- February 13, 2008
- filed under Downtown happenings, Local media, The Damn Pigeons, Weather, Weird Burghers
1. So I left the house this morning and it was raining. When I got to town, it was snowing and all the snow on the ground was turning to immediate slush. It’s still snowing, so apparently we are still in the throes of the Great Frizzle of 2008.
I love Demetrius Ivory so so much for giving us this new, perfect, awesome word for the wildly shifting precipitation we see here in the Burgh. Not quite rain, not quite snow, not quite sleet, and not quite a drizzle.
We need a shirt.
Jeff Verszyla is probably jealous as all get out and is trying to coin his own word as we speak.
Row? Reet? Rizzle? Snain? Snizzeet?
2. I’m not bitter at all that my parents are sitting on a beach somewhere on a tiny island, sipping alcoholic beverages and maybe swimming with some stingrays later.
Not. Bitter. At. All.
I feel Cancun calling me.
3. In my duties as a miner of Craigslist, I can honestly say that I have never read an ad that actually gave me the dry heaves. Not even that guy inside the big balloon.
‘Scuse me while I go retch.
(h/t to Barb)
4. If you love a fiery redhead [mrowr!], then you’ll want to mark your calendar to stalk that hottie Julianne Moore who will be filming a horror movie here in the Burgh in March.
Can I get a thank you and a mrowr from the guys for the gratuitous side-boob shot up there?
5. Here’s a gotomypc commercial that reader Amy brought to my attention.
The entire commercial is hilarious as heck, but go to :21 seconds and watch the hot dog vendor unleash his karate chops of pigeon-hating fury.
That is something I would totally do. Except I would actually connect.
6. Whirl Magazine sent a 22-year-old to interview the Penguins. Lucky!
There’s a nice photo of Malkin in there.
If ever I get the chance to interview the Penguins in their locker room, the first order of business to be discussed will be The Commercial.