Carpe Testes

Thanks to a well-funded, well-organized campaign that began, I don’t know, decades ago, we ladies know that we have to … well … check our boobs, yo. This is so we don’t die of breast cancer. My grandmother died of breast cancer. It’s a bitch.

We are reminded at every turn, with commercials, ad campaigns and articles in our magazines, pull out and hang in your shower laminated how-to cards complete with pictures … that we must feel our boobs for lumps in between our doctor appointments at which time our doctor will then feel our boobs for lumps.

It is now such a normal everyday occurrence that it is not unusual for us ladies to be enjoying a lovely lunch and to comment in between dainty bites of lettuce, “So, the other day I was feeling my boobs in the shower, and the phone rang …”

I have a point here. And I’m getting to it.

Reader Sarah emailed me a link to this video that “her friend did.” I don’t know if that means the dude is her friend, or her friend wrote it or directed it or what. That’s not the point, the point is … guys? Have you checked your donkey omelets lately to see if there’s a third one growing? More importantly … do your testicles feel okay?

It’s a catchy tune. And funny as all get out. Check it out.

1. Marc
    February 14, 2008 10:12 am

You made my morning with the term “Donkey Omeletes” that’s a new one to me.

2. Mia`
    February 14, 2008 10:12 am

Is it me or is there no video here?

3. pittgirl
    February 14, 2008 10:24 am

If you can’t see it:

4. chrys
    February 14, 2008 10:30 am

I liked that.. it reminds me of when Tom Green sang a similair song.

5. Mia`
    February 14, 2008 10:39 am

ahhh blocked by big Brother…have to check it out from home. Thanks!

6. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 14, 2008 10:50 am

Donkey Omeletes?

Thats the funniest things Ive heard of in a long time

7. BagitTagit
    February 14, 2008 10:58 am

On a related note, I just discovered that Viggo Mortensen is living in my building.

Okay. It probably wasn’t related. It was probably more just name dropping. But the mental image of ‘Aragon’ checking his “donkey omeletes” for cancer is worth the price of reading…

8. BagitTagit
    February 14, 2008 10:59 am

By the way, PittGirl, if anyone gets to your website through the combination of:

Viggo
    Mortensen
    Donkey
    Omeletes
    Aragon

You owe me a pepsi…

9. pittgirl
    February 14, 2008 11:01 am

Bag It Tag It,

Not to get all 14-years-old on you or anything, but, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PittGirl

10. BagitTagit
    February 14, 2008 11:06 am

um…

Squeeeeeeeeeee! to you as well???

11. Bill
    February 14, 2008 11:51 am

It is good advise, a very good friend of mine died from testicular cancer. And another caught his in time, he only lost one testicle and is thankfully cancer free so far.

12. Julie
    February 14, 2008 12:40 pm

This is a direct Rendell quote you can find in the article linked from this blog:

“It made me feel so uncomfortable,” he said. “I felt like strangling those people. If I weren’t running for office, I probably would have.”

Sooo… we have a slightly racist governor who would also enjoy strangling his constituents?

Nice.

13. Julie
    February 14, 2008 12:41 pm

My bad… that comment was supposed to be to another post.

It’s been a long day already. :(

14. Muddypelican
    February 14, 2008 12:53 pm

My boyfriend just finished up treatment for testicular cancer, its still relatively rare right now, but is on the rise. Good Song!

15. Judge Rufus Peckham
    February 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Julie, when I read your comment “It made me feel so uncomfortable,” I thought for certain you were posting on the right thread — it sounded like our Governor was referring to the, you know, process of checking himself. And for him, it definitely would be uncomfortable trying to reach his “donkey omelets.” Please note that this term fits our Governor well because he’s a Democrat. Republican men have elephant omelets.

(PittGirl: This is a good post because it’s something most guys don’t even like to think about, and they should.)

16. Jonesin' for Pittgirl
    February 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Dude, “PittGirl says ‘Check your donkey omelettes’” should totally be your next tee.

17. Sarah
    February 14, 2008 5:34 pm

My friend wrote and produced this ad, I think. I know he was involved in the creative thinking-up of it.

18. Rob
    August 26, 2008 9:41 am

PittGirl, thanks for posting this. We produced the videos (there are six, but this is the most popular) as part of our ongoing efforts to fight the #1 cancer in young men (yes, TC is the most common cancer in men 15-40). If you like what we are doing, please pitch in at http://www.seankimerling.org. The videos were created for us by our awesome friends at Struck Creative.