More more hate mail! Yay!

Ok.  Where’s the pigeon-lovers forum that has linked to my blog because suddenly, the pigeon lovers are on my case like Benny’s minions.  An email from Cheryl:

You should be ashamed of yourself, picking on defensiveless pigeons. May I remind you that kicking pigeons violates animal cruelty laws in Pennsylvania. Do you kick babies too? They carry more diseases that are a threat to you than a pigeon?

I know I shouldn’t be giving fuel to their fire, but come on.  These emails and their ridiculous lack of a sense of humor are kinda hilarious.

Also?  Defensiveless?

1. Jonesin' for Pittgirl
    February 15, 2008 10:32 am

Someone needs to tell these people NOT to drink the bong water.

2. BagitTagit
    February 15, 2008 10:47 am

I just have this vision of ACTUAL PIGEONS sitting in a cyber cafe somewhere typing these out. Everyone’s looking at them. One pigeon is dictating (thus the incompetent grammer/spelling).

“Ask if she kicks babies, Carl!”

“Yeah… those babies are dirty.”

3. pittgirl
    February 15, 2008 10:49 am

HAH!!!!

Oh, I am dying. Awesome.

4. Let's do Lunch!?
    February 15, 2008 11:01 am

Roasting a pigeon is easy enough, take a dressed bird and stick a sprig of thyme, a clove of garlic (unpeeled) and a couple of juniper berries up its cavity and rub the whole thing with butter or goose fat. Crank your oven up high then ’seal’ the pigeon breast side down in a hot pan of oil and butter, flip it over and spoon some of the fat over the carcasse and then turn it over again so it’s breast side down.

5. Sooska
    February 15, 2008 11:04 am

Pittgirl, you have an ally here. Pigeons=seagulls in my book. Like the late Bill Burns from KDKA used to call pigeons: Flying Rats. Once, at the beach, a sea gull swooped down and stole my mom’s hot dog right out of her hand as she was about to take the first bite. She was hungry. Wow! was she Pissed. She would attend a seagull shoot.

6. oljb
    February 15, 2008 11:04 am

Babies don’t poop on my ventilation intake. Pigeons do. Therefore, I am more inclined to shoot pigeons than babies.

February 15, 2008 11:25 am

someone needs to kick cheryl — what a donkey omelette.

8. scottie
    February 15, 2008 11:25 am

kill the pigeons .. and their supporters!

9. Kelli
    February 15, 2008 11:48 am

Let’s Do Lunch – that sounds great!

Actually, and here is where my redneck roots come out – I have eaten dove. Which is just a really pretty pigeon and is a much of a pain to farmers as pigeons are to city folk. Yes, I grew up on a farm.

Just dove breast, which is tiny. My brother would procur them (yeah, shoot them) and dress them. Then we would take the nice little breast meat and throw it on the grill. Yum.

We then decided they would be even better if we wrapped them in bacon and grilled them. Double. Yum. Like those great chicken liver appetizers, but without having to eat liver.

Anyway, dove (pretty pigeon) makes a lovely appetizer before a huge steak dinner.

10. In Sewickley
    February 15, 2008 11:53 am

I love animals way more than people, but pigeons are cruel and disgusting. They dive-bomb you on purpose!!

These pigeon lovers are odd to say the least!

11. fugly
    February 15, 2008 12:22 pm

That’s it…..it’s go time with the pigeon lovers. I’m going to create a pigeon poop gun, find them…then let them have it.

12. Eileen
    February 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Cheryl,
    From what I hear, Pittgirl only kicks pigeon lovers babies.
    Be afraid, be very afraid. She’s such a threat to society.

13. Uncle Crappy
    February 15, 2008 12:38 pm

I’m still trying to figure out what “defensiveless” actually means. It’s like some kind of odd double-negative…

14. Leslie
    February 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Love you, Uncle Crappy.

Seek “revengence” on all pigeon lovers!

15. Pensgirl
    February 15, 2008 1:15 pm

It boggles my mind that people come here regularly and read the blog and yet seem to require closed-captioning for the Humor Impaired.

16. mis
    February 15, 2008 1:49 pm

I will never forget seeing ‘Keep America Clean – Eat a Pigeon’ on a desk at the CalU library!
    I dont remember too much from college but I remember that.

17. Ashley Ann
    February 15, 2008 1:49 pm

sorry but a baby doesn’t perch on top of a building eyeing me up for it’s next attack like pigeons do!!

18. jason
    February 15, 2008 1:53 pm

defensiveless- to go into a protective state of being without the actual means of protection.

19. parking chair
    February 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Sooska, you are dead on. I’ve always referred to sea gulls as “coastal pigeons.”

That FedEx commercial only proves how evil and stupid pigeons really are. Aren’t the falcons supposed ot eat all those goofy red-eyed bird bastards?

20. Bert
    February 15, 2008 2:44 pm

You are goign to rue the day you ever kicked (or thought about kicking) a pigeon. I’m gonna be “doin the pigeon” all over yo ass.

21. Charlie
    February 15, 2008 5:26 pm

most of these people must live around the area on the river where they are dumping the waste…

seriously what is wrong with these people. WHO CARES ABOUT FREAKING PIGEONS??? tree hugging, nature loving democrats!

22. PittCheMBA
    February 15, 2008 7:11 pm

The Pigeon minions and the Benny minions should unite, the Benny-Pigeon minions.

23. NY Luvs Pitts
    February 15, 2008 11:16 pm

How can you make a comparison with pigeons and babies??? Someone needs to kick Cheryl.

24. Ravishing Rick
    February 15, 2008 11:54 pm

I have a picture of PittGirl posing with a group of pigeons,I’ll post it on CL under R&R

25. NotSoNice
    February 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Isn’t pigeon the “other white meat”?

Try some, as they say “tastes like chicken”!!!

26. Still A. Fan
    February 17, 2008 10:22 am

we need to get chuck norris to go after the pigeon supporters, i was trying to come up with a new chuck norris myth that mixes pigeons, PETA and hate emailers….but i got nothin’

27. coach99
    February 18, 2008 10:19 am

I believe the late, great Bill Burns did get into trouble for saying something to the effect that you could solve two problems in market square by feeding the pigeons to the homeless hanging around there.

February 18, 2008 12:06 pm

how about this:

“pigeons don’t poop on chuck norris — he…..”

naah, that’s pretty gross.

29. Mia`
    February 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Damn girl! You sure do attract the freaks.
    May I suggest one of Pigeon Supporters actually attempt to kick a pigeon? Honesty go try it…chances of you actually connecting are slim to none. What should that tell you? It should tell you that it’s a figure of speach, a joke, a way to show the world the hatred of the pigeon. Oh and in case you forgot, we are allowed to hate pigeons. No where in the constitution or bible or any other document anywhere does it state, “tho shall not hatest the pigeons.”
    As for the pigeon shoots – I know nothing about them that the name does not tell you – there is shooting of pigeons. I’d prefer that the pigeons aren’t tortured first, but I’m not overly concerned about it if hey are. And if they are eating the pigeons after shooting them, all the better. Did I hear someone say circle of life??
    I don’t think the cows should be tortured when they are killed either, that doesn’t mean I’m giving up my steak! Again, circle of life. Ya think the tigers humanely kill the gazelle before eating it?

30. Mia`
    February 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh BTW Pg, I’d like to nominate “Pittgirl says, Kick a Pigeon” for your next T-shirt!
    ha!

31. Funky Dung
    February 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Anyone else reminded of the Family Guy episode in which Death went on a date with an animal rights nutjob? He killed her right after claiming that animals don’t make make war. “Not with nuclear arms. You can’t hug your kids with nuclear arms.”

32. Zsa
    February 19, 2008 1:38 pm

I personally love pigeons, but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying and laughing at PittGirl’s anti-pigeon rants. I feel the same way about bats, cheese popcorn, and Faith Hill.