Reader “A” recently posted to the comments of this post in which I declare that “pigeon shoots REWL!”
Wow. Pigeon shoots “rewl”. That right there shows the reliability of your blog. Pigeons actually are not the disease-ridden animals they have the reputation of being. They are birds that carry out their lives, have children, feel pain, suffer, and die.
Read a bit more about the pigeon shoots and that it The cruelty involved in the pigeon shoot is far worse than you seem to understand (obviously, with such a post like this). And also, if you think pigeons are a problem, you should read about the diseases farmed chickens are bringing into the country. You are more likely to get a disease from your plate than a pigeon.
Please be more considerate last time instead of shaming Pittsburgh with such comments.
1. I’m burning in hell because I swear swear swear on my brown leather high-heeled do-me boots that as soon as I read the phrase “entails many men shooting caged and tethered birds and laughing as they struggle on the ground and flap in pain, unable to fly.” I laughed.
Someone has seriously spiked my coffee, right Scary Naked Bleeding Man? That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
2. I agree it does show the “reliability of [my] blog” because you can count on me not ever feeling sorry for a pigeon. I’m a rock.
3. Tarantulas carry out their lives, have children, feel pain, suffer, and die, too. I’ll still shoot the legs off of any tarantula that dares to come within a mile of my person. Survival of the fittest.
4. My hatred of pigeons has nothing to do with the fact, yes, the fact that they can carry disease. It has to do with the fact that THEY DIVE-BOMB ME AND POOP ON ME AND HATE MY GUTS AS MUCH AS I HATE THEIRS.
5. I don’t doubt for one minute that if they were given the means and the ability to do it, that the pigeons of the world would catapult PittGirl into the sky and shoot me down, laughing as I flailed helplessly to the ground bleeding profusely from a wide variety of bullet holes.
6. Also, look, reader Brian emailed me a picture he took of a one-legged pigeon in Staten Island!
7. UPDATE: Another one:
Ewwww…. Puppies are cute, therefore puppy mills are “bad.” Pigeons poop, therefore let’s encourage the ignorant masses to go “kick a pigeon.” Ever been to a pigeon shoot? You’d probably feel right at home judging by the above comments…. They’re full of drunk, gambling rednecks in KKK baseball caps (not a non-white face for miles in ‘dem parts of PA…) shooting at dazed birds who’ve been caged and starved for weeks on end. They release them from the traps and the poor birds waddle onto the field and/or struggle into the air only to get shot in the wing or something, they’re rarely clean-killed. I saw one group of your kindred spirits fighting below a tree branch that an injured bird had flown into. It was dripping blood onto them and these guys (mostly) were frenzied. Finally the bird fell and was caught by the tallest jerk-off. The catcher then proceeded to bite its head off…
Ewww… how funny. How fucking cool is that. What an awesome thing to be associated with.
I guess it was only a matter of time before the pigeon lovers who apparently don’t have a shred of a sense of humor came after me.