Random n@.

1. I think I speak for all Burghers living in the Burgh this sunny, cold morning when I say: HOLY FROZEN WITCHES’ TITTIES!

Damn. It’s cold.

Sorry no posting yesterday, by the way. Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging. And blogging shouldn’t ever get in the way of life. Right? So yesterday, I had to do some life.

2. A Fayette County judge sentenced a molester to hell. See:

When I saw the headline, my first thought was, “Will there be pigeons involved?” and my second thought was, “It’s about time our judges were given this broad a power when it comes to pedophiles.”

When I’m a judge, I’ll wield this awesome power in the most responsible manner. And you can be sure that “responsible manner” includes lots of staring down criminals and shouting, “To hell with you!”

(h/t BurgherinArkansas)

3. Best. Commercial. EVER!

And, no, I didn’t write it. Surprisingly.

(h/t coolmommy123)

4. While we sit here trying to unfreeze our snots, the Pirates are down there in Florida … hopefully working their asses off. Burghers, looking at this picture of Freddy Sanchez at camp. I don’t know. It does something to me. It’s making me look forward to baseball season. Like maybe this will be the year? Is it too much to hope? They can’t lose forever can they?

CAN THEY?!?!?

Oh, God, they can, can’t they?

5. Have you been watching American Idol? Did you see the last two nights? How can a group with so much talent … have so much suck?

Ugh.

6. August Wilson’s boyhood home appears to have finally cut through the muckity muck of politics and red tape and will become a historic structure.

Tonya Payne, who REALLY dropped the ball, I mean, she didn’t just drop the ball, she threw it as hard as she could to the opposing team, said:

“It was my mistake. It was no one else’s mistake,” Ms. Payne said of delays in considering the house’s nomination.

“I’m woman enough to look Mr. Ellis in the eye, and say I’m sorry for the mistake I made,” Ms. Payne said, looking across Council Chamber at him.

Take note, Twanda Carlisle. THAT is how you apologize.

7. Thanks for the kind words and emails you’ve all been sending in appreciation of the post about the kid that gave the homeless man the sandwich. It’s funny. The posts I almost decide not to post invariably end up becoming the most popular of them all.

8. It’s going to snow tonight. I wonder who is going to win this first battle of the war? Lukey … or snow.

Can I get a “TEAM SNOW” tee-shirt somewhere?

1. Still A Fan
    February 21, 2008 8:42 am

i’m going to keep a ranking of the idol peeps on my site. will add commentary as it gets down to a manageable number.

do you notice if you get more hits on days when you dont blog? people checking back constantly to see if its been updated. i only checked every 3-4 minutes yesterday.

2. pittgirl
    February 21, 2008 8:51 am

You know what? It stays about the same hits-wise. I’m glad you’re so obsessed though. :)

3. spoon
    February 21, 2008 9:02 am

You should start a photoshop contest for some of these pics you find. I’m sure we could get some good ones with that Freddy image. I’m still feelin good about this season though that could be the Penguins talkin thru me.

4. Pingback: American Idol » Random n@.

February 21, 2008 9:48 am

spoon — you ignorant slut. the buccos will be the succos again this year — COUNT on it! we just gots to tie that record of futility.

but, I’ll be going to their games anyway this season because I’m a big huge ignorant slut, too. (and, no, not for the stupid fireworks nights.)

as for the war — I’m siding with the snow.

6. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 21, 2008 9:53 am

Im jumping on the Team Snow bandwagon…

30 years from now I want to tell my grandchildren about how Lukey went up against the Freeze-mizer in the War of Snow 2008 and got his arse kicked…

Lukey…you cant fight mother nature…she’s…just…you know…a mother

7. Pingback: Baseball » Random n@.

8. DW
    February 21, 2008 10:41 am

2 snow shovels and a snow blower, I’m ready for war with Luke leading the charge. I’m prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice in the War on Snow. I’ve lived here and in Somerset, where we got 10 feet of snow every day it seemed. I’m tired of winter and I’m enrolling in the army. Please let my daughter know I love her if I don’t come back.

9. amber
    February 21, 2008 10:50 am

i think snow might best lukey again.. i may put a few bucks on this one.

10. merman
    February 21, 2008 10:52 am

War on Snow?

Does that mean that Marty’s Army is a part of the Coalition of the Shoveling?

11. TC
    February 21, 2008 11:17 am

Judging by my street, the “War on Snow” involves using a street sweeper instead of a plow. The snow is not so much “removed” as it is “neatly brushed in a circular pattern”.

Effective for a light snow “attack”, but I fear for what will happen during a full “snow with freezing rain blitzkreig”

12. JP
    February 21, 2008 11:34 am

Those F’ ups can’t even buy the right trucks. This war was over before it even began. Even though we get less snow every year, they manage to keep up in their suckiness removing it. Now that is was I call consistency, second only to the Bucs who redefined the suckiness consistency paradigm a while back .

13. Kathy
    February 21, 2008 11:47 am

I don’t know if there will be pigeons in hell, but apparently they will be in heaven. Did you notice that one of the Oscar nominated movies this year is titled “Even Pigeons Go to Heaven”????

14. Bram R
    February 21, 2008 11:53 am

Merman — oh, he’s shoveling it, all right.

15. Robert
    February 21, 2008 12:00 pm

I’m rooting for the snow in a blow out. :) Lukey buried in a snowbank, now that’s entertainment.

16. DP
    February 21, 2008 12:11 pm

The utter ridiculousness of Luke declaring war on an act of nature makes me want to root for the snow–and I hate, hate, hate, loathe-with-all-my-being, HATE snow!

It also makes me want to start keeping score…

17. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    February 21, 2008 12:24 pm

I guess I’m an ignorant slut when it comes to the Bucs, too. I always beleive they’re in the race until they are mathematically eliminated. I believe in them so much, that I’ve continued to get season tickets for the past 15 years, despite not living in Pittsburgh for the past 10.

18. Leslie
    February 21, 2008 12:34 pm

On #5… I hope Simon punches out Paula’s front teeth. I enjoyed watching them banter WAY more than the boooooring contestants. And when did Dawg get all up in Paula’s grill and agree with her on everything? I used to like Randy, but he’s getting on my nerves too, yo. I’d like to see Simon clothesline the two of them.

19. John
    February 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Judge Solomon actually officiated my wedding this past summer, which incidentally, had Tim, from the last post about the Nancy Mosser casting, as one of the groomsmen.

I’m pretty sure that in the area, you won’t get a verdict like that anywhere else but Fayettenam.

20. Steeler_tom
    February 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Ignorant sluts? I must be 1 too & I’m a guy.
    Just hope for the best! Remember the summer of ’79?
    I do. The Bucs crawled outta the basement that summer!
    What memories! Taking a bus to TRS, watchin the game, intentionally missing the bus back to New Castle, and being a bar hopping (all the way back) 17/18 year old and never getting carded! (Had a baby face too!) Now that was fun!

21. spoon
    February 21, 2008 8:48 pm

Steeler_tom, that’s how unsatisfied shows affection. He’s still bitter from when I had him shut off at a Clarks show.

February 22, 2008 9:46 am

oh, but there will be revenge for that, spoon-ster — yes, there WILL be revenge.

mwahahahahahahahaha…ha.

btw — new nickname for long-suffering pirates fans: “the ignorant sluts.”

I think we need a t-shirt.