1. I think I speak for all Burghers living in the Burgh this sunny, cold morning when I say: HOLY FROZEN WITCHES’ TITTIES!
Damn. It’s cold.
Sorry no posting yesterday, by the way. Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging. And blogging shouldn’t ever get in the way of life. Right? So yesterday, I had to do some life.
2. A Fayette County judge sentenced a molester to hell. See:
When I saw the headline, my first thought was, “Will there be pigeons involved?” and my second thought was, “It’s about time our judges were given this broad a power when it comes to pedophiles.”
When I’m a judge, I’ll wield this awesome power in the most responsible manner. And you can be sure that “responsible manner” includes lots of staring down criminals and shouting, “To hell with you!”
And, no, I didn’t write it. Surprisingly.
4. While we sit here trying to unfreeze our snots, the Pirates are down there in Florida … hopefully working their asses off. Burghers, looking at this picture of Freddy Sanchez at camp. I don’t know. It does something to me. It’s making me look forward to baseball season. Like maybe this will be the year? Is it too much to hope? They can’t lose forever can they?
Oh, God, they can, can’t they?
5. Have you been watching American Idol? Did you see the last two nights? How can a group with so much talent … have so much suck?
6. August Wilson’s boyhood home appears to have finally cut through the muckity muck of politics and red tape and will become a historic structure.
Tonya Payne, who REALLY dropped the ball, I mean, she didn’t just drop the ball, she threw it as hard as she could to the opposing team, said:
“It was my mistake. It was no one else’s mistake,” Ms. Payne said of delays in considering the house’s nomination.
“I’m woman enough to look Mr. Ellis in the eye, and say I’m sorry for the mistake I made,” Ms. Payne said, looking across Council Chamber at him.
Take note, Twanda Carlisle. THAT is how you apologize.
7. Thanks for the kind words and emails you’ve all been sending in appreciation of the post about the kid that gave the homeless man the sandwich. It’s funny. The posts I almost decide not to post invariably end up becoming the most popular of them all.
8. It’s going to snow tonight. I wonder who is going to win this first battle of the war? Lukey … or snow.
Can I get a “TEAM SNOW” tee-shirt somewhere?