- February 15, 2008
- filed under Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Random, Sonni Abatta, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Weird Burghers
1. This morning I headed to McDonald’s to get some coffee to wake me up because I’m a doofus and I stayed up late to catch up on some Tivo, some emails, and some reading and after five hours of sleep, I’m just a smidge delirious. As I waited patiently in line to order my large coffee with two creams, a man of about 30 walks in with a garbage bag full of belongings and a big umbrella in his hands. He wasn’t homeless or anything I don’t think because he was clean-shaven, wearing decent clothes, nice boots and a nice jacket. And he had a cell phone. So … he marched up to the front of the line, leaned over the counter and banged on it with his open hand, and shouted, “Hey! Yo! Hey! Can I get an application!?”
He is SO getting hired.
2. Lukey is PISSED because snow removal in the city bites all sorts of ass. He says:
Mr. Ravenstahl, of Summer Hill, said he ordered the Public Works Department to “plow my street last,” but believes his order was ignored. “I know there were trucks on my street,” he said. “They don’t listen to me.”
He said he will reiterate the order.
So many jokes, so little time. Write your own.
3. The Pens lost last night (it’s okay.) and also lost newly reacquired boyfriend of Sonni Abatta Kris Beech who probably broke his wrist. It’s still going to be okay.
4. SpyGate is still going strong, with Sen. Specter refusing to let it die. You know, if the Patriots had won the Super Bowl this year, I’d be all over this. Granted, they may have gained an advantage during their previous Super Bowl runs, but the fact of the matter remains that like Barry Bonds, the Patriots will always have an asterisk next to their Super Bowl wins because of this and that shadow of cheating will forever be a factor in why they will not be considered to be nearly as great a dynasty as the Steelers of the 70s, and that asterisk and never-fading shadow are good enough a punishment for me.
Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, reached at his home in North Carolina yesterday, said:
“Is it an advantage to steal signals? Yes. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No.”
Ah, North Carolina. Lucky bastard.
5. Poor Kelly Frey.
You can rest assured readers that if PittGirl ever puts a “face bra” on, one of two things is happening … someone is holding a gun to my head or a pigeon to my eyeballs.
No frickin’ way. I keep my good looks the old-fashioned way. Booze and cigs.
6. Speaking of booze and cigs and fake legs … here’s a picture of that “former homecoming queen” that beat the shit out of her sister with her sister’s very own fake leg during a fight that occured in where else but their TRAILER.