Random n@.

1. So I left the house this morning and it was raining. When I got to town, it was snowing and all the snow on the ground was turning to immediate slush. It’s still snowing, so apparently we are still in the throes of the Great Frizzle of 2008.

I love Demetrius Ivory so so much for giving us this new, perfect, awesome word for the wildly shifting precipitation we see here in the Burgh. Not quite rain, not quite snow, not quite sleet, and not quite a drizzle.

FRIZZLE!

We need a shirt.

Jeff Verszyla is probably jealous as all get out and is trying to coin his own word as we speak.

Row? Reet? Rizzle? Snain? Snizzeet?

Snizzeet!

Gesundheit, Jeff.

2. I’m not bitter at all that my parents are sitting on a beach somewhere on a tiny island, sipping alcoholic beverages and maybe swimming with some stingrays later.

[grits teeth]

Not. Bitter. At. All.

I feel Cancun calling me.

3. In my duties as a miner of Craigslist, I can honestly say that I have never read an ad that actually gave me the dry heaves. Not even that guy inside the big balloon.

Then I read this one.

‘Scuse me while I go retch.

(h/t to Barb)

4. If you love a fiery redhead [mrowr!], then you’ll want to mark your calendar to stalk that hottie Julianne Moore who will be filming a horror movie here in the Burgh in March.

(h/t Evergrey)

5. Here’s a gotomypc commercial that reader Amy brought to my attention.

The entire commercial is hilarious as heck, but go to :21 seconds and watch the hot dog vendor unleash his karate chops of pigeon-hating fury.

That is something I would totally do. Except I would actually connect.

6. Whirl Magazine sent a 22-year-old to interview the Penguins. Lucky!

There’s a nice photo of Malkin in there.

If ever I get the chance to interview the Penguins in their locker room, the first order of business to be discussed will be The Commercial.

Oh, yes.

(h/t PittCheMBA)

1. Brian
    February 13, 2008 9:51 am

3. I cleaned my sink today of cat fur that accumulated from my feline insisting on sleeping in the sink bowl. Maybe I should have called this guy. Does he do cat fur? Good hell, this is the grossest thing ever. Well, for anyone who has trouble, you know, containing themselves while in the throes with their loved one (or hired one … whatever), when you feel the urge, just think of this. It’s sure to instantly buy you five more minutes.

2. chrys
    February 13, 2008 9:59 am

“If you are lucky enough to have a treasure trail, I would gladly lick that also”

How many women have treasure trails??? Or is he open to men too.. BLECH!!!!!!

February 13, 2008 10:00 am

thank you and mrowr! — and, maybe it was just me — but, I didn’t see a side-boob shot on that page.

4. dwight
    February 13, 2008 11:00 am

That rocks. I loves me some Julianne Moore. She’s a chick I’d switch for. Well, in theory. Well, in theory that it is a fun thing to say even though I totally don’t mean it. :)

5. Caroline
    February 13, 2008 11:14 am

Can I get a thank you and a mrowr from the guys for the gratuitous side-boob shot up there? Excuse me, PittGirl? What about us gals that like women, particularly the pretty ones with nice boobs?

6. dwight
    February 13, 2008 11:44 am

Caroline, when we blog we all write to a main constituency. It would get so cumbersome for PG if she had to write stuff like “Can I get a thank you and a mrowr from the guys AND the gals who like women, and the gay guys who like boobs, and the girls who think she’s pretty but don’t like women, and the guys pretending to be straight so they’ll “mrowr” when they’re reading “The Burgh Blog” with their friends …” and so on and so on.

7. pittgirl
    February 13, 2008 11:47 am

Dwight, this is me, grabbing you and telling you that I love you.

Rock on.

PittGirl

8. Bram R
    February 13, 2008 12:05 pm

“‘So! Who’s the cutest? Are they nice? How was it?’ my best friend immediately prods me as I plunk down across from her at the Coffee Tree in Squirrel Hill.

‘Gosh, um…’ I say, trailing off in search of the right words.

I’m fresh from a spin around the Pittsburgh Penguins’ media room just an hour ago, and I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed…”
    __________
    THIS IS WHAT VANITY FAIR DOES TO OUR CHILDREN! Parents, make sure your kids read good magazines like Harpers, Atlantic Monthly, and the Economist. The More You Know.

9. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    February 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Hey, Jonathan Rhys-Myers has also signed on for the movie and will co-star with Julianne Moore. Pittsburgh seems to be back on the movie making map.

10. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 13, 2008 12:50 pm

I wasnt a big fan of JMoore when I first saw her movies….but lately…MROWR

Thanks PG I needed that…

11. TrolleyRider
    February 13, 2008 1:11 pm

So would an abundance of frizzle be a frizzard?

12. Me
    February 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Jonathan Rhys-Myers? MROWR!

13. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Im not sure Trolley…I thought it might be a shizzle o’ frizzle

14. Ravishing Rick
    February 13, 2008 3:23 pm

What the @#$%!!! no Pigeons pics today!!
    PittGirl your slipping!!!!
    Eh, I guess you didn’t want to get your fancy shoes dirty

15. Bulldog
    February 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Thank you pittgirl for that picture, and here’s a major MROWR!

16. PittCheMBA
    February 13, 2008 7:15 pm

The quality of female actresses filming a movie in the Burgh has certainly gone way up since Sienna Miller. Will Lukey be stalking another celebrity?

17. Gunn Lino
    February 13, 2008 8:23 pm

I met Julianne Moore while living in L.A., she is as pleasant and warm as she is strikingly breathtaking, to paraphrase a legend DOUBLE MROWR.

February 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Julianne is the hotness. Makes me want to see “Short Cuts” again, and see most of Julianne. Thanks, PG.

And Google images of Melissa Archer, who could pass for Julianne’s daughter. I’ll have to write a script for them … hummna-hummna.

19. BIGGEORGE
    February 14, 2008 7:48 am

Ah, um….men don’t mrowr.

we Hoot, Howl, pant pant, whistle.

Didn’t you learn anything from Bugs Bunny
    cartoons?

February 14, 2008 8:46 am

hey, bugs also mrowr’d — I swear it.

and, NOW I can see the side-boob — my morning is now made.

21. Patrick
    February 14, 2008 11:21 am

Nobody’s picking on Lukey yet?

Take it from Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, another young Pittsburgh talent — living this lifestyle is no easy feat. “I know firsthand that being thrust into the spotlight at a young age can be a daunting experience,” he says.

Luke’s spotlight was a pocket maglite compared to the nationwide carbon-arc searchlight these guys have been under. I love how he continues to think that being mayor of Pittsburgh somehow makes him a huge celebrity.