Random n@.

1.  I think after this week my life will slow down a bit.  PLEASE let my life slow down a bit.  I’m itching to do a What They’re Really Thinking, Spring Training edition for the Buccos of Suckitude.

2.  Sonni Abatta, THE Sonni Abatta, donated to Bill Toland’s effort to raise money for kids with cancer by having his head shaved on March 15.  Bill is a sneaky SOB and he raised his goal from $1,000 to $1,500.  If you haven’t already given a few bucks to Bill’s effort, just think, you’d be joining Sonni Abatta!  And then one day when your stalking effort finally pays off and you find yourself face to face with her, you’ll have something in common to talk about!

It’s perfect.

Also, if you have given to Bill and you haven’t let me know yet, please do.  I’d love for you to win the free shirt!

3.  Speaking of PittGirl shirts, reader Erik wrote:

I think you’ll be amused and at least a little bit insulted by this.  I was at Wal-Mart this evening and happened to be wearing the PittGirl Says Drink shirt.  In the check-out lane, the cashier gave me a very odd look and said, “PittGirl?  What’s that?  Some kinda NASCAR thing?”

This is your legacy.

NASCAR?

NASCAR??!?!?!!

[thud]

[groggily lifts head]

NASCAR??!!!!

[thud]

4.  Stephanie Lemieux, Mario’s daughter, does a Mario and she does it GOOD.

Check her out.

Only a Lemieux can score a goal while flat on their face.

Also?  Flat on my face is usually how I ice skate.  It’s very sexy.

(h/t Barbian)

5.   I really want potential Smokin’ Hot Burgher Byung-Hyun Kim to make the Pirates roster and I have no idea why I’ve suddenly become his biggest fan.

But it might have something to do with the fact that he continues to be FREAKISHLY ADORABLE!

Check the Trib’s coverage out.

1. Pingback: My Cancer Treatments » Blog Archive » Random n@.

2. Pensgirl
    February 25, 2008 12:50 pm

3. Ouch.

4. They showed that during the game yesterday and then cut to a beaming papa in the owner’s box. I say we draft her.

3. danimal
    February 25, 2008 1:34 pm

that’s right..NASCAR.

did I stutter bitch?
    :wtf:

4. tunesmith
    February 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Gretzky’s kid is better.

5. In Sewickley
    February 25, 2008 4:03 pm

The Trib has the sucky Pirates totally covered.

6. Monty
    February 25, 2008 6:27 pm

“NASCAR” stands for Chuck Norris Can Kick Your Ass.

7. Joe
    February 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Speaking of Pirate photos, have you seen this photo of new Pirate Doug Mientkiewicz (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bonds/080225#)? I found it kind of disturbing but couldn’t figure out way. Then I realized it vaguely reminded me of the No Country For Old Men dude (http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/ap_no_country_071210_ms.jpg).

8. Still A Fan
    February 25, 2008 8:22 pm

ummmmmm, when you mention ben, you have a pic of ben. when you mention troysus, you have a picture. do you see where i’m going with this? sonni? hello? picture for the fellas?

9. nascarlady4359
    February 25, 2008 8:37 pm

I think you are a loser. NASCAR folks who go to the races and spend thousands of dollars are relatively wealthy people. I go to 6 races or so yearly with my family and we spend mega bucks…Oh I forgot, you spend your day on this website, so you probably don’t work Pittgirl…You can’t afford to live a NASCAR life.

10. Steeler_tom
    February 25, 2008 8:39 pm

In referance to item #2 today…
    I’ve decided to join Bill (even tho’ I’m marooned in the Mojave desert. Check out my page (yes it’s a shamless plug for Amey…..

I just gotta do something……more……
    Peace & Love

11. plexxer
    February 26, 2008 9:18 am

Nascarlady, that is the most disjointed rebuttal I have ever read. What does spending thousands of dollars at NASCAR races have to do with anything that either Pittgirl or Erik said? When forming a concise argument, it’s best to choose elements that pertain to the facts at hand, otherwise you come off looking like a buffoon.

BTW, what does one spend thousands of dollars on at NASCAR events?

12. lolo
    February 26, 2008 9:25 am

Gah. Slow your roll, NASCARlady. It’s called H-U-M-O-R. (Love me some Matt Kenseth. Wisconsin boy. Good stuff.)

February 26, 2008 11:39 am

what does nascarlady spend her “mega bucks” on — chiropractor bills for her neck after watching cars make left turns for 6 hours?

14. BurgherinArkansas
    February 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Boo Nascarlady…you know when people brag about their money they are probably making up for their shortcomings and unhappiness…she is probably just a lonely woman with 30 cats, 4 dogs, and 5 pigeons who buys peoples affection with her NASCAR tickets…what is a NASCAR life anyway?

15. Dan (Not Onarato)
    February 26, 2008 12:32 pm

there hasnt been a decent NASCAR driver since Dick Trickle…I mean how could you NOT lose with a name like that

OH and NASCARLady and danimal…lighten the *f* up…she was joking

Gawd.

16. Sue
    February 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Byung YUM Kim,
    Me likie!
    YUM

17. Rob
    February 26, 2008 1:23 pm

So I guess Sidney Crosby, since he lives with them, is an honorary Lemieux? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFqhCRD1ko&feature=related

18. nascarlady
    February 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Actually, I am married with 2 children, no pets and have a disabled child who absolutley lives for NASCAR. Anyone who is low life enough to comment about that, take your best shot.
    I am just tried of those people who don’t watch nascar, putting it down. By the way, my boy likes wrestling, steelers, pirates and the pens too!

19. medgirl
    February 29, 2008 10:11 pm

Good for you nascarlady! You can have my vote anyday. You take your life and dedicate it to your disabled child…good for you!And i assume, hold down a job and pay all your bills….. What is this Pittgirl thing anyways and how did this all start?
    bye bye

20. niceguybob
    February 29, 2008 10:14 pm

Hello people….wake up and quit the fighting….everyone play nice in the sandbox…this is just for fun, isn;t it. By the way, I apologize NASCARLADy, since now i know you have a handicap child. You go girl!

21. Jeff R
    April 15, 2008 3:33 am

You mean sonni did something that wasn’t selfish? I am marking my calendar.