost just an O again…but you get the idea!

21. mis
    February 12, 2008 11:25 pm

The local news coverage is comical.
    Check out this video with Don Schwenneker at his new post. Do you think he is regretting leaving the Burgh now?

22. Sarah
    February 13, 2008 9:40 am

Oh my word. Thats the worst part about the Superbowl…all the bitching fans.

Yay for keeping the grass. I’d be sad if they didn’t.