1. For those of you no longer living here, it’s snowing again. Three inches. So that of course means we Burghers have been watching random local news video of salt trucks till we’re ready to stab our eyeballs out.
Reader Nancy wrote:
I think WPXI wins today – what in the heck is “freezing fog”? I was darn near afraid to walk out of my house today for fear of accidentally walking into some large frozen mass face-first.
They must sit up and night thinking these things up.
Freezing fog? Maybe that’s what you get when frizzle freezes!
2. WTAE sent Marci Cipriani to get her hair made over by a local hairdresser who will be doing celebrities’ hair styles at the Oscars this weekend.
Here’s her before and after:
Fug! I could achieve the same results with my tongue and a light socket.
I’m sorry, but put Marci in a robe and hand her a coffee mug and yeah, that’s pretty much how she probably looks when she wakes up in the morning.
3. Reader Eileen informed me of this awesome site Pittsburghese.com.
The Pittsburghese Calisthenics made me laugh.
4. Have you checked out some of the dumb/outdated laws on the law books in Pennsylvania?
In Allentown, there is a ban on men becoming aroused in public.
Sally Wiggin better stay the heck away from Allentown!
A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.
Curses! Foiled again!
It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
Good ole’ West Virginia. Come to West Virginia! You can have sex with a dog, just not a horse.
(h/t Burgher in Arkansas where a man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.)
5. So who’s winning the war? Lukey or snow? Reader DW wrote:
According to Marty Griffith and the callers, Luke is WINNING the War on Snow! People said they haven’t seen service like this in 30 years, 30 years I tell ya! Snicker….it’s a love fest on Marty’s show today.
Damn it! Don’t fail me now, snow!
7. The Pens just keep on winning. And I love it.
8. One of my hottest Facebook friends Leo sent me a link to this site that has got some interesting info about poop. Some things about poop:
- Bird poop is white because birds can’t pee. Can you imagine if the pigeons peed, too? Really, imagine it. And try not to vomit.
- Dousing their poop with hot sauce will make your dog not eat his own poop. Unless it’s PittGirl’s terrier. That dog will eat his own poop covered in hot sauce and haughtily look up at me mid-bite to inquire if madam has got anything stronger than the habanero sauce currently tickling his taste buds. My dog is gross. Poop facts are funny.